Windows 10: New install of W10

Discus and support New install of W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have just installed Windows 10 dual boot with Windows 7, so it uses Windows 7 credentials. What a pig's ear Microsoft has made of this. Can't install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by worldstream, Oct 27, 2017.

1. New install of W10

Have just installed Windows 10 dual boot with Windows 7, so it uses Windows 7 credentials.
    What a pig's ear Microsoft has made of this. Can't install Firefox, can't set up my Hotmail account, can't install Tweekbit, in fact, can't install anything. Keeps wanting me to part with £30 to upgrade. This is a spare computer so I will go back to Windows 7. What have they done? They already have the monopoly, so why mess us about? Oh, and dosen't show Windows 7 on boot up either. Gates sucks.

:)

worldstream, Oct 27, 2017
  2. G.Ilex Win User

install 8.1 instead of w10 on new phone

You have to use the WDRT tool on a pc to flash a clean win 8.1 image

See for more info
    WDRT faq

G.Ilex, Oct 27, 2017
  3. install 8.1 instead of w10 on new phone

I bought a new 640. It has w10 on it, but I'd like to have 8.1 on it. How can I fix this. To many apps fon't work proper on w10

norbertsteenbrink, Oct 27, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

New install of W10

dalchina, Oct 27, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    What makes you think it is Microsoft and Gates' fault? Other people are still upgrading Windows 7 for free. It's your issue, not Microsoft's that is preventing you from doing it. But it's just easier to blame Microsoft, isn't it?

Officially, yes. But Microsoft is still allowing it.

NavyLCDR, Oct 27, 2017
  6. Hi,
    Thanks, guys. Figured out what the problem was. Not that technical but I when I tried to install Firefox it said certificate out of date. On checking the date was 2003. Re-set that and again on booting. All OK now. Starting from scratch installed W7 Prof., then upgraded to W10 online. All OK now. Just having a rant NavyLCDR, lighten up.

worldstream, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

New install of W10

1. New install of W10 - Similar Threads - install W10

2. Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...: Q2: I understood that W11 Home edition would not permit activation 0f Bitlocker but it seemed to be available. If I have activated it, can I de-activate, uninstall? And will that remove the need to install KB5034441???? I do not have the skills to do this and did not I needed...
  3. Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...: Q2: I understood that W11 Home edition would not permit activation 0f Bitlocker but it seemed to be available. If I have activated it, can I de-activate, uninstall? And will that remove the need to install KB5034441???? I do not have the skills to do this and did not I needed...
  4. Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Installing W10 from USB

Installing W10 from USB: HiHP Pavillion 500 desktop, 10 years old and painfully slow.Was running Windows 8.1. I purchased W10 to upgrade. Could not install on HP after downloading, starts and fails every time. So ended up downloading on HP laptop, along with Rufus assistant. Transferred both onto...
  6. Installing W10 from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing W10 from USB: HiHP Pavillion 500 desktop, 10 years old and painfully slow.Was running Windows 8.1. I purchased W10 to upgrade. Could not install on HP after downloading, starts and fails every time. So ended up downloading on HP laptop, along with Rufus assistant. Transferred both onto...
  7. Installing W10 from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?: Have four w10 machines. One laptop went white screen of death. Created a usb recovery drive. wants proof of purchase code. **** where do I find it? Have the cute little proof of purchase stickers from the OLD win 7 machines, my NT original discs, my disc with original windows...
  9. have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?

have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?: Have four w10 machines. One laptop went white screen of death. Created a usb recovery drive. wants proof of purchase code. **** where do I find it? Have the cute little proof of purchase stickers from the OLD win 7 machines, my NT original discs, my disc with original windows...
  10. have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging