Windows 10: New Firmware Update for Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book January 2016

Discus and support New Firmware Update for Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book January 2016 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; January 2016 updates for Surface Pro 4 The following update will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 1/27/2016” when you view your update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New Firmware Update for Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book January 2016

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 update history | Surface firmware updates

Source: Microsoft Surface Book update history | Surface firmware updates

:)

Brink, Jan 27, 2016

2. Bluetooth Speaker Disconnect/Reconnect every 90 seconds - Windows 10

And there was much rejoicing! It seems that this bug is fixed in the 1/27/2016 Firmware update for the Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book. (Presumably, it is also fixed in the Surface3/Surface Pro 3 firmware update that came out a few days earlier.)

It took a while, but thanks for finally fixing this truly annoying and clearly broken behavior!

Now if there were just a way to easily get to the volume and audio source controls from the Action Center...

Dub Dublin, Jan 27, 2016
  3. updates failing with 0x80242fff on Win 10 64bit

To avoid confusion & duplication of effort, please post any/all further follow-up in replies to your own, new thread =>

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-update-error-when-installing-kb3105216/357d0618-43a5-41a5-8707-844039ca6147

======================================

FYI...

You will find appropriate support for updating Surface Book in this new forum =>
    Results in Surface - Microsoft Community

Surface Books weren't available until 23 October (5 days ago) and only firmware updates (and a Flash Player update) have been released since then. See

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/install-update-activate/surface-book-update-history?os=windows-10

Two types of updates keep your Surface performing its best: Surface hardware updates (also known as firmware) and Windows software updates. Both types install automatically as they become available. See

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/performance-and-maintenance/install-software-updates-for-surface?os=windows-10

Also of possible interest:

• User reports of Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 problems proliferate

["Microsoft's new flagship systems, the Surface Book and Surface Pro 4, shipped on Monday accompanied by an out-of-the-box patch. Judging by the volume of cries on support forums, a substantial number of new owners aren't happy..."]

User reports of Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 problems proliferate
      [28 Oct-15]

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jan 27, 2016
  4. PJLLB Win User

I'm seeing a good improvement in battery drain during sleep since the Windows 10 and SP4 firmware updates of 1/27/2016. Battery drain during sleep was running over eight percent per hour, but after the updates it's around one percent, half of which is Cortana. I thought I had disabled her but apparently not, so I'll be researching to get her usage down too. Prior to the updates the Intel Graphics and CPU C0 usages were terrible. They've now vanished.

PJLLB, Jan 27, 2016
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    Also received a firmware update yesterday on my SP3, probably a variant of same.

f14tomcat, Jan 27, 2016
  6. PJLLB Win User
    PJLLB, Jan 27, 2016
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Thanks, I didn't say they were related... just that I got a firmware update also. I hadn't used it in a while.

f14tomcat, Jan 28, 2016
  8. PJLLB Win User

Oh I thought you did when you said "...probably a variant of same..." The change logs for firmware update for the SP3 are very different from those of the SP4, so they are not at a variant.

PJLLB, Jan 28, 2016
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    Ok.... I have to get back to work.

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New Firmware Update for Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book January 2016 - Similar Threads - Firmware Update Surface

2. December updates for your Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    December updates for your Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book devices: We have new driver and firmware updates for Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book devices. Click the headings below to go to the specific location for your device on the Download Center. At the Download Center, click Details then click + More to see all available downloads for...
  3. New Surface 3 Firmware Update for February 2016

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface 3 Firmware Update for February 2016: The following update will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 2/4/2016” when you view your update history. Note: When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will...
  4. Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 April 24th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 April 24th 2017: Today we’ve released updated drivers for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 Creators Update. These include new driver updates for Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller, Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED, and Realtek High...
  5. September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3

in Windows 10 News
    September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3: We have new updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book and Surface 3 devices. Click the links below to go to the specific location for your device on the Download Center. At the Download Center, click Details then click + More to see all available downloads for the device. For...
  6. Microsoft Releases Major Firmware Update for Surface Book, Surface Pro

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases Major Firmware Update for Surface Book, Surface Pro: Microsoft Releases Major Firmware Update for Surface Book, Surface Pro 4 April firmware updates available for the latest Surface [img] Microsoft has just released this month’s firmware updates for the Surface Book and the Surface Pro 4, the company’s latest...
  7. Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017: Today we’ve released updated drivers for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4. These include new driver updates for the Surface System Aggregator, Surface Integration, and the Intel(R) Precise Touch Device on Surface Book with the Windows 10 Creators Update installed, and Surface...
  8. Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 March 7th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 March 7th 2017: We’re happy to announce today that we’ve released updated drivers for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4. These updates include new drivers and firmware for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M, Surface UEFI, Surface NVM Express Controller, Intel(R) Management Engine Interface, Surface...
  9. Download April Updates for Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book

in Windows 10 News
    Download April Updates for Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book: Download April Updates for Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=49498 Surface Book Drivers and Firmware https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=49497
  10. An update on Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book

in Windows 10 News
    An update on Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book: Building devices people love is what drives our team. It’s why we come in to work every morning and it’s what keeps us up at night. And feedback from our customers is really important to the team and to me personally. I read the blogs, I read the comments, I read social...