Windows 10: Change Taskbar Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Taskbar Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Taskbar Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10 How to Change Taskbar Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Hewjr100, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

Change Taskbar Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10

How to: Change Taskbar Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10

How to Change Taskbar Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10

The clock on your taskbar in Windows 10 displays the system time and date. By default, the time is in a 12 hour format.

This tutorial will show you how to change the taskbar clock to a 12 hour or 24 hour (aka: military time) time format for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Change Taskbar Clock to 12 hour Time Format
    • Option Two: To Change Taskbar Clock to 24 hour Time Format

EXAMPLE: 12 hour and 24 hour clock format

Change Taskbar Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Change Taskbar Clock to 12 hour Time Format
    1 Change the time format for Short time to 9:40 AM or h:mm tt (with AM/PM) OR 9:40 or H:mm (without AM/PM) for what you want. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Change Taskbar Clock to 24 hour Time Format
    1 Change the time format for Short time to 09:40 AM or hh:mm tt (with AM/PM) OR 09:40 or HH:mm (without AM/PM) for what you want. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Hewjr100, Jun 28, 2017

2. Windows 10. 12 to 24 hours

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To change the time format from 12 hour to 24 hour in Windows 10.

Follow the steps:

• Navigate to Control panel.
    • In the category view of the control panel, click on the
      ‘Change date, time, or number formats’.
    • Change the short time to HH:mm from the drop down.
    • Press Apply to make the changes.
    • Now your time format will change to 24 hour format.
    Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 26, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    set 24 hour clock explorer

Hi Claire

Right click your clock on the Taskbar, choose 'Adjust Data / Time'

On the resulting settings page, click 'Change Date / Time formats'

Under Time formats a small h denotes a 12 hour clock a capital H denotes a 24 hour clock

That's It!

DaveM121, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Change Taskbar Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10

How to Display 24 Hour Clock Format?

I prefer the 24 hour clock format and am having difficulty converting from the 12 hour format. How do I get Windows 10 to display the 24 hour format? I live in the US - Central Time Zone. Thanks!

PatrickLiang_228, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Helmut Win User
    Missing 24-hour time format in weather app

It is correct here Windows 10 ver 1703, in little old England(imminent European divorce), the Weather App does show 24 hour clock. Does for any other location as well.

Try ye olde worlde Control Panel > Region > Formats > Additional settings... > Time Tab > Capital H for 24 hour clock. The options are explained there.
    Apply OK restart App etc.
    It does change in the Weather App, just tried it. Maybe you are on manual updates for Apps or something.

*Arrow Change Taskbar Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Helmut, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Windows 10: Change to 12 Hour Clock

Windows 10: I want to change from 24 hour clock to 12 hour clock. I did several searches on the Internet. Says to go to Time&Language -> Change date& time -> format -> But the formats offered in the drop down are of the form HH:mm and HH:mm:ss. There are
    no formats of the form HH:mm tt or HH:mm:ss tt ... Furthermore, there is no "OK" option to cause it to take hold even if the proper formats were available ... Thank You

WarnerMach, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Change Taskbar Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10

1. Change Taskbar Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Taskbar Clock

2. Change 24 hour clock to 12 hour, French operating system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change 24 hour clock to 12 hour, French operating system: I have just set up a laptop that is in French, but the clock is in a 24 hour format but will not set to 12 hours. This is a school setting so was looking for a way in the Registry to do this for all users that will be using these laptops....
  3. Change 24 hour clock to 12 hour, French operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change 24 hour clock to 12 hour, French operating system: I have just set up a laptop that is in French, but the clock is in a 24 hour format but will not set to 12 hours. This is a school setting so was looking for a way in the Registry to do this for all users that will be using these laptops....
  4. Change 24 hour clock to 12 hour, French operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 24 hour clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    24 hour clock: The bug riddled Windows 11 cannot seem to even support a 24 hour clock. While civilians use the AM/PM the military uses 24 hour time. Windows 11 cannot so this so its time to stuff it in the stockade....
  6. 24 hour clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    24 hour clock: The bug riddled Windows 11 cannot seem to even support a 24 hour clock. While civilians use the AM/PM the military uses 24 hour time. Windows 11 cannot so this so its time to stuff it in the stockade....
  7. How to change the 24 hour clock to 12 hour in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the 24 hour clock to 12 hour in Windows 10: By default, the Windows 10 clock is set at the 12-hour format, which has been the case since its inception. Most users are quite content with the default setting henceforth; they do not need to make any changes. However, for those who prefer to have the 24-hour format clock...
  8. 24 hour clock.

24 hour clock.: I am trying to change the format for time from AM/PM to using the 24 hour clock. I have gone to settings but this is not offered as an option for setting time display. How or can I make this happen?...
  9. 24 hour clock

24 hour clock: How so I change my clock to 24 hour time in windows 10 ? I am a nurse and I think and function in 24 hour clock time. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/24-hour-clock/29c261f8-f080-45c4-b623-c85ff5634165
  10. Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10: How to: Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10 How to Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10 The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbAR 24 hour clock

2. windows 10 taskbar clock