Windows 10: New Flash zero-day targets Windows, Mac users

Discus and support New Flash zero-day targets Windows, Mac users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Adobe has issued an advisory warning of a previously undiscovered security vulnerability in Flash Player. The company said Monday the zero-day flaw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 1, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

New Flash zero-day targets Windows, Mac users

Source

:)

labeeman, Feb 1, 2015
  2. LCRT Win User

IE10 zero day exploit and mobile browser

If you read it, it says the attack uses flash. There's no flash for windows phone. Nor would it be able to install any software because it probably just targets x86 windows, and the phone runs a different architecture.

Zero worries on the phone, i'd say.

LCRT, Feb 1, 2015
  3. Help with BSODS (Memory Management & IRQL Not Less or Equal) as well as Kernel-Power Event 41

Related to the mbae64.sys protects you from zero-day exploits targeting browser and application vulnerabilities from malwarebytes.org

I would remove it and use the built in defnder

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 1, 2015
  4. Jackalito Win User

Flash, that piece of garbage I'm about to get rid of...

Jackalito, Feb 1, 2015
  5. rvbfan Win User
    Really, the sooner Flash goes away the better. Web sites need to stop using this.

rvbfan, Feb 1, 2015
  6. Jackalito Win User
    I thoroughly agree with you. In fact, I don't have it installed on Win 10 Beta *Smile

Jackalito, Feb 1, 2015
  7. groze Win User
    unfortunately most movies/shows are in flash.

groze, Feb 2, 2015
  8. New Flash zero-day targets Windows, Mac users

Since we are talking about Adobe, have they fixed the exploits in 16.0.0.296? What exploits are in 16.0.0.296? I must have forgot to add the appropriate Smiley. *Redface

It's Adobe.
    The next version is going to be just like all of the previous versions (e.g. "Swiss Cheese"). I had two thoughts on your comment:

1) you were confused about the exploits
    2) you were making a statement about Adobe.

Seems #2 applies. It only took a few days for this version to fail. *Sad

lehnerus2000, Feb 2, 2015
  9. labeeman Win User
    I thoroughly agree with you. In fact, I don't have it installed on Win 10 Beta *Smile If you have IE it is embedded in it so worry.

labeeman, Feb 2, 2015
  10. groze Win User
    I thoroughly agree with you. In fact, I don't have it installed on Win 10 Beta *Smile If you have IE it is embedded in it so worry. See if I am correct on these assumptions.

I.E. embedded flash is not sandbox
    Opera flash may or may not be sandboxed, Opera is based on chromium.
    Chromium on Linux may or may not be sandboxed, if you installed pepper flash it is most likely sandboxed,.
    Google Chrome in windows & mac has flash sandboxed.

I assume it is still save to watch flash if using Google or Chromium as long as it is sandboxed.

groze, Feb 2, 2015
  11. Remove all Flash, Shockwave, and Java and your internet experience will be down to nil.

So the best thing to do, if you're active on the internet, is to keep those things up to date.

One good source for updates on those and other apps, is "File Hippo".
    I get their daily update newsletter, with updates on many of the programs I use every day.

Cars kill people, but most of us still drive, every day, or at least often.
    It's pretty well impossible to remove everything from our lives that may have some negative aspect.

Cheers Mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Feb 5, 2015
  12. groze Win User
    Just a note flash has been updated to 16.0.0.305 Also, you need flash to watch movies or shows on certain sites, I am not talking youtube,

groze, Feb 5, 2015
  13. labeeman Win User

Another update for Flash today 02-10-15 When will Flash disappear?

labeeman, Feb 9, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    I would bet not until HTML5 fully takes it's place and that's not going to happen all that soon, IMO.

BunnyJ, Feb 9, 2015
  15. labeeman Win User
    I would bet not until HTML5 fully takes it's place and that's not going to happen all that soon, IMO. If it happened yesterday it would not be soon enough. LOL

labeeman, Feb 9, 2015
Thema:

1. New Flash zero-day targets Windows, Mac users - Similar Threads - Flash zero targets

2. 'Zero Day' 'Nitro Zeus'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    'Zero Day' 'Nitro Zeus': How do you know if your device has been infected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/zero-day-nitro-zeus/cac08d82-bc0f-4707-9779-f4cce2703b00
  3. Day zero OS updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Day zero OS updates: I recently bought a HP Pavilion laptop, which was advertised as complete with all the necessary windows win10 home version updates, yet I have been battling seemingly endless day 0 updates since I got it. Most notably, a feature update to version 1909 which for some reason...
  4. Windows 10 (Mac user, new to PC)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 (Mac user, new to PC): Hi, so I’ve built a PC after being a Mac user for 10+ years, I can get into the Bios fine, Windows 10 install through USB, BUT after about a minute of being in Windows the computer sort of resets and I lose signal on my monitor. In the BIOS Everything is working fine... I’m...
  5. Adobe readies emergency patch for Flash zero-day bug exploited in the

Adobe readies emergency patch for Flash zero-day bug exploited in the: Adobe readies emergency patch for Flash zero-day bug exploited in the wild Adobe has told users that an emergency patch is being prepared for a Flash zero-day vulnerability being exploited in the wild which can give attackers complete control. On Tuesday, the tech...
  6. Emergency Flash Player patch fixes zero-day critical flaw

Emergency Flash Player patch fixes zero-day critical flaw: Adobe Systems has released an emergency patch for Flash Player in order to fix a critical vulnerability that attackers are already taking advantage of. The vulnerability, tracked as CVE-2016-7855 in the Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures database, is a use-after-free...
  7. Flash zero-day flaw under attack to spread ad malware...

in Windows 10 News
    Flash zero-day flaw under attack to spread ad malware...: Cybercriminals are exploiting a newly discovered flaw in Adobe Flash Player to distribute a botnet and adware, according to security researchers. Adobe is investigating reports that a zero-day flaw in Flash Player is being used by an exploit kit known as Angler. Following...
  8. Kaspersky Lab discovers Adobe Flash Zero Day used in the wild

in Windows 10 News
    Kaspersky Lab discovers Adobe Flash Zero Day used in the wild: Woburn, MA – October 16, 2017 – The Kaspersky Lab advanced exploit prevention system has identified a new Adobe Flash zero day exploit, used in an attack on October 10, 2017 by a threat actor known as BlackOasis. The exploit is delivered through a Microsoft Word document and...
  9. Hackers are attacking Word users with new Microsoft Office zero-day

in Windows 10 News
    Hackers are attacking Word users with new Microsoft Office zero-day: The bug affects all supported versions of Microsoft Word, but will be fixed this week. Attackers are exploiting a previously undisclosed vulnerability in Microsoft Word, which security researchers say can be used to quietly install different kinds of malware -- even on...
  10. New Flash Player Zero-Day in The Wild

in Windows 10 News
    New Flash Player Zero-Day in The Wild: A new flaw in latest version of Flash to be patched next week. On my systems I use the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit to protect my systems. I guess we will see another updated from MS also. https://blog.malwarebytes.org/zero-d..._medium=social Jim *Cool...