Windows 10: New Hard drive Not showing up on HP laptop

Discus and support New Hard drive Not showing up on HP laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just bought a new hard drive from best buy, its a western digital Blue 500gb hard drive, the old one was failing and causing windows to run slow so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by darkf0xx, Jan 20, 2016.

1. darkf0xx Win User

New Hard drive Not showing up on HP laptop

I just bought a new hard drive from best buy, its a western digital Blue 500gb hard drive, the old one was failing and causing windows to run slow so I bought this one to fix it. When I try to install the new OS into the blank hard disk it doesnt show up on the list, nothing does. Any tips?

:)

darkf0xx, Jan 20, 2016
  2. Hari Rana Win User

Hard drive not showing in BIOS or Bootable Drive

I reinstalled windows 7 on my HP laptop and recently installed Windows 10 for dual-boot. Then, my laptop had a Blue Screen of Death (crashed) and it turned on again without booting in Windows 7 or 10 and it didn't even recognize my hard drive. I went into
    the BIOS and my hard drive didn't even show up. I created a Windows 10 bootable drive and I tried reinstalling Windows 10 on my laptop and again, the hard drive didn't show up so I couldn't reinstall Windows 10. I have the HP Pavilion g7 notebook.

Hari Rana, Jan 20, 2016
  3. How to connect two computers

Original Title: Toshiba external Hard-drive

My Toshiba external hard drive which was hooked to my Toshiba Satellite Laptop. Now just got new HP laptop due to all the new Windows 10 problem's of upgrading. Now before I learn how to hook the 2 computers up together thru a my router, Want to know 1.)
    do I have to use a router 2.) Is my Toshiba hard-drive compatible with my new HP? and 3.) Basically how to transfer my data? to my new HP laptop? Sincerely, Mr. Martin Behrens

MartinBehrensPN, Jan 20, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Have you assigned a drive letter to the new hard drive ?

Go to diskmgmt.msc > right click at the drive > click Change drive letter and paths > then assign a drive letter > Add > OK

Does that work ?

davidhk, Jan 20, 2016
  5. darkf0xx Win User
    how am I supposed to? there is no OS on it, also I put it into my desktop and formatted it with the drive management and assigned it drive "D" and then put it back in laptop and still doesnt show up. I even tried doing it through linux and fedora, still nothing.

darkf0xx, Jan 20, 2016
  6. darkf0xx Win User
    Fixed it, apparently when I changed out the hard drive I loosened the other end that plugs into the laptop so it was half plugged in. Thanks for your help.

darkf0xx, Jan 20, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Oh. You are welcome.
    Happy computing.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New Hard drive Not showing up on HP laptop - Similar Threads - Hard drive showing

2. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  3. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  4. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive not showing up: I have both an SSD and a HDD. When I go to file explorer only the SSD shows up. In the bios both the HDD and the SSD shows up. The HDD doesnt show up in device manager either. How to I get the HDD to start appearing?...
  6. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive not showing up: I have both an SSD and a HDD. When I go to file explorer only the SSD shows up. In the bios both the HDD and the SSD shows up. The HDD doesnt show up in device manager either. How to I get the HDD to start appearing?...
  7. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hard Drive Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Not Showing Up: Hello, I have a hard drive installed, in a computer I just built, it shows up in my Asus bios and everything but it doesn't show up on my computer devices. It is so weird. Can someone help?...
  9. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive not showing up: While building a computer I was told that installing the OS on a SSD would lead to a faster boot time than if I Installed it on a hard drive So I recently did the only problem is that now windows isn't acknowledging the hard drive in "This PC". I have tried the following...
  10. hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hard drive not showing up: my win 10 broke so i decided to reinstall win 10 by usb. before my win 10 broke it would show up that i had two drives now it doesn't. if i check disk management it on shows that i have only one drive submitted by /u/collsheryar [link] [comments]...