Windows 10: New double blue arrows for shortcut overlay?

Discus and support New double blue arrows for shortcut overlay? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My shortcuts all have a new double blue arrow overlay since upgrading to Windows 10565. None of my older fixes (reg edits, etc) seem to work getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kkorotev, Oct 12, 2015.

1. kkorotev Win User

New double blue arrows for shortcut overlay?

My shortcuts all have a new double blue arrow overlay since upgrading to Windows 10565. None of my older fixes (reg edits, etc) seem to work getting rid of this new visual change.
    Any Ideas

Kevin

:)

kkorotev, Oct 12, 2015
  2. Bruce Hagen, Oct 12, 2015
  3. Desktop Arrow Symbols

Hello Dave,

The OP is referring to the double blue arrows at the top right of the icons instead of the shortcut arrow overlay at the bottom left of the icon.

The double blue arrows do indeed indicate it is compressed.

Shawn Brink, Oct 12, 2015
  4. New double blue arrows for shortcut overlay?

Reflections, Oct 12, 2015
  5. kkorotev Win User
    That's one of the tweakers I tried. It doesn't work with this build of Windows 10...or should I say, it doesn't work for me. It is, afterall, over 2 years from its last upgrade.

kkorotev, Oct 12, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Works here on Build 10565.

New double blue arrows for shortcut overlay? [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 12, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 12, 2015
  8. kkorotev Win User

BRINK,
    Here is how they look. The unique icons are from me, the double arrow overlay just appeared last night after the upgrade to 10565.
    I tried your reg. edits 1st thing today...to no avail.

kkorotev, Oct 12, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Those don't appear to be for indicating that they are shortcuts.

Instead, it seems to be from some program to indicate that the file/folder has been synced, scanned, or whatever.

Brink, Oct 12, 2015
  10. kkorotev Win User
    Brink,
    The second image (large icons) is of some of my quick link shortcuts once I open File Explorer. The top is of the navigation pane folder display.
    Sorry for the confusion.
    The double arrow overlay does NOT occur on the Start Page shortcuts.

kkorotev, Oct 12, 2015
  11. kkorotev Win User
    Edwin,
    Please scroll down this thread. I was unclear. The double blue arrows do NOT appear on the Start Screen.

kkorotev, Oct 12, 2015
  12. Edwin New Member
    Did you use a 3rd party application for the unique icons?

Edwin, Oct 12, 2015
  13. kkorotev Win User

Yes. But they were "Overlay-less" (no arrows) in every Win10 build until today...using reg edits and/or the program you suggested (which HAS worked for the last couple years). Make sense?

Also, this is the first time ANY overlay has shown itself in the navigator pane.

Are you using this newest build and NOT seeing these arrows?

kkorotev, Oct 12, 2015
  14. Edwin New Member
    Your software must have 'hiccuped' because that is imageres.dll icon #226, - 'resizing'

Yes, I'm on Build 10565 with no arrows.

Edwin, Oct 12, 2015
  15. kkorotev Win User
    Thanks, Edwin. That explains it.

kkorotev, Oct 12, 2015
Thema:

1. New double blue arrows for shortcut overlay? - Similar Threads - double blue arrows

2. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.: ISSUE:Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents. I use an enormous number of shortcuts in the filing system I have created for my work, and I constantly need to have Dropbox on coordinate with my staff. Sometimes I resort to...
  3. Double blue arrow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double blue arrow: why i cant get of this double arrow ? i already use the properties way . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-blue-arrow/e1e4ff28-6961-4cf3-a0b4-979c6a05eca0
  4. Double blue arrow

Double blue arrow: why i cant get of this double arrow ? i already use the properties way . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-blue-arrow/e1e4ff28-6961-4cf3-a0b4-979c6a05eca0
  5. Double blue arrow

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Double Arrows . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double Arrows . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.This issue, might seem trivial. But it does, bother me.If you look, at the picture. You'll see, the double arrows. In front, of each picture?I'm not sure, what I loaded. Or, did. To 'cause these arrows to start.Is there, any...
  7. Double Arrows . . .

Double Arrows . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.This issue, might seem trivial. But it does, bother me.If you look, at the picture. You'll see, the double arrows. In front, of each picture?I'm not sure, what I loaded. Or, did. To 'cause these arrows to start.Is there, any...
  8. Double Arrows . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. SOME shortcut overlay arrows missing on SOME machines

in Windows 10 Support
    SOME shortcut overlay arrows missing on SOME machines: Hi there, I am hoping someone can help with a rather puzzling problem: On one of my machines, the shortcut overlay arrows are missing for Internet Shortcuts and for shortcuts to batch files on a network drive. Shortcut overlay arrows appear properly on shortcut icons for...
  10. Double blue arrows overlaying every folders and files after win 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Double blue arrows overlaying every folders and files after win 10.: [img] [img] Hi malim, Ix07 and Ztruker I would deeply appreciate if you could kindly help me with almost similar issues (see attached-pic). Follow yours with no luck. Please direct me a bit details how to get rid of those double blue arrow overlaying folders and each...