Windows 10: New Desktop

Discus and support New Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ready to power up new desktop (HP Pavilion 550-a114) Windows 10 pre installed. Reason for new PC between is lost passwords, Administrator, Local, alias... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CleverDjeida, May 28, 2016.

1. New Desktop

Ready to power up new desktop (HP Pavilion 550-a114) Windows 10 pre installed. Reason for new PC between is lost passwords, Administrator, Local, alias accounts, managing accounts, Microsoft Account signin, etc. Think that have my back-up service also confused as an Administrator prevents me from getting older User account files.
    I just want to register product, name it if I have to and go on from there.

SO:

1. I have no need to connect with other computers, printers or whatever. This is only computer in home. Most I would do is watch Netflix on TV in other room. Do I really have to get a Microsoft Administer Account and then create a Local Account?

:)

CleverDjeida, May 28, 2016

2. new desktop

i hope yes

VXkiller85, May 28, 2016
  3. new desktop

ha i have a photo and its welcoming like windows 10 can you make this the main desktop back ground plz i work a lot on it and it fits the desktop

New Desktop [​IMG]

VXkiller85, May 28, 2016
  4. Rocky Win User

New Desktop

That sounds like a good plan except it also sounds like a big hassle just because you lost your password.

Rocky, May 28, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    You do not need to create a Microsoft account first. The first account I always create is a local account because I like to decide what the name of my user folder is.

NavyLCDR, May 29, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    I like the idea. The next time I get the urge to buy a new computer I'll tell my wife I have to because I lost my password. *Smile

Winuser, May 29, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    I tried that. I didn't work.

simrick, May 29, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

New Desktop

New Desktop [​IMG]

simrick, May 29, 2016
  9. Sounds good. I will try that. Do you know if local account can be ANY name, or one I may be already been using.?

CleverDjeida, May 30, 2016
  10. simrick Win User
    It can be pretty much any name, but it can't be a duplicate of an existing account on the system. If you have an MS account of myusername@hotmail.com, you can make a local account of myusername and they will be two different accounts.

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

New Desktop

1. New Desktop - Similar Threads - Desktop

2. I cannot set different wallpaper for my desktops in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot set different wallpaper for my desktops in windows 11.: I want to set different background for all the desktops that are open in my windows but changing the background of one is resulting in change of background of all the desktops.Also the "right click" method on the picture is not working as it is not applying.Please help me...
  3. I cannot set different wallpaper for my desktops in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot set different wallpaper for my desktops in windows 11.: I want to set different background for all the desktops that are open in my windows but changing the background of one is resulting in change of background of all the desktops.Also the "right click" method on the picture is not working as it is not applying.Please help me...
  4. Onedrive Desktop Help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Desktop Help: So my Onedrive is telling me that I'm using up too much data 6GB out of 5GB and my desktop is apparently synced onto there, and that's what's taking up 6 GB. I attempted to un-sync the desktop from settings, but it did nothing except now most if not all of my desktop files...
  5. Onedrive Desktop Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Desktop Help: So my Onedrive is telling me that I'm using up too much data 6GB out of 5GB and my desktop is apparently synced onto there, and that's what's taking up 6 GB. I attempted to un-sync the desktop from settings, but it did nothing except now most if not all of my desktop files...
  6. Onedrive Desktop Help

7. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.: The icon on my laptop and browser keep refreshing without me issuing any command. Should i do to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-desktop-and-browse-keep-refreshing/a5dc16cb-2314-443a-9b27-e95bdb8c1755
  8. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.: The icon on my laptop and browser keep refreshing without me issuing any command. Should i do to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-desktop-and-browse-keep-refreshing/a5dc16cb-2314-443a-9b27-e95bdb8c1755
  9. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading

Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading: I logged in to my old laptop to recover some files and it was a bit slow to even start and just for a note i have not used it in about 8 months. After i had logged in there was a message on my desktop letting me know about a new windows update. I had tried clicking on it and...