Windows 10: New hp pavilion 15af131dx /checklist?

Discus and support New hp pavilion 15af131dx /checklist? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone this is my first post, I recently purchased a hp pavilion 15af131dx and I just want to make sure I set it up correctly so it runs smoothly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zesty feline, Jul 13, 2017.

1. New hp pavilion 15af131dx /checklist?

Hey everyone this is my first post, I recently purchased a hp pavilion 15af131dx and I just want to make sure I set it up correctly so it runs smoothly and serves me well over it's life, I use the computer for very basic stuff and do not use much hard drive space so there is nothing too technical about my setup, so far my checklist is..
    *Install games, documents, applications on a USB flash drive.
    *Set up private browsing window as default, (is the Edge browser good? I was eyeing of Vivaldi)

Some may find it weird I set my computer up this way but it's just how I do it.. other than that I'm not sure, I still don't know if it comes with some antivirus, although I'm pretty sure you can get a half decent anti virus as freeware these days? either way. (suggestions welcome just in case)
    Lastly I don't know what to do about the plethora of ads and applications which I will never use in it's factory condition, do I just go through and delete them all? I don't want to mess it up and encounter issues down the track, so I am slightly skeptical of changing too much..
    Any further advice and suggestions are welcome, it's been sitting in the box for a few days now so I will need to get around to opening and setting it up soon, cheers.

:)

Zesty feline, Jul 13, 2017

2. Data transfer from old to new computer

My old computer is an HP Pavilion with Win 10 Home Edition. My new one is HP Pavilion with Win Home. What is the best way to move my data from the old machine to the new one?

fulano y tal, Jul 13, 2017
  3. Battery display

You need to tell us specifically which one you have? HP has so many in its line up.

HP Pavilion dm4-1004xx

HP Pavilion dm4-1060us

HP Pavilion dm4-2015dx

HP Pavilion dm4-1006tu

HP Pavilion dm4-2070us

HP Pavilion dm4-2180us

HP Pavilion dm4-2165dx

Andre Da Costa, Jul 13, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

New hp pavilion 15af131dx /checklist?

Perform baseline hardware and operating system checks
    Make a backup image

1) Download and install the latest version of the HP UEFI diagnostics:
    HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site
    2) Enter the bios by clicking the F2 or F10 key repetitively
    3) navigate to the UEFI diagnostics
    4) Run loop until failure testing overnight
    5) The next day press the keyboard escape key to turn off the UEFI diagnostics.
    6) view the UEFI log and confirm the pass
    7) if there was a hardware fail it would have aborted the test with a code that only HP can decipher

Now that you have checked the hardware (memory, drive, MB, etc) check the operating system.
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) chkdsk /scan

Install Malwarebytes: Malwarebytes | Free Cyber Security & Anti-Malware Software

Use the computer in selective boot to have the least bloatware and the most efficient system

Windows 10 Performance and Install Integrity Checklist - Microsoft Community

Use Macrium to make a backup image of the drive: Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

zbook, Jul 13, 2017
Thema:

New hp pavilion 15af131dx /checklist?

1. New hp pavilion 15af131dx /checklist? - Similar Threads - pavilion 15af131dx checklist

2. hp pavilion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp pavilion: Hello, Windows. I am trying to get an HP Pavilion for Christmas. But I have 2 questions. Is the HP Pavilion a windows computer and does it allow video games like games from Steam?Thank you so much, Ryan Ball....
  3. hp pavilion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp pavilion: Hello, Windows. I am trying to get an HP Pavilion for Christmas. But I have 2 questions. Is the HP Pavilion a windows computer and does it allow video games like games from Steam?Thank you so much, Ryan Ball....
  4. HP Pavilion g6

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Pavilion g6: My friend gave me a HP pavilion g6 that needed all information deleted off the hard drive but i accidentally deleted the operating system how do i redownload it[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-g6/e780dc6f-e218-4a2a-bd4a-4e7d3aa1c35c
  5. HP Pavilion HPE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Pavilion HPE: When I turn my HP Pavilion HPE on, it immediately says "HP start up menu" If I hit the F9 button rapidly, it sends me to a screen with a blue menu with the heading "Please select boot device" What "boot device" do I select that allows me to do a systems recovery or a...
  6. Locked HP pavilion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked HP pavilion: All of a sudden my screen flashed locking. Ive tried holding it for 10 seconds 3 times...nothing. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-hp-pavilion/01bac51a-d1fa-4290-8985-d84c51eddfe7
  7. hp Pavilion laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hp Pavilion laptop: Since the last update my laptop has frozen and I ,m unable to open as it does't seem to want my password. It has stuck in flight mode. Can you advise please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-laptop/bae1bd3f-2315-412d-9589-b7bf20eef4d1
  8. HP Pavilion x360

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion x360: I just bought this HP Pavilion and it is supposed to backlight the keyboard in dim light. How do I activate it? I am using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-x360/79aa9fb8-0b7e-44b9-86a2-806cb3830015
  9. New hp pavilion laptop freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New hp pavilion laptop freezing: Hi my name is arun i brought new hp laptop in Flipkart , but freezing too much and open files ,if i select 1st one its automatically selects last one Model Au-624tx ,4 gb ram ,1 tb rom and 4 gb graphics...
  10. HP Pavilion x2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion x2: hey, i've had a hp detachable pavilion x2 for a week or so, it came with 8.1 on it and i wasn't going to upgrade to 10 but thought sod it and upgraded earlier and now my mouse touchpad randomly stops working, the mouse pointer disappears and the keybooard stops working, i...