Windows 10: New HDD

Discus and support New HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have added a WD 250GB to my main system (got a box full of HDDs *Redface) so Im all set for installing Win 9 *Biggrin [img] 1871 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stephanie, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Stephanie Win User

New HDD

I have added a WD 250GB to my main system (got a box full of HDDs *Redface) so Im all set for installing Win 9 *Biggrin

New HDD [​IMG]

:)

Stephanie, Sep 25, 2014
  2. neilpzz Win User

New HDD

If it is a retail licence key then just use the key during the install on the new device.

neilpzz, Sep 25, 2014
  3. ryfly84 Win User
    New HDD

Right, but can I install 8 first from the disc, or do I have to get the Windows 10 iso?

ryfly84, Sep 25, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

New HDD

Congrats!! Nothing like getting new hardware!

Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 25, 2014
  5. Stephanie Win User
    Just need the OS now Jeff *Biggrin

Stephanie, Sep 25, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I know .. I have a partition on my secondary all set for Win9, 137GB should do the trick. *Biggrin

BunnyJ, Sep 25, 2014
  7. badrobot Win User
    Got 2 120GB Samsung Evo SSDs recently (on sale for $79 each)... and both installed and ready. It's gonna be good...

New HDD [​IMG]

badrobot, Sep 25, 2014
  8. strollin Win User

New HDD

I don't need any new hardware, got plenty of disk space available to install Win 9 preview in a VM.

strollin, Sep 25, 2014
  9. badrobot Win User
    I used VM on Win 8 Preview.
    But it only taught me how to use and tweak Win 8 . I didn't learn how to deal with actual hardware, peripherals and driver/software issues. Which is what this forum is all about. This time around, I will let Win 9 preview use my PC's full resources, run on 4 monitors, get the feel of it and learn actual troubleshooting and contribute more to the discussion *Smile .
    The first test would be of course, cloning. I will install on HDD and then clone on SSD. The HDD installation will be the backup in case MS came up with a killer update that will screw up everything. Instead of reinstalling, I will just re-clone the hdd.

badrobot, Sep 25, 2014
  10. strollin Win User
    I doubt I will dedicate any actual hardware to Win 9 until some point in the future when I buy/build a new machine that comes with Win 9.

Win 7 is the only Windows OS I ever used to upgrade older machines. Mostly I run new OSes in a VM and leave currently running machines alone.

strollin, Sep 25, 2014
  11. badrobot Win User

Nobody has to dedicate a hardware or PC to a single OS. Just press F9 on boot up and then select a drive you want to boot from. That's what I've been doing for the past 3 years. You can install and run as many OS on as many hard drives your PC can accommodate.

badrobot, Sep 25, 2014
  12. strollin Win User
    I haven't bothered with multi-booting OSes since I started using VMs over 10 years ago. I consider it a major PITA to reboot my PC just because I want to use a different OS.

To each their own.

strollin, Sep 25, 2014
  13. Chuck38 Win User

New HDD

I think I'll just partition my current drive. *Smile

Chuck38, Sep 26, 2014
  14. badrobot Win User
    Exactly. To each his own. It only takes 30sec to boot up so I don't mind rebooting.

My machine probably reboots faster than launching my VM. *Smile

Cheers!

badrobot, Sep 26, 2014
  15. LittleJay Win User
    Same here. W7 boots up in around 28-30 seconds, while W8.1 boots up between 18 to 20 seconds on my PC.

LittleJay, Sep 28, 2014
Thema:

New HDD

1. New HDD - Similar Threads - HDD

2. My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it: So basically I added a WD 1TB HDD and I see the system detects it because in the device manager it shows up, and also in HWINFO64.But if I open up the file explorer or the disk manager it doesn't show up and I don't know what to do.Can someone help me out?Thank you so much :...
  3. My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it: So basically I added a WD 1TB HDD and I see the system detects it because in the device manager it shows up, and also in HWINFO64.But if I open up the file explorer or the disk manager it doesn't show up and I don't know what to do.Can someone help me out?Thank you so much :...
  4. Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...: Hello, I had to reinstall my windows on a 1TB SSD and before it could see the drive just fine. Now when I reinstalled it, it does show my internal HDD but I can't access any of its files. Disk management says its a 2TB drive with assigned letter and name. It also says that...
  5. Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...: Hello, I had to reinstall my windows on a 1TB SSD and before it could see the drive just fine. Now when I reinstalled it, it does show my internal HDD but I can't access any of its files. Disk management says its a 2TB drive with assigned letter and name. It also says that...
  6. Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...

7. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot: Hello everyone so first of all i know this might not be the perfect forum to post this but i am really starting to get desperate : So like the title says I can access my HDD on Linux mint but absolutely not in windows. this happend after a dual boot install of cinnamon mint....
  8. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot: Hello everyone so first of all i know this might not be the perfect forum to post this but i am really starting to get desperate : So like the title says I can access my HDD on Linux mint but absolutely not in windows. this happend after a dual boot install of cinnamon mint....
  9. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. আমার ল্যাপটপটি অন করলে enter hdd Password দেখায় কিন্তু পাসওয়ার্ড আমি জানি না এখন কিভাবে...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    আমার ল্যাপটপটি অন করলে enter hdd Password দেখায় কিন্তু পাসওয়ার্ড আমি জানি না এখন কিভাবে...: আমার ডেল ব্রান্ড ল্যাপটপ। ল্যাপটপটি অন করার সময় Enter HDD Password চাচ্ছে, পাসওয়ার্ড আমি জানি না। এখন ল্যাপটপটির সমস্যা কিভাবে সমাধান করা যায় অনুগ্রহ করে সাহায্য করুন।...