Windows 10: New Guy did a boo boo

Discus and support New Guy did a boo boo in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The "plan" was to DL 10 and install at a much later date as my PC isnt ready yet for what I want to do. Unfortunately I got suckered into the nag... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Geoff101, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Geoff101 Win User

New Guy did a boo boo

The "plan" was to DL 10 and install at a much later date as my PC isnt ready yet for what I want to do.

Unfortunately I got suckered into the nag screen that said I could install later and after the load it tells me I can delay up to 4 days...wow.

One person on another forum said he "heard" that if I refuse to accept the user agreement it will revert back to the original OS ??

What I want to do is add another HD and run 7 Pro 64 on one (been fine for years) and 10 on the other as a clean install. If 10 wipes out my 7 Product Key as many have said I'll switch manually instead of a dual boot.

Ideas/suggestions please?

Geoff

:)

Geoff101, Jul 18, 2016

2. Windows Boo-boo

A webpage saved as a favorite that was deleted? Go to the website and save it again.

Bruce Hagen, Jul 18, 2016
  3. Windows Boo-boo

How do I recover a webpage inadvertently deleted?

Gary ReginaldDodge, Jul 18, 2016
  4. New Guy did a boo boo

Define much later date? If you wait until after the 29th to do your install, you will have to buy a license. The free upgrade offer expires on the 29th.
    Yes, if you refuse the EULA, the install will stop and it will restore the original OS. Even if you complete the upgrade, you have 30 days where you can do a roll back to the original OS.

alphanumeric, Jul 18, 2016
  5. I don't know if you'll be able to do that, since the upgrade is supposed to use the Windows 7 license. You may need two licenses to accomplish this.

I wouldn't waste your time with a dual-boot. Use something like Macrium Reflect to make an image of your current install. Then, upgrade to 10 and see how you like it. You could even clean install 10 then for better results. If you still want to roll back, restore the image you created earlier and go on using 7.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

New Guy did a boo boo

1. New Guy did a boo boo - Similar Threads - Guy did boo

2. Peek-a-boo desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Peek-a-boo desktop icons?: One of the recent Windows updates, maybe the one before this last one, most of my desktop icons were blank, and I had to fiddle around in hidden files to delete something and restart. This time, they were blank again after the most recent update, so I tried rebooting. When...
  3. Peek-a-boo desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Peek-a-boo desktop icons?: One of the recent Windows updates, maybe the one before this last one, most of my desktop icons were blank, and I had to fiddle around in hidden files to delete something and restart. This time, they were blank again after the most recent update, so I tried rebooting. When...
  4. PC boos straight into BIOS and wont do anything else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boos straight into BIOS and wont do anything else: I recently bought a new pc tower and transfered all my stuff to the new pc, it came with a new motherboard but ever since I connected everything it will only boot into BIOS I went through it with a friend in the field to fix this stuff and he said that it may be cause windows...
  5. PC boos straight into BIOS and wont do anything else

PC boos straight into BIOS and wont do anything else: I recently bought a new pc tower and transfered all my stuff to the new pc, it came with a new motherboard but ever since I connected everything it will only boot into BIOS I went through it with a friend in the field to fix this stuff and he said that it may be cause windows...
  6. W2K22 Server Big BOO BOO from Ms (whether VM or real version)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    W2K22 Server Big BOO BOO from Ms (whether VM or real version): Hi there What's up with Ms QC these days -- can't they even get the simplest of things correct. Anybody in the Windows insider program can download the W2K22 Server preview versions -- good for people who want to test / learn Windows server who for all sorts of reasons can't...
  7. Big Boo-Boo and I can't access files in a folder!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Big Boo-Boo and I can't access files in a folder!: Hi all: Well, it's been maybe a year or two since I switched to a computer from Windows 7 to 10. Entirely different computer. Anyway, for some stupid reason I was messing around with BitLocker on my old computer one day out of curiosity funny, curiosity and technology...
  8. Made a boo boo

in Windows 10 Support
    Made a boo boo: Hi I've made a mistake and not sure how I get back Earlier, I clicked on a notification pop up saying a programme was slowing my PC down, I thinks it was something about office 365 Now, when I try and open my saved MS documents, it open with configuration in progress but...
  9. Made a boo-boo - now can't run Sticky Notes

Made a boo-boo - now can't run Sticky Notes: I somehow managed to enable the built-in administrator account - now Sticky Notes won't run, but I get this: [img] it says The app cannot be run Sticky Notes cannot be run using the built-in administrator account. Log in using another account and try again....
  10. New Guy did a boo boo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Guy did a boo boo: The "plan" was to DL 10 and install at a much later date as my PC isnt ready yet for what I want to do. Unfortunately I got suckered into the nag screen that said I could install later and after the load it tells me I can delay up to 4 days...wow. One person on another...