Windows 10: New(er) Wiin10 Desktop - Cannot connect to my DSL

Discus and support New(er) Wiin10 Desktop - Cannot connect to my DSL in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We were given an Acer AXC-115 by my wife's sister. She has DSL and so do we. However, I have been unable to access the Internet since I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RVC, Nov 26, 2016.

1. RVC
    RVC Win User

New(er) Wiin10 Desktop - Cannot connect to my DSL

We were given an Acer AXC-115 by my wife's sister. She has DSL and so do we. However, I have been unable to access the Internet since I have been working with it this afternoon. The results from running the Windows troubleshooter tell me that "Ethernet" has an invalid IP address yet, the troubleshooter cannot resolve it. Additionally, I disabled/enabled the adapter to see if this would help and it did not. Our other computers work on LAN as normal.

What else do you need to know regarding the adapter configuration or related settings to assist me with solving this issue? Please let me know.

:)

2. N95 Wifi Connection Problem "No gateway"

I am having a dsl broad band internet connection. It is connected to my desktop computer. I bought a new usb wireless (alpha). I would like to connect n95 to the internet through the wireless which is coonected to my desktop.

Thanks in advance

yogishnath, Nov 26, 2016
  3. Downloading Windows 10 with satellite internet

I have only satellite internet. My computer is a desktop and therefore cannot be taken to some place where I can use DSL or another hardwired internet connection. I have had problems in the past downloading large programs such as this. The transmission
    is very slow and subject to breaks. Can anyone tell me how to deal with this in order to get Windows 10? (My hardware is all very new and I have Windows 8.1. It's only the download via satellite that is the problem.)

TooOldtoTech, Nov 26, 2016
  4. RVC
    RVC Win User

Continued reading here suggested these threads might contain some useful reference information:

1) Ethernet and wifi both have error 'invalid IP configuration' - Windows 10 Forums

2) Unidentified network - No Internet access - Windows 10 Forums

3) Network Adapters - Cleanup and Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

I began collecting information regarding this Acer and here is how it is configured:

Win10 Home, v1607.

Additionally, I decided to change the OS password and PC name (for no particular reason) and was told renaming the PC would take effect after I restarted the Acer. Afterward, the OS login name had not changed as I desired (unless my understanding of what I changed was incorrect...I will attempt to verify this to myself later) yet the password change had taken effect.

Immediately after the OS password was accepted a full-height blue notification bar at the right edge of the LCD popped up. It was titled "Network 5" yet, I do not know why. The context of this dialog was essentially that Win10 thought it best for this new Acer be identifiable on our home network to other computers on the network. I pressed the software control for "Yes" and had Internet access.

I immediately updated Defender and am currently updating Win10.

5. Neemobeer Win User
    Neemobeer, Nov 26, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    She per chance did not install anything for "Internet Security". The only thing that software does is give you migraines. Also if you show Public connection to your network not Private, that is another simple headache to check.

bro67, Nov 27, 2016
  7. RVC
    RVC Win User
    Sorry for my delay in responding. Holiday preparations have taken over our household already...

I chose to attach the results of executing the network batchfile. Please let me know if I should have copied/pasted them directly.

8. Neemobeer Win User

You do have an invalid entry, but it shouldn't really cause an issue. You can delete it from an elevated command prompt with
    arp -d 192.168.1.146

Other than that from the log it does look like you are able to connect to sites like google. I did notice my dns tests are not writing to the log so I'll need to fix that.

In the command prompt try a couple dns tests and report the results
    nslookup water.com
    nslookup purple.com

Neemobeer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New(er) Wiin10 Desktop - Cannot connect to my DSL - Similar Threads - Wiin10 Desktop Cannot

2. Desktop not connecting to new modem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop not connecting to new modem: Hello. I just got a new modem for my home wifi. All my other devices laptop, roku, tablet, phones, etc connect to the wifi without a problem. Our desktop doesn't want to work with the new modem. My network & internet settings say that I'm connected but that there is "no...
  3. New Windows 10 Pro cannot connect with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Windows 10 Pro cannot connect with Remote Desktop: I recently re-installed windows onto a new PC. I've enabled Remote Desktop in the settings but my laptop has not been able to connect. The laptop had no troubles connecting with previous installation. I'm getting logs for remote desktop like this: TCP socket WRITE...
  4. Multiple internet connections DSL, mobile data- twitch. Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple internet connections DSL, mobile data- twitch. Help?: Hello everyone. I need a solution if possible. My main internet provider is DSL line operated (also the company I work for) and its good enough for my needs(gaming, browsing etc..) but not good enough for streaming my online games because DSL is upload limited. I would like...
  5. cannot connect to remote desktop ,

cannot connect to remote desktop ,: I always use remote desktop, today will not work , says my windows 10 needs an upgrade to windows 10 pro ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-remote-desktop/6fd2c790-c0c6-4e88-bd87-bc1046958b07
  6. wired dsl connection shows cable unplugged

wired dsl connection shows cable unplugged: hi I have older version windows 10, had power outage, have netgear(att)modem/router/wireless I can connect laptop to wireless,but not desktop to dsl(cable),somethings missing I have changed settings and am lost here thanks...
  7. Cannot connect to Desktop VPN

Cannot connect to Desktop VPN: Hey, so I recently built a new desktop, and purchased a domain, and set up Dynamic DNS on my said desktop. Desktop is Running Windows 10 - 64Bit. So, to start off: - when I ping my domain from an external location, I do see that the IP Address being pinged is indeed the...
  8. Tablet cannot connect to desktop.

Tablet cannot connect to desktop.: My desktop does not find/recognise a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro S attached by USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-cannot-connect-to-desktop/830b6d42-43ac-470e-ba77-27b70a5a59a1"
  9. Cannot connect with Remote Desktop

Cannot connect with Remote Desktop: After the recent update on Windows 10 pro. I am unable to connect via remote desktop. I have tried both from a PC using the internet external to my router and to the LAN side using my phone app and from another PC on the same LAN. I get the same message: Remote Desktop can't...
  10. Updating a new(er) Win 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating a new(er) Win 10 laptop: I relieved a new Win 10 laptop. Never been out of the box. It seems to work great but it is Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.214) When I go to Settings \ Update & Security, the update status reads that the laptop is at risk because of out of date or missing important security...