Windows 10: New install of Win10 - cannot Add New User

Discus and support New install of Win10 - cannot Add New User in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I had to give up on Upgrade and instead do a fresh installation. But I am STILL having problems. Cannot add a new user. When I click "Add another... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Hannele2, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Hannele2 Win User

New install of Win10 - cannot Add New User

I had to give up on Upgrade and instead do a fresh installation.
    But I am STILL having problems. Cannot add a new user. When I click "Add another person to this PC" absolututely nothing happens. I assume this is not the intended behaviour. Seems to have happened a bit judging by the Google hit. Does anyone know how to fix it? Can't see anything obvious in Google.

:)

Hannele2, Jul 13, 2016

2. Cannot add new Windows10 User

Please answer all four (4) questions by number:

1. Did the computer come with Win10 preinstalled or did you upgrade a Win7 computer or a Win8.1 computer [<=PICK ONE!] to Win10?

2. Has a Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

3. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [<=PICK ONE!] come preinstalled on the computer
    when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

4. Have you ever run the Norton Removal Tool and/or the
    McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool
    ?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 13, 2016
  3. DougM62 Win User
    Cannot add new Windows10 User

Just upgraded to latest version of Windows10. Not able to add a new user account to my laptop that can successfully log-in. I can create the account, but when attempting to use the account for the first time the authentication process starts to log in
    and then abruptly signs out. The screen even says: Signing In....... Signing Out.

I have no issues with the primary Admin account on the device. How do I resolve this issue?

DougM62, Jul 13, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 13, 2016
  5. Hannele2 Win User
    Hi Brink! Nice to see you are still around! I almost thought you'd moved on to greener pastures and left the day to day responses to others. Lord knows we need you around with Windows 10 which seems to be full of "quirks"....
    As always when I come here I am boiling over with frustration with Microsoft......

I just found in Google something that seems to indicate that Local accounts cannot create new Accounts.
    Going to try this out now - with the real Administrator account and/or create a dummy MS account. I absolutely don't want my computer account linked to any MS online services.

Hannele2, Jul 13, 2016
  6. Hannele2 Win User
    Still a problem - but there are two alternative ways to add a new user. The new interface and the old. It still works in the old interface. Clearly there is something unstable in the new layer they put on Windows - affecting the start button not displaying and clicking on links such as this with nothing happening. No error message - nothing.

What's worse - there doesn't appear to be any fix and nobody knows much about how this new GUI works or how to troubleshoot it.

Very unimpressed to be getting a bug like this over a year after the launch.

Hannele2, Jul 19, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New install of Win10 - cannot Add New User - Similar Threads - install Win10 cannot

2. cannot add new user to my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot add new user to my laptop: I want to setup a new user account but when I go to set one up it is not allowing me to do it I am also have problems with updating apps on windows store this is why I want to setup a new user account and keep all my files and apps...
  3. cannot add new user to my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot add new user to my laptop: I want to setup a new user account but when I go to set one up it is not allowing me to do it I am also have problems with updating apps on windows store this is why I want to setup a new user account and keep all my files and apps...
  4. add a new user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    add a new user: HP Pavillion laptop, windows 10I want to add a new user to this laptop. This user does not have a Microsoft account. They don't want a Microsoft account. When I follow: Settings -> Accounts -> Family and other users -> Add someone else to this PC The dialog "requires" a phone...
  5. add a new user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add a new user: HP Pavillion laptop, windows 10I want to add a new user to this laptop. This user does not have a Microsoft account. They don't want a Microsoft account. When I follow: Settings -> Accounts -> Family and other users -> Add someone else to this PC The dialog "requires" a phone...
  6. add a new user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't seem to add a new user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't seem to add a new user: Hey there! I've started in a new school recently and we got our school account info, that we use for stuff like office 365 and generally getting into the school PCs. So I wanted to add that same user account into my PC, but I can't seem to figure out how. I'm running the...
  8. Windows 10 add new user

Windows 10 add new user: I deleted my previous account as it was bugged due to them nice ppl at microsoft, not fixing their product that they advertised on my system for months. Now when I go into add new user, I get a flash of a window and it disappears *Think Any commands to add the new user?...
  9. Cannot add new users

Cannot add new users: Hello all, I made the jump from 8.1 to Windows 10. All user accounts and setting seem to have carried over nicely. However, I would like to add an additional account. In Settings->Accounts->Family & other users, there is the button for Add a family member and one for Add...
  10. Install For New User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install For New User: I wanted to know if there was a way to install Windows 10 to the point where the user can finish the setup when they receive a laptop? I have never done that before personally. Thanks 106847