Windows 10: New GT 730 graphic card flickers

Discus and support New GT 730 graphic card flickers in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I needed to upgrade my graphics card because the old card was no longer supported. I choose the PNY GeForce GT 730. My first attempt was flickering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by JohnR2, Apr 7, 2016.

1. JohnR2 Win User

New GT 730 graphic card flickers

I needed to upgrade my graphics card because the old card was no longer supported. I choose the PNY GeForce GT 730. My first attempt was flickering screen. Spoke to PNY and they felt it was a bad card. Newegg replaced the card and again flickering. News came out that the Nvidia drive was bad. Tried again with the new drive and still flickering. If I go to device manager and delete the card, flickering stops and the PC function. Once rebooted the drives are reinstalled and flickering starts. I've tried Nvidia old drives as well but with the same results. Any suggestion?

:)

JohnR2, Apr 7, 2016
  2. BruceANt Win User

Cannot Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 because of Incompatible Display even when replaced with new graphics card

In an attempt to fix an incompatible display (integrated Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 on a HP Pavilion a6200n, AMD Athlon duel core) preventing a Windows 10 upgrade and since there is no driver update, I installed a new graphics card Nvidia GeForce GT
    730 into a PCI-e slot. The incompatible display was disabled and only the new GT 730 is displayed in the Device Manager.

Why do I still show the incompatible and disabled display in the Get Windows 10 upgrade instead of the newly installed graphics card?

BruceANt, Apr 7, 2016
  3. Win10 Upgrade prevented; still shows old hardware.

Dear Vanessa - thank you for your suggestion.

There is only one graphics card in the computer: GeForce GT 730. It's working perfectly. There is no other graphics card in the computer.

The problem is not with the graphics card. The problem is with GWX.

GWX still reports the old graphic card "GeForce 7300" as being installed. GWX reports that my pc cannot be upgraded to Windows 10 because the GeForce 7300 is not supported.

How can I get GWX to forget the 7300 and recognize the GT 730?

Thank you.

Tom M.

TominCT_765, Apr 7, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Welcome aboard, @JohnR2 *Smile

First of all, disable Device Driver Automatic Installation. It will prevent windows updates to install the latest nvidia driver.

Next, uninstall the installed nvidia driver. Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Now, try other versions of the display drivers. Try at least four.
    To install the driver, follow this method: NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems - Windows 7 Help Forums

Is it the same with all the versions? Then the card is bad.

5. JohnR2 Win User
    Thanks for your help. Went through the suggestions and reinstalled the drives several time ending up with flickering. There is a happy ending. The last attempt was to install GeForce as custom and unchecked the 3D options. Screen is now stable. What a ride.

JohnR2, Apr 7, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Sounds good.

Still, monitor the system for a few more days ... observe if it is causing any abnormal graphics related issue.

And, always do a driver only installation of the nvidia package. *Smile

7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

Note it's not always the drivers that are the problem -- sometimes you need to change the MONITOR settings too -- a typical culprit is having the wrong scan frequency selected for the resolution you want to use. It's worth having a look at some of the advanced hardware settings -- both via the computer (graphics properties) and often if there's a hardware menu on the monitor itself (picture settings etc).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 10, 2016
  8. JohnR2 Win User

Despite Disabling the Automatic Driver Updates, yesterdays Windows 10 updates caused the screen flickering to return. Went through the process of removing the driver in Safe mode and reinstalling GeForce without the 3D ans now working properly. I'll have to keep these instructions in a safe place if this is a reoccurring issue.

JohnR2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New GT 730 graphic card flickers - Similar Threads - 730 graphic card

2. Saplos Nvidia GT 730 Graphics on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saplos Nvidia GT 730 Graphics on: I have an older Windows 10 computer. It is refurbished, but I bought an older model new graphics card for it just to increase its capabilities a little more. When I run dxdiag it says I have Direct X 12 on a 64bit system. I keep getting two errors when trying to play a game...
  3. Saplos Nvidia GT 730 Graphics on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saplos Nvidia GT 730 Graphics on: I have an older Windows 10 computer. It is refurbished, but I bought an older model new graphics card for it just to increase its capabilities a little more. When I run dxdiag it says I have Direct X 12 on a 64bit system. I keep getting two errors when trying to play a game...
  4. Saplos Nvidia GT 730 Graphics on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Drivers not installing for GT 730

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Drivers not installing for GT 730: Drivers not installing Specs: Xeon X3430 GT 730 ddr3 Windows 10 Home For some reason whenever I try to install drivers for my Gt 730 its says that "it is not compatible with this version of Windows." Whenever I try to play games like Valorant, my game crashes. I have tried...
  6. Drivers not installing for GT 730

Drivers not installing for GT 730: Drivers not installing Specs: Xeon X3430 GT 730 ddr3 Windows 10 Home For some reason whenever I try to install drivers for my Gt 730 its says that "it is not compatible with this version of Windows." Whenever I try to play games like Valorant, my game crashes. I have tried...
  7. geforce gt 730 graphics card!!!!!

geforce gt 730 graphics card!!!!!: I'm trying to install drivers on my geforce gt 730 4gb graphics card from windows 10 the newest version, but whenever i do something messes up so i have to use the graphics card without the newest drivers. i cant stream with it and i dont see an improvement in gaming at all...
  8. Flickering graphics with new video card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Flickering graphics with new video card: This is a tricky one. I bought a new video card, a gtx 1660 super and using my existing display port cable gives me this weird flickering on the bottom half of the screen. The cable works fine with my old card. I then tried a standard HDMI cable and the flickering problem is...
  9. Minecraft With RTX on GT 730

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft With RTX on GT 730: Hello Works Minecraft RTX on GT 730 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-with-rtx-on-gt-730/dee3b534-07d5-4e93-b445-7e6240f7ba06
  10. Nvidia GT 730

Nvidia GT 730: i cannot install the latest driver from nvidia... it says , this Nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows.... windows 10 version 190..... pls help me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 nvidia geforce 6150se flicker