Windows 10: New Hdd windows 10 wont activate

Discus and support New Hdd windows 10 wont activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys. I just replace my hdd after the old one fail on me.The old hdd was window 7 upgraded to 10 and was also activate,i also made, a usb w10 back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tray, Apr 27, 2016.

1. tray Win User

New Hdd windows 10 wont activate

Hi guys. I just replace my hdd after the old one fail on me.The old hdd was window 7 upgraded to 10 and was also activate,i also made, a usb w10 back up too.(call me noobie *Homer Drooling)I needed up using the back up usb to install window 10 and also the old w10 cd key on the hdd to get it going .It works ,but the it wont activate...Is it because i never use a recovery disk,can i undo this??..Also i only have a local disk (c)...Chers

:)

2. Will I be charged for Windows 10 activation or will it be pre-activated?

Thank you for your reply Mr. Singh.

Your reply helped me a wee bit. However i am still confused. I recently purchased a new HDD and would like to install Windows 10 directly on it. This new HDD is clean and has no software installed. I used my old HDD to back up my data and to download and
    put the Windows 10 files into a bootable usb. Now that i have done that, i want to install Windows 10 on the new HDD(which has no windows installed). My main question is, If i install windows 10 on the new HDD using the windows 8 key i already have, will it
    activate? or will i need to install windows 8 on the new HDD and activate and then upgrade to Windows 10?

Thank you

MustafaRa46, Apr 27, 2016
  3. mrwho1991 Win User
    What if I have activated Windows 10 on device, then replace the Hard Drive and reinstall windows 10?

I have an new computer but I haven't replace 350Gb HDD yet, I upgrade free windows 10 yesterday and of course it's activated permanent. But I decide to replace the HDD for the new one and the old one I decide to be backup drive. Will windows 10 still activated
    and genuine as now?

mrwho1991, Apr 27, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Right click on the start icon, select Command Prompt (Admin). Run:
    slmgr /dlv
    Post the results here. Also press Win+R keys on keyboard to open a run dialog. Run:
    winver
    Post the results here. We can help troubleshoot your activation problems with those results.

NavyLCDR, Apr 27, 2016
  5. tray Win User
    Hi ,thanks for the reply..

6. tray Win User
    The last one was,just a Window 10 logo and microsoft window.Version 10.0 (Build 10240) so on ..

7. Superfly Win User
    You should run slmgr /dlv from command prompt to get the result.

Anyway I think you need to change the key to this one *****-*****-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7 (Not sure if we are allowed to post these - so google the rest)

Superfly, Apr 28, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

That's what I was thinking. From Command Prompt (Admin) run these commands:

New Hdd windows 10 wont activate [​IMG]

The results of slmgr /dlv should look like this:

NavyLCDR, Apr 28, 2016
  9. Superfly Win User
    Yep, that's the ticket - he probably has the old Build 10240 key anomaly.

Superfly, Apr 28, 2016
  10. tray Win User
    Sorry about that guys, i'm probably the least computer savvy person here...I'm amazing i even made it this far,with this computer.But anyway here the result......
    Thanks for the help guys really appreciate it

11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Post #6 should fix your issue.

NavyLCDR, Apr 28, 2016
  12. tray Win User
    You guys are the best!! ,thank you soo much NavyLCDR ! and Superfly i really appreciated your help its all activated and working.water mark is gone ,im so bloody happy that came here.Again thank you!!!!!*Biggrin*Biggrin*Thumbs*Thumbs

Thema:

1. New Hdd windows 10 wont activate - Similar Threads - Hdd wont activate

2. Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD: Microsoft recently past 2 weeks or so helped me to activate Windows 10 Professional on my SSD. Now I have installed a 3TB HDD Seagate, and wish to install Windows 10 Pro on there as well. I am lead to believe that my activation is linked to my Microsoft account. Okay, but...
  3. Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD: Microsoft recently past 2 weeks or so helped me to activate Windows 10 Professional on my SSD. Now I have installed a 3TB HDD Seagate, and wish to install Windows 10 Pro on there as well. I am lead to believe that my activation is linked to my Microsoft account. Okay, but...
  4. Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Wont Activate

Windows 10 Wont Activate: Hello i bought pc with Windows 10 installed, they dont have key shop where i bought it, they told me its already activated in BIOS, they told me it need to ACTIVATE WHEN I CONNECT PC TO INTERNET but it didntI reinstalled pc back to older version thought it will activate by it...
  6. Cloned windows 10 HDD wont boot on new material

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloned windows 10 HDD wont boot on new material: Hey helpers ! Here is my issue that starting to get to me. I have upgraded my setup, changing my case, pcu, gpu, motherboards and RAM. My plan was to clone my windows 10 SSD sata to my new M.2. The problem was that my old motherboard did have a M.2 slot. So i have cloned...
  7. Windows 10 wont activate??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 wont activate??: So I have a windows 10 key but when I try to activate it gives me error code 0x803fa067 and in red text above that it says Error code 0xC004C003. When I disable the internet error code 0xC004C003 doesnt show up at the top and when I activate instead of 0x803fa067 it shows...
  8. Windows 10 wont detect new hardware for Activation

Windows 10 wont detect new hardware for Activation: I recently swapped to a new motherboard. When I booted into Windows I noticed my copy wasn't activated. When I went to the activation Troubleshooter to change the hardware it was activated on, I noticed it wasn't detecting my new hardware. My old Motherboard was by MSI, my...
  9. Windows activation on new HDD

Windows activation on new HDD: I Have changed HDD, previously my Windows 10 was upgraded from 8.1. I don't have activation key handy, used to log in thru MS id. Whether Its possible to activate Windows with old license on my new HDD?, rest hardware are same. Please help....
  10. Windows 10 HDD wont Recover

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 HDD wont Recover: So, it all started when i was trying to see if I could enable discreet graphics around in the Bios and i changed the settings from AHCI to Raid on accident. And theres were the problems began. It booted in Raid mode by itself, nothing to actually Raid with really. From that...