Windows 10: New graphics card not working with windows 10 integration in BIOS

Discus and support New graphics card not working with windows 10 integration in BIOS in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I decided to update my old Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti to an EVGA GTX 1050 Ti this weekend. After installing the new card, I couldn't get into BIOS unless I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by MattMcD488, Jul 30, 2017.

1. New graphics card not working with windows 10 integration in BIOS

I decided to update my old Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti to an EVGA GTX 1050 Ti this weekend. After installing the new card, I couldn't get into BIOS unless I reset the CMOS. The monitor wouldn't get a signal until the Windows 10 lock screen came up. If I pressed Delete for BIOS the screen would stay off and the keyboard wouldn't work (pushing Scroll Lock to turn on the keyboard's backlight wouldn't work and also the Num Lock light came on and pressing Num Lock wouldn't turn it back off). Also, Windows 10's Recovery mode wouldn't work to boot into safe mode (same thing, monitor would just go to sleep due to no input and the keyboard wouldn't work). The PC's lights and fans were working while the monitor went to sleep.

After resetting the CMOS and re-seating the card, I could get into BIOS and through elimination I found the setting that wasn't playing nice. Under Advanced is a setting called "Windows 8/8.1/10 Features." Enabling this integrates with newer versions of Windows by switching to exclusively UEFI booting options, replacing the box art splash screen to just an MSI logo on a black screen with the spinning orbs for Windows 10, as well as making the "Fast Boot" options available and speeding up POST (even with Fast Boot off, it boots in about half the time as it does with the Windows 8/8.1/10 feature off). If I leave the Windows 8/8.1/10 Feature turned off, I can get into BIOS and Recovery mode works, the PC just boots really slowly and the screen flickers a little between the boot stages. These features worked perfectly with my 750 Ti and I find it really hard to believe a brand new card doesn't support this integration. Hopefully someone here can help me figure out why it doesn't work with the new card.

Some Specs:
    The motherboard is an MSI Z97 PC mate with the latest BIOS (version 4.B/4.11 from 2/2/16).
    I disabled IGD (Integrated Graphics), set the default display to PEG (PCI Express Graphics) and have legacy boot options disabled (UEFI only). Windows 10 Pro 64-bit was installed from UEFI. The card is an EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SSC with ACX 3.0 cooling and the monitor is a Dell E228WFP 23" connected by DVI-D cable to the card's DVI-D port. I uninstalled the Nvidia Drivers from Safe Mode with DDU and reinstalled the latest 384.94 WHQL driver from Nvidia's website.

:)

MattMcD488, Jul 30, 2017

2. Windows 10 upgrade HDMI won't use dedicated video card

The model is HP 15-j058ca

I checked Dxdiag. the Windows 10 display settings, the integrated Intel 4000 Graphics properties, and the Nvidia properties, and I've disabled the integrated card before sending the original message. I've even tried disabling the integrated card through
    the BIOS, but the BIOS included with this HP laptop is anemic, and has no display settings options there. (even after updating the BIOS through HP) I made sure to exhaust all options on my side before posting here.

Dxdiag says it's using the Intel integrated card

Disabling the integrated card on Windows 10 stops all video and audio.

*side note: disabling the integrated card when I was using Windows 8.1 months ago stopped all sound, while the dedicated video card worked fine. Leading me to understand the audio is dependent on the integrated video card being operational*

PinappleVQ, Jul 30, 2017
  3. Reaper995 Win User
    Windows 10 stuck on blank screen - Alienware Mx11

WIN 10 doesn't seem to support the integrated graphics. Go into bios "F2" or whatever your computer uses and find the option to disable the integrated graphics. My option was to set to discrete which will then use the nvidia card instead of the integrated
    graphics and then you will get a display

Reaper995, Jul 30, 2017
  4. New graphics card not working with windows 10 integration in BIOS

Update: I was able to solve my issue. It turns out that the BIOS setting was just bringing another underlying problem to light. I went through all of the steps again but this time I noticed that the cover in the unused HDMI port was pinched between the card an the case so I removed the two covers in the unused HDMI and DisplayPort ports when I re-seated the card. Also, with the DVI-D cable unplugged, I noticed that one of the pins was bent. I carefully bent it back and reinstalled the connector and all is good now. Upon reboot, the monitor turned on and displayed the windows splash screen and I was able to reboot into BIOS and the screen stopped flickering during boot.

MattMcD488, Jul 31, 2017
Thema:

New graphics card not working with windows 10 integration in BIOS

1. New graphics card not working with windows 10 integration in BIOS - Similar Threads - graphics card working

2. New graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New graphics card: Hello so i want to buy a new graphics card for gaming and streaming. Generally i play light games like Valorant, Wow, and rpg games. My budget is on 300€. I have this one in mind Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 Gaming OC (rev. 2.0) but people tell me its for professional...
  3. How to enable a hidden integrated graphics card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable a hidden integrated graphics card?: Hi,I kept getting BSoD and one of the many ‘fixes’ I tried involved disabling the Intel graphics. This then led to a whole host of problems, which thankfully I’ve managed to fix for the most part, but now my PC keeps crashing when I try to play games. I’ve gone into Device...
  4. Issue with integrated graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with integrated graphics card: I have an Ibuypower pre-built pc. I have an I7-11700 CPU. It has integrated graphics and I also have a dedicated Nvidia RTX 2080 GPU. I recently moved my computer within my home office. Prior to disconnecting everything, I powered down the pc, turned the power supply off and...
  5. Issue with integrated graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with integrated graphics card: I have an Ibuypower pre-built pc. I have an I7-11700 CPU. It has integrated graphics and I also have a dedicated Nvidia RTX 2080 GPU. I recently moved my computer within my home office. Prior to disconnecting everything, I powered down the pc, turned the power supply off and...
  6. I disabled my integrated graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I disabled my integrated graphics card: I have 2 graphics cards, Intel HD 630 and a RTX 2080 super. I couldnt get nvidia control panel to open so I kept trying things to try and fix it and I had disabled my Intel hd 60 Integrated graphics card through device manager. My screen then went black and now Ive tried...
  7. New Graphics Card

New Graphics Card: I recently installed a GTX 1050 TI card. When I turned on my PC, the screen was brighter then normal. It's not a big issue, but it's definitely annoying. I tried adjusting the settings on my monitor, calibrating the color, and everything else I could find. I'd really...
  8. New graphics card

New graphics card: I installed an Nvidia graphics card and got the error "cannot find the path specified" The driver software I downloaded won't finish because the computer isn't seeing it. How can I resolve this?...
  9. New Graphics Card

New Graphics Card: Hi,I have just ordered the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon™ RX 580 8GD5 Special Edition and was wondering if it will work on my motherboard as it says the card uses the UEFI BIOS and my BIOS is an old Legacy BIOS (Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 rev. 1.2)?Thanks, if it won't work which GPU would...
  10. Z97 Use Integrated graphics card along with external graphics card.

Z97 Use Integrated graphics card along with external graphics card.: Hey, recently, I have came up with an idea of a fourth monitor, but my GPU (970) supports only three, which ones that I own. It has fourth one but I don't have the right cables for it for now. I noticed that my motherboard has two open video ports, one being VGA which I...