Windows 10: New gaming pc video issues

Discus and support New gaming pc video issues in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I just purchased an HP Pavilion Power 580-023w Gaming Tower from Walmart. On the video card, there is DVI, HDMI, and display port connections. This the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by spyfox, Dec 1, 2017.

1. spyfox Win User

New gaming pc video issues

I just purchased an HP Pavilion Power 580-023w Gaming Tower from Walmart. On the video card, there is DVI, HDMI, and display port connections. This the 2nd one, the first one I returned because of this exact problem. No video with DVI or HDMI. The only way to video output is using a display adapter with DVI. I've checked it with another monitor just to rule out that. This PC has a pretty high-end video card, a GTX 1060 3GB Graphics. Why it won't use the DVI or HDMI is driving me crazy. I'm getting ready to return this one as well if I can't figure it out for another model pc. What am I missing...seems to be pretty straightforward.

:)

spyfox, Dec 1, 2017
  2. XP ROCKS. Win User

Issues with my new windows gaming PC

Maybe you should try changing the boot order AFTER removing the installation media, so the system boots from the HDD as opposed to the disk.

XP ROCKS., Dec 1, 2017
  3. Issues with my new windows gaming PC

I just bought a new gaming PC from CyberPowerPC. I started it up, and it wanted me install my windows disk (which I did). I keep getting this message when i am on my last step to doing this process. I get the error:

The computer started using the Windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart your computer so that Windows starts normally. Then, insert the installation media and restart the upgrade. [Do not select |Custom [advanced]| to perform
    an upgrade. |Custom [advanced]| installs a new copy of Windows and deletes your programs and settings.]

I cant even get the computer to start. It just wants me to install the disk. I have done this OVER AND OVER! Its being really irritating!

Rich Connell, Dec 1, 2017
  4. New gaming pc video issues

Are you running the latest version of the Nvidia driver for the GTX 1060?

What does the monitor display when using the DVI or HDMI ports?

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 1, 2017
  5. spyfox Win User
    Yes, I installed latest drivers. When the DVI or HDMI cables are plugged in the monitor light goes from amber to blue, but absolutely nothing is displayed on the screen. When I plug in the display port adapter with the DVI attached to it, the screen immediately comes on showing my desktop. The first tower I got...exact same one, had the exact same issues...that's why I returned for another one. Get home,plug in dvi...nothing...hdmi...nothing...then I thought...hmm I have a display port adapter...let me give that a whirl...video instantly came on. It just doesn't make sense to me why the DVI wouldn't work right out of the box?

spyfox, Dec 1, 2017
  6. It could be that the monitor itself is failing to detect the HDMI or Display Port inputs. Have you tried to manually switch inputs on the monitor? I don't know what kind of monitor you have, but my Acer monitors both have a switch to select inputs in the event that the input is not detected from the computer. I know that you have checked with another monitor, but it might be that the HDMI and DP outputs aren't sending a switchover signal to the monitor. The monitor will then default to DVI or VGA depending on the model and manufacturer.

Try that before you take the computer back.

Gurn Blanston, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New gaming pc video issues

1. New gaming pc video issues - Similar Threads - gaming video issues

2. Video blur on new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video blur on new pc: Hey,I just bought a new pc with the graphics card nvidia rtx 4060.Recently i noticed that whenever i am gaming, or watching videos the picture quality is very blur inspite of the resolution being set to 1080p.Pls help regarding this...
  3. Video blur on new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video blur on new pc: Hey,I just bought a new pc with the graphics card nvidia rtx 4060.Recently i noticed that whenever i am gaming, or watching videos the picture quality is very blur inspite of the resolution being set to 1080p.Pls help regarding this...
  4. Video blur on new pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Issues with Microsoft windows and setting up new gaming pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Microsoft windows and setting up new gaming pc: I recently bought a new gaming pc, starting using One drive for transfer my favorite files to new gaming pcmainly my modded Minecraft games and I am having really hard time with multiple things.One my microsoft password keeps glitching out, including everything associated it...
  6. Issues with Microsoft windows and setting up new gaming pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Microsoft windows and setting up new gaming pc: I recently bought a new gaming pc, starting using One drive for transfer my favorite files to new gaming pcmainly my modded Minecraft games and I am having really hard time with multiple things.One my microsoft password keeps glitching out, including everything associated it...
  7. Issues with Microsoft windows and setting up new gaming pc

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. New PC issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New PC issues: Hey all, I recently bought a second-hand pc. When turned on, it displays the Dell logo (Dell Optiplex 780) and then proceeds to the windows setup. When at the windows setup, it asks me for my region. This would all be fine except that my mouse and keyboard both appear to be...
  9. New Games for PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Games for PC.: Hi, recently I have downloaded and installed Rise of Nations and Age of Empires from the Microsoft Store and the X-Box app. I have difficulty loading either game and frequently get the notice 'You need to be on-line to play this game' when in fact I am already on-line....
  10. New to PC Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New to PC Gaming: Hi, I doanloaded Lara Croft Go on my Lenovo Z50-70 laptop which plays just fine using the keyboard. I bought Xbox 360 controller of Ebay thinking it may be better than using the keyboard but after pluging it in the usb port I found I could not play the game with it. Was I...