Windows 10: New Desktop Build - Windows Crashes Upon Exiting Sleep Mode

Discus and support New Desktop Build - Windows Crashes Upon Exiting Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I just finished this build Friday and everything seems to be working great while running. My only issue is that I can't get it to wake from sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pearlbrian, Feb 27, 2016.

1. New Desktop Build - Windows Crashes Upon Exiting Sleep Mode

So I just finished this build Friday and everything seems to be working great while running. My only issue is that I can't get it to wake from sleep mode correctly.

Pressing a key on the keyboard/mouse seems to initiate wake but the screen never comes on (backlight on the keyboard does). The system appears to crash and just shuts down. When I turn it back on everything is working fine.

This happens every single time out of sleep mode. It doesn't matter if the system initiates sleep mode through the power settings timers or if I initiate sleep through the power menu.

Thoughts?

Link to guts: Intel Core i5-6600K, PowerColor Radeon R9 390, NZXT H440 (Black/Red) - System Build - PCPartPicker

Notes:
    *Hibernate and Hybrid Sleep are both turned off.
    * Latest BIOS update applied.
    * On newest version of GPU driver.
    * Tried "clean boot" with all but MS applications disabled/not running, issue persists.

:)

pearlbrian, Feb 27, 2016
  2. Bonniebou Win User

Computer restarting

I have a desktop computer and when finished I put it into the sleep mode. Upon returning lately, the computer has restarted so I have to sign in anew. How can I stop this from restarting? This is a fairly new problem. I am running Windows 10. thank
    you.

Bonniebou, Feb 27, 2016
  3. screen after sleep

On Windows 10 and Google Chrome, there is a recent change. Due to the upgrades a few days ago?

After going into sleep mode, upon awakening what always appears now, but not before, is the log in

screen and a new input of the password is required.

Could this be avoided, so that the Windows 10 home screen comes up again?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop.

RaymondGoehring, Feb 27, 2016
Thema:

New Desktop Build - Windows Crashes Upon Exiting Sleep Mode

1. New Desktop Build - Windows Crashes Upon Exiting Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Desktop Build Crashes

2. My desktop PC crashes upon waking from sleep mode with the error code of:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop PC crashes upon waking from sleep mode with the error code of:...: I've experienced random crashes even I tried to wake my desktop PC up. Could you help me on how to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-pc-crashes-upon-waking-from-sleep-mode/b30ff5c1-9b70-4159-b6b1-7ac6465dce3a
  3. My desktop PC crashes upon waking from sleep mode with the error code of:...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My desktop PC crashes upon waking from sleep mode with the error code of:...: I've experienced random crashes even I tried to wake my desktop PC up. Could you help me on how to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-pc-crashes-upon-waking-from-sleep-mode/b30ff5c1-9b70-4159-b6b1-7ac6465dce3a
  4. My desktop PC crashes upon waking from sleep mode with the error code of:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. *FIXED* New desktop build works great EXCEPT crashes everytime when entering sleep mode!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    *FIXED* New desktop build works great EXCEPT crashes everytime when entering sleep mode!: ***ISSUE FIXED*** After narrowing down the offending startup item via process of elimination, the issue is with Realtek Audio Universal Service. This service is required to use the fancy "Realtek Audio Console", but audio still works just fine with this process disabled,...
  6. New desktop build works great EXCEPT crashes everytime when entering sleep mode!

New desktop build works great EXCEPT crashes everytime when entering sleep mode!: Greetings, PC Specs are below, just built this system. Everything is working perfectly, except for one annoying problem.Everytime I allow the PC to enter sleep or hybrid sleep, it ends up crashing and rebooting, or I'll get a no signal error on the monitor. As long as I...
  7. New Windows update closes programs upon returning from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Windows update closes programs upon returning from sleep mode: Yet another problem with the new Windows update (1903). Often, when it returns from sleep mode, it closes several of my programs or apps. Sometimes it does this, sometimes it doesn't....
  8. Error upon exiting sleep mode

Error upon exiting sleep mode: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga running Windows 10 Every time I re-awake my laptop from sleep mode, I get the following error message: “:( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some info, and then we’ll restart for you. If you would like to...
  9. BSOD upon ENTERING sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD upon ENTERING sleep mode: Hi, I have an Acer Laptop that was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (Please see system info below). I had some problems with (seemingly) random restarts before but that seemed to have resolved itself But since yesterday, the Laptop gives me a BSOD whenever it tries...
  10. Resolution Resetting upon Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution Resetting upon Sleep Mode: Hey there! I am using my Insignia TV as my monitor off my HP ProDesk Mini with a DisplayPort->HDMI cable. The default and recommended HP display setting is 1920*1080. However that display is stretched beyond the screen and the font is blurry, etc. The only solution I have...