Windows 10: New computer with Win 10, getting failed updates

Discus and support New computer with Win 10, getting failed updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Brand new computer with Windows 10. It did its update thing after it was set up and updated to the current build. Took a look through the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bru, Feb 23, 2016.

1. BRU
    bru Win User

New computer with Win 10, getting failed updates

Brand new computer with Windows 10. It did its update thing after it was set up and updated to the current build. Took a look through the Windows Updates settings and noticed that Update history only lists one successfully installed update even though previously it had listed others. No big deal I suppose but I did a little poking around and when checking Reliability History I see I have had three failed updates already, basically there has been a failure or failures each day it has tried to install an update(s).

First was error 0x80246007: Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime Package.
    2nd: error 0x80070490: Snapfish.
    3rd: error 0x80070490: Microsoft Photos

Not a very auspicious start to my tenure with Win 10. I can count on one hand the number of failed updates I have had with Win 7 and 8.1 . How worried should I be? Do I have a bum machine? At least with the previous OS's I could try to reinstall the failed update. Not sure what to do at this point.

:)

2. Rbehrend Win User

Unable to update anniversary update with 0xc1900200 error on Windows 10

Original Title: Win 10 not updating

My win 10 update has failed 3 days in a row to get the latest update. It redirected me to something called the anniversary update which failed and gave me 0xc1900200 error. Everything I find on the web says that update was for upgrading to win 10 which I
    did last year. I do not have my old win 7 back up because the computer was new and when I took it out of the box it said upgrade to win 10 so I did. I've had win 10 since Oct and all updates worked until 3 days ago.

Please Help

Rbehrend, Feb 23, 2016
  3. Windows updates taking over my computer how to get rid

My computer was win 7 I updated to win 10 months ago was no problem until last week.

Windows 10 update assistant has installed itself on my pc

and its trying to update win 10 security updates almost every hour each attempt fails and it starts again

I have tried reinstalling win 10 that goes through the process of install then comes up win 10 fail

My computer is working fine , its just these updates taking over the screen non stop

HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS ANNOYING UPDATES (Or get them to work !)

I have tried Windows update troublshooter no effect

OI have tried fixing hard drive no effect

HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS ANNOYING UPDATES (Or get them to work !)

blueawk97898, Feb 23, 2016
Thema:

New computer with Win 10, getting failed updates

1. New computer with Win 10, getting failed updates - Similar Threads - computer getting failed

2. Failed Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed Win 10 update: I have latest Win 10 version21H2, 64 bit, but get 0x800700d error when try Win 10 updateKB 5016616. DISM.exe and Win 10 download install failed. Further help appreciated. Many thanks. Bob...
  3. Failed Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed Win 10 update: I have latest Win 10 version21H2, 64 bit, but get 0x800700d error when try Win 10 updateKB 5016616. DISM.exe and Win 10 download install failed. Further help appreciated. Many thanks. Bob...
  4. Failed Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. WIN 10 Updates fail

WIN 10 Updates fail: I have two WIN 10 Updates that continually fail regardless if WIN Updater tries or when I download them from the catalogue and try to manually install. I keep getting error messages for two updates: 2020-10 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10...
  6. Win-10 updated failed

Win-10 updated failed: Hi, I downloaded on ISO file for the update, mounted it, and ran it. It failed. Received this message: We couldn't install Windows 10 We've set your PC back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 10. 0x80004005 - 0x1000A This installation failed...
  7. win 10 failed update

win 10 failed update: I have only a good update to 1703. After that all upgrades failed (KB4134660). I ve used MS support help and nothing. She couldnt resolve upgrade from 1703 to 1803. Answer was: take a fresh start. After fresh start all the same. My RAM is 8 GB , so do I need for all those...
  8. computer fails to boot after win 10 update.

computer fails to boot after win 10 update.: 1 I'm posting this from my Notebook, not the device that I'm having problems with. 2. Im a really ol'fart, so please make your answers really, really simple. 3. My Desktop PC was upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10 (free) 4. My Desktop PC runs 24/7. and is set to update...
  9. FAILED UPDATE ON NEW COMPUTER

FAILED UPDATE ON NEW COMPUTER: UPDATEING NEW DESKTOP COMPUTER, UPDATED EVERTHING EXCEPT THIS ONE - FAILED UPDATE. 2018-10 COMULATIVE UPDATE FOR WINDOWS 10 VERSION 1703 FOR X64 BASED SYSTEMS KB4462039. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO UPDATE....
  10. Win 7 Computer - Win 10 update down load Fails?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 7 Computer - Win 10 update down load Fails?: Folks, On my Win 7 Lenovo laptop the Win 10 update download has failed three times in the last two days. a few weeks ago I removed MS Security Essentials because it was having updating problems and replaced it with Eset Node 32 A/V. I am also using Spy-Bot S/D and Malware...