Windows 10: New Dell Ultrascan 2717D doesn't "wake" after timeout LenovoW530/dock

Discus and support New Dell Ultrascan 2717D doesn't "wake" after timeout LenovoW530/dock in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro 64, FCU/most recent updates Lenovo W530, most system updates installed nVidia OEM graphics update for Quadro K2000M Had a dell 24 inch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by WizardOfBoz, Dec 17, 2017.

1. New Dell Ultrascan 2717D doesn't "wake" after timeout LenovoW530/dock

Win 10 Pro 64, FCU/most recent updates
    Lenovo W530, most system updates installed
    nVidia OEM graphics update for Quadro K2000M

Had a dell 24 inch LED screen using HDMI from Lenovo docking station. After timeout, a keystroke or mouse wiggle would wake both screens (W530 built-in, plus the Dell external screen). Screen mode is "Extend" with the (external) Dell monitor as primary.

Changed to Dell U2717D monitor connected to the dock via mini-DisplayPort. Same "extend screen" mode. Works very well, but doesn't wake after the system times out. The built-in screen does wake. If I power-cycle the 2717 with the w530 screen on, the 2717 wakes and works fine. I'd like both screens to wake up when I hit a key or move the mouse. Alternately, I'd like a keystroke (or a program I can leave an icon shortcut for on my W530 screen) that will force the new screen to turn on.

So the difference is either the interface (HDMI vs mDP) or the monitor itself (older Dell 24 inch LED, or new 2717).

:)

WizardOfBoz, Dec 17, 2017
  2. CKirb Win User

BugCheck PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (14f) - PdcpMonitorOnWatchdogWorker

I'm having the exact same issue on the exact same Surface Laptop with Surface Dock. It's been happening since Nov 6th, 2017. Have you been able to resolve this issue? My co-worker has also been having the same (or very similar) issue for about the same amount
    of time, but he's on a Dell Latitude with a dock.

CKirb, Dec 17, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Dec 17, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

New Dell Ultrascan 2717D doesn't "wake" after timeout LenovoW530/dock

HDMI is always a issue because of handshake. Get a DVI-B pigtail adapter for HDMI and then just plug the pigtail into the flatscreen and use DVI-B from pigtail to docking station.

bro67, Dec 18, 2017
  5. My bad: the old setup was DVI, not HDMI. So I had a DVI to monitor system that worked with the old monitor. Now I have a mini Displayport setup that doesn't work as well. Sorry for the brain fart.

WizardOfBoz, Dec 18, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Try the pigtail if the flatscreen does not have DVI. Displayport also is a crapshoot, which actually with HDMI just makes the picture look like crap.

bro67, Dec 18, 2017
  7. The outputs from the dock are DVI and Displayport. The inputs to the flatscreen are hdmi and both normal and mini-displayport. Are you suggesting an DVI to hdmi pigtail?

WizardOfBoz, Dec 18, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

Display Port and HDMI are always a crapshoot. DVI is going to be your best output. I would go with the DVI to HDMI pigtail, which I have used with a Raspberry PI to a 21" LCD that I have. I have never had a issue with bad handshake or no picture when waking up. Even with the Lenovo I have, no issues.

bro67, Dec 19, 2017
  9. So I'm hearing that using a DVI to hdmi adapter (for example, this one) an an hdmi cable will work better than the current Displayport to mini-displayport cable. If so, I'll give this a try.

New Dell Ultrascan 2717D doesn't "wake" after timeout LenovoW530/dock [​IMG]

On edit: Actually, I ended up buying a 10 foot cable from cmple.com (will report back). About 7 bucks, including postage. It looks like this:

New Dell Ultrascan 2717D doesn't "wake" after timeout LenovoW530/dock [​IMG]

WizardOfBoz, Dec 19, 2017
  10. fireberd Win User
    I have a Dell, SE2717HR, which has HDMI and VGA. I'm running HDMI directly from the motherboard (Intel i7 6700K, Intel HD Graphics 530). I've had this monitor a little over a month and no connection problems.

The others are most likely right, the problem is not the monitor.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New Dell Ultrascan 2717D doesn't "wake" after timeout LenovoW530/dock - Similar Threads - Dell Ultrascan 2717D

2. Dell dock's ethernet shows no connection after Windows 11 22h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell dock's ethernet shows no connection after Windows 11 22h2: I installed the 22H2 update this morning, after installation the ethernet port on the dock shows no connection. I had this once before installing an older driver fixed the problem. I have installed all three previous drivers for the ethernet interface and no change. I can...
  3. Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects: I have an issue with a XPS 17 9700 DELL laptop connected to a DELL WD19TB Thunderbolt dock. I've got a few USB devices keyboard, mouse, headset, and external drive, Ethernet, and two external monitors connected to the dock. All Windows, DELL, and Intell updates are installed....
  4. Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects: I have an issue with a XPS 17 9700 DELL laptop connected to a DELL WD19TB Thunderbolt dock. I've got a few USB devices keyboard, mouse, headset, and external drive, Ethernet, and two external monitors connected to the dock. All Windows, DELL, and Intell updates are installed....
  5. Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout.: Hello, I have a HP Pavillion Laptop 15-cc1xx running win 10 64 bit version 2004, my laptop when left idle turns the screen of after 5 mins as per the setting, but doesn't turn back ononly power LED is on continuously and I hear small sound of fan running I guess or it might...
  6. Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock: Greetings I am having difficulty with Windows 10 not recognizing my thunderbolt dock from a cold start. Here are the hardware/OS details: XPS 9550 TB16 Thunderbolt Dock Windows 10 Pro 1903 18362.388 I have 2 Windows 10 installations. An OEM that came with the machine and a...
  7. Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock: Greetings I am having difficulty with Windows 10 not recognizing my thunderbolt dock from a cold start. Here are the hardware/OS details: XPS 9550 TB16 Thunderbolt Dock Windows 10 Pro 1903 18362.388 I have 2 Windows 10 installations. An OEM that came with the machine and a...
  8. Dell thunder bolt dock

Dell thunder bolt dock: a dell thunderbolt dock is connecting to my laptop and when it does my number 4 key is being cliclked without me touching it and whn I press the number lock the left arrow is pressed making it extremely hard to type or watch youtube Moved to appropriate category....
  9. Dell thunder bolt dock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dell thunder bolt dock: a dell thunderbolt dock is connecting to my laptop and when it does my number 4 key is being cliclked without me touching it and whn I press the number lock the left arrow is pressed making it extremely hard to type or watch youtube...
  10. Dell Thunderbolt Dock

Dell Thunderbolt Dock: I recently purchased a Dell Thunderbolt dock for my Precision 3520. I hooked up my Logitech universal receiver to the Thunderbolt dock. The mouse and keyboard have significant lags (the keyboard repeats itself periodically). As soon as I move the receiver back to the laptop,...