Windows 10: New Install W10x64 Pro - Cannot Discover any other Workgroup computer

Discus and support New Install W10x64 Pro - Cannot Discover any other Workgroup computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, Perhaps someone can help me. I am not a novice and seldom have to ask for help... This computer HAD Windows 10 Home but was corrupted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zorg, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Zorg Win User

New Install W10x64 Pro - Cannot Discover any other Workgroup computer

Hello Everyone,
    Perhaps someone can help me. I am not a novice and seldom have to ask for help...
    This computer HAD Windows 10 Home but was corrupted and running VERY slow.
    I took the opportunity to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro V17134.

The network consists of THIS computer, one Desktop W10 Home computer, one Desktop W7 Pro computer and a photocopy machine running W7 or something before that... I don't remember. There is also a W10 laptop occasionally.

The W10 Home computer sees all computers including the computer of concern. I have matched services. possible. The network is of course setup as Private. I tried turning off Windows Defender Firewall for the private network to no avail. I have not directly modified any Windows Defender Settings YET.

I should mention that I have no problem printing to the network printer!

The following services (and more) are turned on:
    Computer Browser
    Connected Devices Platform Services
    DHCP Client
    DNS Client
    Function Discovery Provider Host
    Function Discovery Resource Publication
    Network Connected Devices Auto-Setup
    Network Connection Broker
    Network List Service
    Network Location Awareness
    Network Store Interface Service
    Workstation

Any guidance at this point would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

2. Dey5252 Win User

Home Workgroup

Hi all,

Trying to connect to my computer at from my cell phone, (I did it before) BUT this time, I forgot the username or the password.

At home, I clicked on Leave workgroup and restarted my computer.

I created new workgroup, but it will not ask me for a password.

I thought by doing so, I would create a new workgroup and a new password. It didn't work.

What would you advise me to do?

Did I miss a step or am I doing it the wrong way?

Your help is very appreciated.

Dey5252, Jul 27, 2018
  3. In Windows 10 Home - why would you disable the ability to change the default workgroup name from "workgroup" to something else?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How are you trying to change the work group name?
    Have you tried as below steps if not I suggest you to follow as below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Click on “system”.
    • Then under “computer name, domain and workgroup settings” option.
    • Click on change “settings” on the right hand side.
    • Click on “computer name” tab.
    • Under the option “to rename this computer and change its domain or workgroup, click change”
      click on “change option”.
    • Under “computer name tab” enter the computer name accordingly and click on
      “ok”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 27, 2018
  4. BXtreme Win User

how to remove a pc from workgroup

i've run up in a problem...I was setting up a wlan with another pc from my new insp 1520 and ended up setting it right but with the exception of making an invalid entry in the pc's workgroup showing a "computer not found on the network". Now how can I remove it! ANy suggestions ??? *Confused New Install W10x64 Pro - Cannot Discover any other Workgroup computer :confused: OR HIDE IT PLZ!

BXtreme, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. New Install W10x64 Pro - Cannot Discover any other Workgroup computer - Similar Threads - Install W10x64 Pro

2. Cannot see any other network computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot see any other network computers: As of the last few days, I can no longer see any computers on my network other than the one I'm working on. All computer belong to workgroup WORKGROUP, all are running Windows 10 at whatever latest version Microsoft has decided to install, and things were working a week ago....
  3. Cannot Find Other Computers in Workgroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Find Other Computers in Workgroup: I did a fresh install of Windows 11 Version 21H2, OS build 22000.258 on an older HP Envy notebook. Yes, I know, it's not a fully-compliant machine. However, when I try to connect to other computers in the same workgroup, I have issues. The workgroup name is set correctly, and...
  4. Cannot Find Other Computers in Workgroup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Find Other Computers in Workgroup: I did a fresh install of Windows 11 Version 21H2, OS build 22000.258 on an older HP Envy notebook. Yes, I know, it's not a fully-compliant machine. However, when I try to connect to other computers in the same workgroup, I have issues. The workgroup name is set correctly, and...
  5. Cannot see any computers on WORKGROUP after latest updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see any computers on WORKGROUP after latest updates: Hi there What's up with Windows networking. After latest updates I can't see any computers on LAN apart from the one I'm logged on to (SMB1 etc all set OK). However if I change the name from WORKGROUP to anything else - everything is visible again. What's the problem with...
  6. can't discover other computer on network

can't discover other computer on network: I have spent a lot of time with 3 different techs at Microsoft trying to fix the lack of discovery on my wifi network. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-discover-other-computer-on-network/a9047407-7e56-4560-be00-48c28e979630
  7. Computers can't see each other on workgroup

Computers can't see each other on workgroup: Recently added both laptops to a workgroup as suggested here to enable file sharing and it worked perfectly. Then suddenly today 1 of the computers can't see the other one. Laptop 1 can't see laptop 2 1 did have a Pin as security while 2 had a password. I've changed 1 to...
  8. New Install W10x64 Pro - Cannot Discover any other Workgroup computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Install W10x64 Pro - Cannot Discover any other Workgroup computer: Hello Everyone, Perhaps someone can help me. I am not a novice and seldom have to ask for help... This computer HAD Windows 10 Home but was corrupted and running VERY slow. I took the opportunity to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro V17134. The network consists of THIS computer, one...
  9. BSOD W10x64 Pro - 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD W10x64 Pro - 0xc000021a: I upgraded from W7 x64 pro to W10 x64 pro. Everything transferred the machine was up and running. I usually leave it running and let the power settings put it to sleep and turn it off. I noticed it was on and went to go look and see BSOD. Tried restart, debug, reset and save...
  10. Cannot see other computers in workgroup

Cannot see other computers in workgroup: I have a home network defined by workgroup (not homegroup). Three computers are Windows 10 (vers 1703) and one is Windows Vista. One of the Windows 10 computers can not see any of the other network computers. Nor can it see any of the network devices (including the network...