Windows 10: New here with question about windows 10

Discus and support New here with question about windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. new here, and I have a question about windows 10. I am planning a new build in the next few weeks, can I download windows 10 for free and install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bluestringer, Jul 29, 2015.

1. New here with question about windows 10

Hi. new here, and I have a question about windows 10. I am planning a new build in the next few weeks, can I download windows 10 for free and install it on the new build. I am now running windows 7 home premium. I do not have sp1 though. I have read the instructions for downloading 10 and have already downloaded the media creation tool. If I can do this where do I get a product key. Thanks.

:)

bluestringer, Jul 29, 2015

2. Questions About Here

hmm looks like it is missing alot of features. Hope they get added soon.

I guessing that you can share favorites with Cortana's place as well?

Also does it have voice commands? Say there is construction and I need to find a new way. Can I tell it about the detour?

chobo2---01, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    Questions About Here

Somehow. Actually, HERE Drive is a spin-off of HERE Maps, to faciliate and concentrate on the voice-guided car navigation. It is a different entry-point into the various HERE apps.

Symbian: yes, Web: yes, Windows Phone: no

You get a notification in your phone when you open one of the HERE apps. In the past, we got updates around every quarter, sometimes half a year.

Web: yes; Windows Phone: no

You see your backup at here.com.

Abi99 (2), Jul 29, 2015
  4. New here with question about windows 10

Following the instruction's here:

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

You will need to install SP1 first to do the upgrade.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Yes, I have read that, but I don't want to do an upgrade. I want to do a clean install on a new build. I have an OEM copy of windows 7 home premium now, so if I install SP1 on it and then download 10 can I install it on the new build, and where would I get a product key. Thanks.

6. Akane Win User
    You will not get the Key read this

Copy and paste from @Brink

When you upgrade with the free reserved copy from the GWX app on an activated Windows 7 or 8.1 PC, Windows 10 has a generic key included that will activate it.

If you clean install Windows 10 without doing the above first, Windows 10 will not be activated.

Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading with free upgrade?

Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded.
    [/b][/b]

Akane, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Install your Win 7, add SP 1 on your new build.
    Then do the upgrade to win 10.

When it is activated, you can do a clean install. This is the safest way to do it.

To get your key, use Belarc advisor to get it.

Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit, for software, hardware and security configuration information on your computer. Software license management, IT asset management, cyber security audits, and more.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jul 29, 2015
  8. New here with question about windows 10

Ok, so what I want to do will not work. I want to install it on a new build with a new HDD. I can not install Win 7 SP1 on the new build because it is a OEM copy and is already installed on the PC I'm now using, it can not be installed on another PC. I guess I will have to buy a new Win 10 OEM dvd, I'm assuming these are available at newegg, etc? Thanks.

9. Yes, you are correct then.
    Newegg has them, look at other retailer's also for a better price. Amazon.com is another one to look at also.

Edit:
    If you are not planning on using the PC you have now after the new build,
    You can install 7 SP1 on the new build, then do the upgrade and finally the clean install.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

New here with question about windows 10

1. New here with question about windows 10 - Similar Threads - here question

2. Where is the manual or protocol to answer this towers questions? I command here.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the manual or protocol to answer this towers questions? I command here.: Red alertSealClerksCity titles Military titlesRelationships by direction Relationships by appointment of books or fantasyRez book to remember one dayConvergesUpdate computers in readiness for repairs...
  3. Where is the manual or protocol to answer this towers questions? I command here.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the manual or protocol to answer this towers questions? I command here.: Red alertSealClerksCity titles Military titlesRelationships by direction Relationships by appointment of books or fantasyRez book to remember one dayConvergesUpdate computers in readiness for repairs...
  4. Cannot add image to question here and Task Manager issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add image to question here and Task Manager issue: While trying to ask a new question and needing to load a screenshot image, I cannot get the image to load, copy, or insert without a "something went wrong" response. I just moved to Windows 11 Home from Windows 10 Home. I checked to make sure that all of the updates were...
  5. Cannot add image to question here and Task Manager issue

Cannot add image to question here and Task Manager issue: While trying to ask a new question and needing to load a screenshot image, I cannot get the image to load, copy, or insert without a "something went wrong" response. I just moved to Windows 11 Home from Windows 10 Home. I checked to make sure that all of the updates were...
  6. Sorry, I have a quick question, I hope you can help me here. My laptop was in sleep mode in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorry, I have a quick question, I hope you can help me here. My laptop was in sleep mode in...: Sorry, I have a quick question, I hope you can help me here. My laptop was in sleep mode in my bag for 4 hours and I didn't notice if it would damage it...
  7. Sorry, I have a quick question, I hope you can help me here. My laptop was in sleep mode in...

Sorry, I have a quick question, I hope you can help me here. My laptop was in sleep mode in...: Sorry, I have a quick question, I hope you can help me here. My laptop was in sleep mode in my bag for 4 hours and I didn't notice if it would damage it...
  8. Hello everyone, I saw a question on here where a person had a simular situation to mine so...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello everyone, I saw a question on here where a person had a simular situation to mine so...: When I go to play games, whether it be on steam or xbox application, they crash, whether it be a good day and i go 2 hours without a crash, or 2 mins and it crashes. Sometimes, most of the times not, theres a crash log but again most time theres not, they just stop and close....
  9. Hello everyone, I saw a question on here where a person had a simular situation to mine so...

Hello everyone, I saw a question on here where a person had a simular situation to mine so...: When I go to play games, whether it be on steam or xbox application, they crash, whether it be a good day and i go 2 hours without a crash, or 2 mins and it crashes. Sometimes, most of the times not, theres a crash log but again most time theres not, they just stop and close....
  10. This is actually an old question, but it was suggested that I might post it here for...

This is actually an old question, but it was suggested that I might post it here for...: I just got a Surface Pro 8 and put Windows 11 Pro on it straight away. I also have a desktop with Win 10 Pro on it and I have the password disabled so it goes straight to the desktop upon startup. I only just learned that the practice of disabling the password is "by design"...