Windows 10: New Features of 10586

Discus and support New Features of 10586 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What have you discovered so far besides what is written on release notes? I did an in-place upgrade on one of my PCs to see how it goes and right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by badrobot, Nov 12, 2015.

1. badrobot Win User

New Features of 10586

What have you discovered so far besides what is written on release notes?

I did an in-place upgrade on one of my PCs to see how it goes and right after the installation, the new Compatibility Assistant popped up saying that it removed some of my incompatible apps. Or maybe it was there already before the big day today but I just noticed it today because I always do clean install... haha.

New Features of 10586 [​IMG]

I also just noticed the new Safely Remove icon.

:)

badrobot, Nov 12, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 12, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

New Features of 10586

You can reinstall speccy and cpu-z and they work still.

5. badrobot Win User
    This actually boggles me because Speccy is still there and working.

badrobot, Nov 12, 2015
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    The same happened to me but with CPU-Z 1.73 - I just installed 1.74 and it works fine. I also guess 1.73 would work properly too.

eLPuSHeR, Nov 12, 2015
  7. dwarfer66 Win User
    I had that as well, also with Spybot 1.6, just reinstalled it.

dwarfer66, Nov 12, 2015
  8. bro67 Win User

New Features of 10586

The Compatibility Wizard did the same thing with 7. Really all that it is doing, is pulling software that Microsoft has not received a bribe to let it run on their OS. Same Microsoft tricks, just a different twist.

The assistant was just shut down in 10240 when it went RTM. They just turned it back on, because of issues that the coders for Microsoft have had with 10586 not playing well with others.

The more that Microsoft screws with 10. The more that people will continue to keep fighting back at them.

bro67, Nov 12, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Nov 12, 2015
  10. bro67 Win User
    It is not even a 10 issue. It goes back to Windows 7. It was a PITA then. It is a PITA now.

Basically if the software is not "Signed" by Microsoft. They want it off of their OS. They did the dirty trick with DOS, that if someone tried to install VisiCalc, because Gates wanted to sell MultiPlan software at the time. That only lasted long enough for them to get their greedy little hands on the competition, just like they have done through history.

bro67, Nov 12, 2015
  11. badrobot Win User
    Comp Assist removed CPU-Z 1.74 from my system.

badrobot, Nov 13, 2015
  12. CPU-Z works fine here.

MikeMecanic, Nov 13, 2015
  13. badrobot Win User

New Features of 10586

I can try installing it again. Maybe it will work again.

badrobot, Nov 13, 2015
  14. Dude Win User
    Like I said in my last post, I reinstalled both speccy and cpu-z 1.74 and they work for me.

15. Ztruker Win User
    Install also remove 8Gadgets, the Windows 7 Gadgets for Windows 8 that worked, and still works on Win 10 th2 after I reinstalled it.

Ztruker, Nov 13, 2015
Thema:

New Features of 10586

1. New Features of 10586 - Similar Threads - Features 10586

2. I lost features like snap windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost features like snap windows: I have lost features like snap windows in my Windows because I reset my PC.Now I can't access all those features https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-features-like-snap-windows/6d674d8e-292f-40a4-838b-c6229a20425c
  3. I lost features like snap windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost features like snap windows: I have lost features like snap windows in my Windows because I reset my PC.Now I can't access all those features https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-features-like-snap-windows/6d674d8e-292f-40a4-838b-c6229a20425c
  4. Windows 10’s new feature wants you to create a Microsoft account; ditch local accounts

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new feature wants you to create a Microsoft account; ditch local accounts: If you’ve successfully set up your PC with a local account, a new Windows 10 feature will nag you to create a Microsoft account. This feature will be turned on by default in Windows 10’s May 2024 Patch Tuesday, which will begin rolling out to the general public and IT admins...
  5. What is windows feature experience pack?

What is windows feature experience pack?: I was disabling some background apps in my settings when I noticed one that said “windows feature experience pack” I didn’t think of it much so I disabled it. I’m wondering what it was supposed to do before I disabled it and if it’s an important component to the windows...
  6. What is windows feature experience pack?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is windows feature experience pack?: I was disabling some background apps in my settings when I noticed one that said “windows feature experience pack” I didn’t think of it much so I disabled it. I’m wondering what it was supposed to do before I disabled it and if it’s an important component to the windows...
  7. What is windows feature experience pack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Some features are no longer available on Phone Link after I start using Google Pixel 8 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some features are no longer available on Phone Link after I start using Google Pixel 8 pro: Hello,I used to enjoy some awesome features on Phone Link when I had my old Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. But now after I got a new phone Google Pixel 8 Pro some features are no longer available like:1. Cross-device Copy and Paste.2. Phone Screen Cast.Unfortunately I use these...
  9. Some features are no longer available on Phone Link after I start using Google Pixel 8 pro

Some features are no longer available on Phone Link after I start using Google Pixel 8 pro: Hello,I used to enjoy some awesome features on Phone Link when I had my old Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. But now after I got a new phone Google Pixel 8 Pro some features are no longer available like:1. Cross-device Copy and Paste.2. Phone Screen Cast.Unfortunately I use these...
  10. For Ramesh Srinivasan- i dont have printer management on manage optional features- This is...

For Ramesh Srinivasan- i dont have printer management on manage optional features- This is...: They keep deleting my post, can you give me your email address please?The files scanned by "Crowdstrike", I don't understand why the posts are deleted. I just shared a link from the filetransfer.io website...