Windows 10: New Install of Intel Optane Memory Module to Existing Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support New Install of Intel Optane Memory Module to Existing Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased a 32GB Optane Memory Module and am seeking advise to make the install go smoothly.......... I am running Windows 10 Pro 1709 OS Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tktk88, May 7, 2018.

1. tktk88 Win User

New Install of Intel Optane Memory Module to Existing Windows 10 Pro

I purchased a 32GB Optane Memory Module and am seeking advise to make the install go smoothly..........

I am running Windows 10 Pro 1709 OS Build 16299.371

I have an MSI Z370 Gaming Plus Motherboard with 16GB of ram and Intel I7 8700K Processor ...... MSI latest bios intalled 7B61V13 which according to the update notes updates RST to 16.0
    In reading the Intel install instructions it says I need to create a partition on the primary disk at the end of "a with at least 5MB of continuous unallocated space at the end of the boot volume" not sure how to do that .....from the reading here seems Windows Disk Management wont let you do that...........what is best Disk/Partition program to use for this? I am thinking it should be done prior to starting the install of the Optane Module.........

Also, would it be better to use the latest Intel Optane Drivers or proceed without...........Intel instructions are a little fuzzy but elude to if you use their drivers and have latest in your bios it will bypass some of the installation process?

Also any other tips and guidance for a smooth install would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

:)

tktk88, May 7, 2018
Thema:

New Install of Intel Optane Memory Module to Existing Windows 10 Pro

1. New Install of Intel Optane Memory Module to Existing Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Install Intel Optane

2. Windows Security / Intel Optane Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security / Intel Optane Memory: I am trying to download the SSD Toolbox program however Windows Security is blocking the Intel Optane Memory.Why is this happening?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-intel-optane-memory/e01860d0-a2ae-4031-889f-f12641d75eaf
  3. Windows Security / Intel Optane Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security / Intel Optane Memory: I am trying to download the SSD Toolbox program however Windows Security is blocking the Intel Optane Memory.Why is this happening?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-intel-optane-memory/e01860d0-a2ae-4031-889f-f12641d75eaf
  4. New Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management Help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management Help: Hello, The reason I am posting here is that I noticed that my Intel Rapid Storage Technology in my Control Panel is reaching its end of life and upon reading the notice it suggested I go to the MS Store and download the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management which I did...
  5. Intel Optane memory software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Optane memory software: I got an error message connected with Intel Optane memory software. It says that Unable to load DLL ' iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll ': The specified module could not be found...
  6. Check Intel(R) Optane(TM) memory module status

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Check Intel(R) Optane(TM) memory module status: I just got a new laptop, hp spectre, upgraded to the intel optane memory 32 gb. I want to check that the upgrade is there, however, when I go search through system information, I find that intel optane was added, but it doesn't say how much memory. I am absolutely NOT tech...
  7. Intel Optane memory question

Intel Optane memory question: I just got a new laptop, hp spectre, upgraded to the intel optane memory 32 gb. I want to check that the upgrade is there, however, when I go search through system information, I find that intel optane was added, but it doesn't say how much memory. I am absolutely NOT tech...
  8. Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error: Recently I got this error, I don't think i have Optane Memory as I have a Dell XPS 9570. I tried disabling Intel Optane Memory Service but it still pops up. When i go to Intel Rapid Storage Technology it also shows as it being disabled. [ATTACH]...
  9. Intel Optane memory module update

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Optane memory module update: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00114 Product family: Intel® Optane™ Impact of vulnerability: Information Disclosure Severity rating: Moderate Original release: 07/10/2018 Last revised: 07/10/2018 Summary: Information disclosure vulnerability in storage media in systems with Intel®...
  10. Intel Optane Memory

Intel Optane Memory: I'm waiting for an Intel Optane Memory Module to arrive. In the meantime I'm following up 3 Installation Media Preperation (Recommended Optional Step) in https://www.intel.com/content/dam/su...stallation.pdf https://www.intel.com/content/dam/su...stallation.pdf...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel optane memory pinning error

2. intel optane memory pinning dll missing

3. intel optane memory pinning

4. intel optane dll error windows 1903,
  5. intel optane(tm) memory pinning,
  6. intel optane memory pinning error 0x8007007,
  7. intel optane tm memory pinning error,
  8. intel optane memory pinning error dell xps 15,
  9. intel optane memory pinning error dell,
  10. intel memory pinning ,
  11. optane memory pinning unable to load dll,