Windows 10: New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines?

Discus and support New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hey guys, I just upgraded to the latest version of Firefox Quantum and I've noticed that some videos on Youtube have green lines in them. The audio... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by NiceAndShy, Dec 7, 2017.

1. New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines?

Hey guys,

I just upgraded to the latest version of Firefox Quantum and I've noticed that some videos on Youtube have green lines in them. The audio plays fine, but not the video.

I don't have this problem in Google Chrome.

I just upgraded my Nvidia driver that was released in November 2017.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks!

:)

NiceAndShy, Dec 7, 2017
  2. bleeding Win User

flash player not working in edge

When I go to YouTube and try to play a video I get a green screen! Only with edge.

when I change browser to Firefox it works no problem!

bleeding, Dec 7, 2017
  3. Firefox browser it yes good no??

Firefox browser yes function load video on YouTube no, I need to download some videos on YouTube?

Thao Nguyen998, Dec 7, 2017
  4. BRKKAB Win User

New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines?

I upgraded Firefox to 57.0.2 yesterday, too.
    I just tried 3 different videos on YouTube and they all looked fine and sounded fine.

BRKKAB, Dec 7, 2017
  5. Maybe: Green bar on YouTube and other videos | Firefox Support Forum | Mozilla Support

Not Myself, Dec 7, 2017
  6. BRKKAB Win User
    Try running CCleaners registry scan and also run a full virus scan on your pc.
    Also go into C:\Program Files\Nvider Corporation\Installer2 and delete any older drivers, other than the most recent one from the Nvidia November Drivers.
    I'm pretty sure they're on the December drivers now, too.
    This pc has a AMD card, but my other pc has two GTX 760's in it.
    The current driver is 388.59 just released yesterday.
    Drivers | GeForce

BRKKAB, Dec 7, 2017
  7. I had it on one machine. This was the fix (although not the best thing I wanted to do)

You can try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.

• Options/Preferences -> General: Performance
      remove checkmark: [ ] "Use recommended performance settings"
      "Use hardware acceleration when available"

Bobby Phoenix, Dec 9, 2017
  8. New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines?

Wow, I really appreciate your replies!

I'm about to install the most recent Nvidia driver for my PC.

EDIT:

By doing the following is it possible that I'll be changing the content of the videos I watch on websites?

NiceAndShy, Dec 9, 2017
  9. No. No content will be altered. All that disabling hardware acceleration does is make Firefox use it's own software to power everything. Also note it says "Use hardware acceleration when available". It's not always in use, and you shouldn't notice a difference.

One note maybe check if it happens with no extensions enabled. It may be worth a try. If it doesn't happen then enable extensions one by one to see if/which one causes it.

Here's two links for bug tracking for this. It shows as fixed, but since you're still having the issue maybe add your info to see if someone can help you.

1352016 thick green line on the right and/or bottom of the HTML5 video

1352016 - thick green line on the right and/or bottom of the HTML5 video

Bobby Phoenix, Dec 9, 2017
  10. Since upgrading to the most recent version of Windows 10 Pro one thing I've noticed is that Task Manager displays how much my graphics card is being used.

Firefox seems to use my graphics card almost all the time.

Why is this?

NiceAndShy, Dec 10, 2017
  11. All the time, or just during videos? I only have this thread open in one tab, and my GPU is zero.

New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines? [​IMG]

Bobby Phoenix, Dec 10, 2017
  12. I would say if it's doing it all the time there may be an issue with Firefox itself. The things I would try would be clear all cache/cookies/site preferences, etc under settings. If that doesn't work maybe even try an complete uninstall, and reinstall. If you don't want to do that you can try the portable version of Firefox. You can just install it to your desktop. It won't conflict with your fully installed version. You just can't have both open at the same time. Test the portable one right after install to see what that shows, and see if videos play correctly. If they do then I would say a complete uninstall of Firefox is needed.

Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

https://www.tenforums.com/attachmen...-image.png?s=c1e8b753a573dc6e5ffc1ac8c4009171

Bobby Phoenix, Dec 10, 2017
  13. New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines?

The GPU seems to be in use in Firefox mostly when flash video is playing in Firefox, but it's sometimes in use when videos aren't being played.

When videos aren't being played the GPU is used for only around 1%.

NiceAndShy, Dec 10, 2017
  14. Update:
    For the past 2 weeks I've been running Firefox with "Use hardware acceleration when available" turned off and I haven't had the green lines appear on videos.

However, my CPU now seems to be getting stressed more as CPU usage in Windows Task Manager is much higher... *Sad *Sad *Sad

NiceAndShy, Jan 1, 2018
  15. I have had that turned off for years. It causes crashes unless you have a high end GPU

Josey Wales, Jan 1, 2018
Thema:

New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines?

1. New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines? - Similar Threads - Firefox Quantum Youtube

2. YouTube video preview in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube video preview in Firefox: Hi, is there a Firefox plugin, or a configuration change, to preview YouTube videos while using Bing Search Engine (and hopefully Google Search Engine as well) just like in Internet Explorer? [img] 105287
  3. Firefox Quantum Question

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum Question: I've been trying out the new Firefox browser (version 58), and so far, like it. My question is: when running the browser in private window mode, is that the same security as using a VPN? The reason I ask is because my current VPN service expires in a couple of months, and may...
  4. Firefox 57 Ready Extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 57 Ready Extensions: Just in case you want to know what extensions will work with Firefox 57 as of today the link in below:*tip*BSOD https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...er=54.0&page=2 89428
  5. Firefox Photon Firefox 57

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Photon Firefox 57: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3029098 Mock-up of the changes to Customize mode as part of the upcoming design refresh https://i.imgur.com/ljjlqb4.jpg The first mockup shows Firefox running the Photon user interface, and the about:home page of...
  6. 'return' in YouTube on some videos and in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    'return' in YouTube on some videos and in Firefox: Discovered something weird and also ONLY in Firefox on YouTube, a small sentence 'return' pops up for one second and then it disappears. All my uploaded videos have this awkward problem. But not in Opera or Chrome. Only in Firefox and Edge this small thingy pops up. Not...
  7. Firefox Quantum suspicious activity

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum suspicious activity: Hi. My Firefox browser auto-updated to quantum last night. I am willing to give it a try, even thought it doesn't support the addons I use. My issue is that every time I run FQ my internet security software (ESET) notifies me multiple times about two addresses its blocking....
  8. Firefox 57

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 57: I see that 57 is available. I have a laptop at 55 and a desktop at 56. But I'm unwilling to move up to 57 until I'm clear on one point ... My plugins/extensions all say "compatible with multi-process" ... except for one: ScrapBook X. Will that not work with FF 57 ?...
  9. Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum: It’s fast. Really fast. Firefox Quantum is over twice as fast as Firefox from 6 months ago, built on a completely overhauled core engine with brand new technology stolen from our advanced research group, and graced with a beautiful new look designed to get out of the way and...
  10. Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57: UPDATE 11/14: Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum - Windows 10 Forums ...The message isn’t subtle: Firefox 57, a massive overhaul due November 14, is ready for battle. Its main rival is Google’s Chrome, which accounts for 54 percent of browser usage today as...