Windows 10: New disfunctional URL and interface for youtube, w/ Win. 10 & Chrome

Discus and support New disfunctional URL and interface for youtube, w/ Win. 10 & Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've been using Chrome with Windows 10 for many months, always update promptly, etc., no problems. Suddenly when i go to youtube -- using Your browser... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by joninbc, Jan 17, 2017.

1. joninbc Win User

New disfunctional URL and interface for youtube, w/ Win. 10 & Chrome

I've been using Chrome with Windows 10 for many months, always update promptly, etc., no problems. Suddenly when i go to youtube -- using Your browser is deprecated. Please upgrade.
    - YouTube
    -- i get redirected to Your browser is deprecated. Please upgrade.
    - YouTube
    , and the interface looks like what you see below. And none of the links work. Neither refreshing or rebooting helps. I'm not usually logged into google but the problem persists even when logged in. I use an Acer Aspire S7-392 laptop. Ideas?

Hey, i'm not sure what's going on with this post! Up there i see -- twice -- "your browser is deprecated. Please upgrade - YouTube." That is NOT what posted! The first link is supposed to read -- i'll throw in a couple of unnecessary spaces so it doesn't convert again -- https: // www. youtube. com. The second should say https: // m.youtube.com. I'm not sure why these two URLs keep getting replaced with that phrase! I just checked and Chrome is up to date.

New disfunctional URL and interface for youtube, w/ Win. 10 & Chrome [​IMG]

:)

joninbc, Jan 17, 2017
  2. TerryRRP Win User

Cannot download videos from youtube using Micorsoft Edge browser Windows 10.

Original Title - no video download using WIN 10

Cannot download videos from youtube using WIN 10 w/Edge browser. Can with IE 11 & Mozilla.

TerryRRP, Jan 17, 2017
  3. Windows 10 PC with Family Safety Enabled Won't Block Youtube

I am also having this problem. Has it been resolved? The response above, does not solve the problem.

My child logs into her Win 8.1 PC, Youtube is blocked, as it should be. Then she logs into her new Win 10 PC with the same user name & Youtube is fully accessible on Chrome.

I have added it, removed it, re-added it. No change is made.

Please fix this!

Thank you!

MS User_1234, Jan 17, 2017
  4. New disfunctional URL and interface for youtube, w/ Win. 10 & Chrome

Welcome to the TenForums @joninbc

First when you post a URL the system checks the site and if it finds a title for link it puts it into posting rather than URL. The interesting ones are when it says "Accessed Denied" which can be concerning.

Can't tell what extensions you have installed in Chrome, for a test disable all.

Have you tried clearing all stored browser information, cache, history, cookies. (Found in advance settings)

If this doesn't work at bottom of advance there is a reset.

Caledon Ken, Jan 17, 2017
  5. joninbc Win User
    Thanks Ken. The only extension i have is adblock. I tried disabling adblock for the site but it doesn't help. Also deleted caches, cookies, etc. Still no go. Weird. It just started suddenly a couple of days ago when nothing new had been updated or installed.

joninbc, Jan 18, 2017
  6. bra10n Win User
    It looks like you've opened the mobile version of you tube. Is that what you intended?

bra10n, Jan 18, 2017
  7. joninbc Win User
    No! I'm probably one of the few people on earth consciously without a smartphone. I didn't want mobile. Is there a way to get back to a PC version?

joninbc, Jan 18, 2017
  8. joninbc Win User

Hey, thanks!!!!! I just scrolled down to the bottom of the youtube page and sure enough -- i was in mobile. And there was a link to click for desktop, which i clicked and now all is well. Thanks so much bra10n!

joninbc, Jan 18, 2017
  9. bra10n Win User
    Good news...
    please mark as solved.

bra10n, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New disfunctional URL and interface for youtube, w/ Win. 10 & Chrome - Similar Threads - disfunctional URL interface

2. Install Win 10 on a new system w/o DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Win 10 on a new system w/o DVD: I have a bit of a screw up that I'm trying to resolve. I'm remotely trying to help my grandson build a PC (remote due to COVID). He has ordered all the components including a Win 10 64 Home DVD. Now that we are getting into the detail, I see that the PC case he has ordered...
  3. AFTER UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 TO WIN 10--TOTAL DISFUNCTION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AFTER UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 TO WIN 10--TOTAL DISFUNCTION: Hello Community: Today I upgraded my HP Desktop circa 2011 from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. I used the Microsoft Media Creation tool. My PC totally met the qualifications, had a valid license etc. I followed the instructions to the letter. At the end of the update, everything...
  4. New Lenovo W\ Win 10; Privacy Concerns

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Lenovo W\ Win 10; Privacy Concerns: Hey everyone, I just ordered a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Home 64. Now I've been using a locked down \ modded version of 7 Home 64 for years. Now the reason I say locked down \ modded, is because a round of updates from years before were considered to be a bit...
  5. Youtube on Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Youtube on Chrome: Whenever I fullscreen a video youtube, the scrolling bar and title of the video fades halfway (so that I can still see it on the screen) as opposed to disappearing after a few seconds. Any tips?...
  6. No Sound & Youtube Lags w/ No Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound & Youtube Lags w/ No Sound: This morning everything was fine then after a while I lost all audio and got muted laggy playback on YouTube. I'm using Windows 10 Home 10.0.17134. My speaker is an Amazon Basics BSK20 Bluetooth unit. I was playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider when the sound cut out. The volume...
  7. Google is testing a new interface for single tab in Chrome browser

in Windows 10 News
    Google is testing a new interface for single tab in Chrome browser: Being the most popular web browser with almost 60% market share, Google Chrome is already way ahead of the rivals. But that doesn’t stop Google from experimenting with new features to improve the user experience. Google is testing a new design for Chrome when a single tab is...
  8. Google Chrome will get new interface with material design

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will get new interface with material design: Google has been testing a material design interface on Chrome for quite some time now. These changes are seen in the Google Chrome Canary branch. The changes in the UI are more than just aesthetic improvements. Material UI design would ensure a more user-friendly interface....
  9. Youtube URL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Youtube URL: Plotting a routing table... Can anyone do a traceroute to YouTube and tell me what the URL is that is displayed as the first output of the traceroute? The words after 'Tracing route to'. Multiple responses from multiple posters would be useful. 112667
  10. Youtube video problems in chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube video problems in chrome: After i upgraded to windows 10 youtube videos sometimes do not load when the page loads. I usually have to refresh the page twice to get it to work. 13321