Windows 10: New context menu - missing new excel worksheet?

Discus and support New context menu - missing new excel worksheet? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, after upgrading to new version of office (from 2013 to 2016) i have no new excel worksheet in new(folder) of context menu. Could please somebody... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Sol, Nov 19, 2015.

1. SOL
    Sol Win User

New context menu - missing new excel worksheet?

Hi, after upgrading to new version of office (from 2013 to 2016) i have no new excel worksheet in new(folder) of context menu. Could please somebody help me out on this?

I followed Shaun s tutorial for removing and reinstating New context menu https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/add-or-remove-new-context-menu-in-windows-10.6975/

I have also noticed that some programs report that i have more items in the new context menu than i really have! Is this normal?
    Here are the pictures to prove that:
    New context menu - missing new excel worksheet? [​IMG]

Thanks for the time, .

:)

2. i no longer have the option New in right click so cannot create new folders

I asked Google for you like so:

new option missing from context menu

and it pointed me immediately to this detailed guide:

Restore missing NEW context menu item in Explorer

Frederik Long, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 19, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Sol, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Yeah, that tutorial will only restore the default New context menu items.

The .reg file below should restore the Microsoft Excel Worksheet New context menu item for Office 2016.

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.xlsx\Excel.Sheet.12\ShellNew] "FileName"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Office\\Root\\VFS\\Windows\\ShellNew\\excel12.xlsx"[/quote]
    New_Microsoft_Excel_Worksheet.reg

Brink, Nov 19, 2015
  5. SOL
    Sol Win User
    New_Microsoft_Excel_Worksheet.reg[/quote] Thanks for the answer, but still the same problem... I have office x64 installation so have changed to C:\\Program Files\M...
    but to no avail...
    I didn't tell i also tried quick, full repair and installing again from scratch but nothing!?

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 20, 2015
  7. SOL
    Sol Win User
    OK i ved it! Using right click enhancer program i noticed that the .xlsx key was missing! (but in the regedit he was still present!) i deleted the .xlsx key from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and than repaired office installation. Everything works fine now*Smile

Shaun thanks for the time and inspiration, regards !

8. New context menu - missing new excel worksheet?

Sol,
    To confirm, I had exactly the same problem and your solution worked for me as well.

• delete .xlsx registry key completely (after backing it up by exporting)
    • Repair Office 2016 from the "Uninstall or change a program"

Thanks because that has been annoying me for a while now.

jcrawfor74, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New context menu - missing new excel worksheet? - Similar Threads - context menu missing

2. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  3. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  4. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  5. New context menu at desktop missing options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New context menu at desktop missing options: right click desktop context menu New is missing options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-context-menu-at-desktop-missing-options/962bad6a-a3b9-4c2a-bef3-2517df5b7e8e
  6. New context menu at desktop missing options

New context menu at desktop missing options: right click desktop context menu New is missing options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-context-menu-at-desktop-missing-options/962bad6a-a3b9-4c2a-bef3-2517df5b7e8e
  7. New context menu at desktop missing options

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu: I am using the latest updated version of Windows 10 x64 Home OEM 21H2, and the "New Contact" item has vanished from the context menu. The only way I can create a new contact is to copy an existing one, rename it, and edit it appropriately. How can I remedy this situation?...
  9. "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu

"New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu: I am using the latest updated version of Windows 10 x64 Home OEM 21H2, and the "New Contact" item has vanished from the context menu. The only way I can create a new contact is to copy an existing one, rename it, and edit it appropriately. How can I remedy this situation?...
  10. Adding excel in new context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding excel in new context menu: Hi, I'm trying to add excel program in the "new" context menu. [img] I went to regedit (ShellNew) : [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT]; .xlsx [img] I added "NullFile" key and put it to '1' as proposed in several procedures on the net. I restarted my computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing new excel in context menu