Windows 10: New folder created by Windows 10 not accessable

Discus and support New folder created by Windows 10 not accessable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I discovered today that the new pictures folder that was created when the Windows 10 upgrade was done is not accessible to me and I am the only User... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SuperAggie, Sep 13, 2015.

1. New folder created by Windows 10 not accessable

I discovered today that the new pictures folder that was created when the Windows 10 upgrade was done is not accessible to me and I am the only User and I am the administrator of the PC. When I open the security tab of folder properties it shows that I have all permissions but I still can't access the folder

:)

SuperAggie, Sep 13, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Sep 13, 2015
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Error code 0x80070032

If that is the case, your original account is possibly corrupted. We highly recommend creating a new administrator account, and then transfer your files from your original account to the new one. To know how you can create a new administrator user, follow
    the steps here. After creating a new account, follow the steps below on how
    you can transfer you files to the new account:

• Access File Explorer.
    • On the left pane, choose This PC.
    • Double-click Local Disk (CNew folder created by Windows 10 not accessable :).
    • Open the Users folder.
    • Open the folder of your original account.
    • Access one of the folders and copy the files inside it. (Example: Open the
      Documents
      folder and copy the files insider that folder)
    • Go back to the Users folder, and then access the folder of the new account.
    • Access the same folder that you've opened when you accessed the folder of your original account and paste the files there. (In the example, you've accessed the Documents folder of your original account and copied all of its files. You must also open the
      Documents folder of the new account and paste the files inside that folder.
    • Repeat steps 4-8 until you've transferred all of your files to the new account.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Sep 13, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

New folder created by Windows 10 not accessable

I can access the Pictures Folder listed in more than one place in File Explorer except any of the shortcuts shown in Libraries, Documents, gives the same error for My Music, My Pictures and My Videos.
    Attachment 37403

Berton, Sep 13, 2015
  5. This is almost the same for me, What do we do about it?

SuperAggie, Sep 14, 2015
  6. Melk Win User
    I remember having a similar problem even before Windows 10...

Right-click on one of the folders you can't access from the left panel of explorer. ex: Music (the one with the note, either from (quick access) or (libraries) then select 'Properties'.
    - In the property popup, there <should> be a tab that's called 'Location'.
    - From this 'Location' tab, you'll see where the shortcut points to... is it the correct location? Test it by opening another explorer and going where it says it points to and try to access it from there. Do you get the same error? If so, can you let us know where its points to?

If you're not sure it points to the correct location, use the 'Reset to default' button & see if it changes. If it does, it was pointing at a location which wasn't the default location... This might explain the error if it's related to 'permissions'.

oh, and what error do you get when you try to access those folders?

7. I don't think you really understand the problem, but the error I get is Access Denied. All of the folders were created by Windows 10 when it installed. I can actually get to all my pictures in the folders that they were always in but Windows put these links in the very funky start menu and they can not be edited, removed or anything else that I can find. Nor can I add links to the folders that I can access!

SuperAggie, Sep 14, 2015
  8. Berton Win User

I try to keep in mind for file management purposes that those things in the Libraries are mostly just shortcuts to the actual Folders and files seen in C:\Users. When wanting to Copy or backup files I've created or saved I go to my login name Folder in C:\Users.

Berton, Sep 14, 2015
  9. Melk Win User

Ok, although I didn't get this exact same message tonight (for another reason completely, and coincidentally, I had a security error message as well, just not this one).... after about 2 hours of trying out different security settings, reading up on the internet, testing, etc, it turns out it was my anti-virus (Avast) (duh, what the hell, no messages from the AV either.. anyway)... so I found a <patch> solution for myself.
    My point being that it 'might' be your anti-virus? Otherwise, this is beyond me at the moment.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried taking ownership of the folder in the security tap->advanced->owner->change?

10. Microsoft is stupid! They have got Windows 10 locked down tighter than a stripped screw!

ukcatsfan83, Sep 14, 2015
  11. No I will try that but otherwise I am going to stop worrying about this. I downloaded "ClassicShellSetup_4_2_4" last night in the middle of the night that replaces the Windows 10 start menu. In it I can remove the bad links and stop worrying about them. I have another problem that may cause me to totally reinstall anyway. I may have to reinstall Windows 7.

SuperAggie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New folder created by Windows 10 not accessable - Similar Threads - folder created accessable

2. Cannot create a new folder Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot create a new folder Windows 10: I cannot create a new folder in Windows 10 20H2 19042.804 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-a-new-folder-windows-10/189323fc-d694-4eaf-91b4-6f0f46d2cf2a
  3. Cannot create new folder on Windows 10

Cannot create new folder on Windows 10: Just like the title, I cannot create new folder on windows 10. I have tried these so far: 1. Open windows 10 in safe mode 2. Create new key in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers 3. This Cannot Create/rename folders - Microsoft Community 4....
  4. Windows 10 Create New Folder

Windows 10 Create New Folder: On Windows 10, whenever I create a new folder in Explorer, it does not show up unless I exit to the folder one level up in the hierarchy and then reopen the folder where the new file was created. It's not consistently happening, as sometimes the folder creation happens as...
  5. Can’t access some folders/Create new folders in them.

Can’t access some folders/Create new folders in them.: Hello, ive spoke about this before but when trying to acesss the WINDOWS App Folder... some folders in that folder dont allow me to create or delete files in them despite having ownership over the file... its really getting me down as all i want to do is have acess to my...
  6. Windows 10. Creating a new folder creates a new link instead.

Windows 10. Creating a new folder creates a new link instead.: Good morning, I can't create new folders because whenever I try it creates a new link instead. (Ctrl+shift+N doesn't work) The only way I can create it is through Command Prompt with "mkdir". Can you help me? I can't restore. Thank you...
  7. CREATING A NEW FOLDER

CREATING A NEW FOLDER: I am unable to create a new folder on any of drives using Windows 10 anyone had this issue or know a fix for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-new-folder/258c0742-8a52-4391-bad5-5f9bb36ca7a0"
  8. create new folder

create new folder: I cant create a new folder in windows 10 in my pictures. how do I fix this.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-folder/cbc88120-c637-451f-9adf-def7e54748fa"
  9. Create New Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create New Folder in Windows 10: How to: Create New Folder in Windows 10 How to Create a New Folder in Windows 10 A folder is a location where you can store your files. You can create any number of folders and even store folders inside other folders (subfolders). This tutorial will show you...
  10. Unable to Access Files Unless New Folder Created

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Access Files Unless New Folder Created: Hello. I have been having problems with my file access lately. There are times when I create a folder and place files in the folder. After a while, the files become inaccessible. When I try to access the file, the program opening the file states that I don't have the correct...