Windows 10: New HP Laptop

Discus and support New HP Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good evening to all. Few weeks ago I got this HP 255G6 laptop it's working okay. Just wanted to check up on the latest drivers etc for it, So decided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by menu, Nov 28, 2017.

1. menu Win User

New HP Laptop

Good evening to all.
    Few weeks ago I got this HP 255G6 laptop it's working okay. Just wanted to check up on the latest drivers etc for it, So decided to run speccy to get all the info on this laptop. When I enter the serial number into the HP web site for updates drivers and so on.It comes back that the serial number is not recognised.
    Does anyone have any ideas on this Please, Just want to see if all is okay with this unit.
    Many Thanks David.
    The serial Number is Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Computer type: Notebook
    ISerial Number: ** REMOVED **

:)

2. New hp laptop

I bought a new hp laptop. I selected Canada as a country and it immiedietly made the set up in french, which i have only a basic understanding of. It asked fkr my phone number to send a “verification code.” I have not recieved it and now its expired. Ive
    tried restarted the computer to get it back to english and start over and it wont leave the set up screen. This is super frustrating i just want to be able to use my new laptop.

rachelspink, Nov 28, 2017
  3. New hp laptop

What version of Windows are you using?

Does your entire Windows Covert to French?

Check with manufacturer whether it is Single Language or Multilanguage?

Cyber_Defend_Team, Nov 28, 2017
  4. MrHudson Win User

New HP Laptop

Weird serial number, My HP is 5CD6436GM, its a HP 15-f233wm.
    Go back to HP, and type model number instead of serial number.

MrHudson, Nov 28, 2017
  5. menu Win User
  6. MrHudson Win User
    When you look it up on HP, type it in like this, HP 255 G6.

MrHudson, Nov 28, 2017
  7. dmholt57 Win User
    dmholt57, Nov 28, 2017
  8. MrHudson Win User

New HP Laptop

Best remove it, that is your product key.

MrHudson, Nov 28, 2017
  9. menu Win User
    MrHudson.
    You are great It worked that way Thanks Very much. Most kind. David.*chuckle

10. menu Win User
    Yea thanks How would I remove it, Never done that before Help Please.
    David

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    David,

I edited your post for you to remove it. *Smile

Brink, Nov 28, 2017
  12. menu Win User
    Brink Does that mean that the image I placed will be deleted? Thanks David

13. menu Win User

New HP Laptop

Thank You all for the assistance very much appreciated David Thanks once again.

14. MrHudson Win User
    Never post your product key, someone can use it for their own use.
    Windows registers now with your Microsoft account, but someone who builds their can take your product key and use it.
    For future use, you can download those software/drivers, zippem up and place on USB stick, when warranty is up and you like to do a clean install, you wont have to go to HP Support.

MrHudson, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

New HP Laptop

1. New HP Laptop - Similar Threads - Laptop

2. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  3. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  4. I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN: IHave a new lap top and cannot get past the create a pin on microsoft log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-and-cant-get-past-the-create-a/1aaef651-9022-4d93-984b-7ce8b8648df9
  5. I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN

I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN: IHave a new lap top and cannot get past the create a pin on microsoft log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-and-cant-get-past-the-create-a/1aaef651-9022-4d93-984b-7ce8b8648df9
  6. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  7. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  8. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. laptop not detecting headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...
  10. laptop not detecting headphone jack

laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...