Windows 10: New internet adapters appearing randomly

Discus and support New internet adapters appearing randomly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Picture tells more than a thousand words: [img] Last time I checked there were only five of those extra adapters. I thought they were made by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jiia, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Jiia Win User

New internet adapters appearing randomly

Picture tells more than a thousand words:

New internet adapters appearing randomly [​IMG]

Last time I checked there were only five of those extra adapters. I thought they were made by VirtualBox, but since then I haven't used VirtualBox and new adapters have still been appearing. Any ideas what could be causing this?

:)

2. Life after installation - issues

Have my new Ethernet Adapter. The new adapter still disconnects randomly (I switched off the power setting where the computer can switch it off if idle - to no effect). However I didn't disconnect from my game when the adapter switched off. It restarted
    quickly and didn't need me to use the troubleshooter.

When the adapter switches off I get the "de dum" sound of something disconnecting and the yellow "!" appears in the internet connection.

I think this is a serious issue with windows 10. The fact this has had no replies at all is worrying.

Greyhawk 1, Oct 17, 2015
  3. ErikKao Win User
    BSOD Crashes, error 0x000001d3

I've been getting several BSOD crashes with an error code of 0x000001d3. Using BlueScreenView, the errors seem to be coming from "qcamain10x64.sys"
    which is my built-in internet driver. Any help? They seem to appear randomly every hour of use or so.

Acer Aspire V 13 Touch, serial code V3-372T-5051

Internet is Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Adapter.

ErikKao, Oct 17, 2015
  4. New internet adapters appearing randomly

Do you have office 2013 installed? It can cause this.

sciencegeek, Oct 18, 2015
  5. Jiia Win User
    Hmm yes I do. Should I remove it or is there some sort of fix available?

BTW I removed all the adapters two weeks ago but one by one they kept coming back. Just checked and they're all there again.

Jiia, Nov 2, 2015
  6. Xiomax Win User
    Unfortunately I have this problem too and it is driving me crazy. Do you by coincidence also have the problem of your folder view settings not saving? For example, open a folder, change the view settings to something different, go to different folder and then back, has it reverted to something else?

I have a suspicion it is somehow connected

Xiomax, Nov 4, 2015
  7. Jiia Win User
    Nope. I just checked and I don't have that problem. However no new network adapters have appeared since removing Office 2013 so that might really have been the source of the problem.

Jiia, Nov 4, 2015
  8. Xiomax Win User

After some googling I found this method and it worked for me: LINK

Do the following& they will disappear

Win+R -> Type in "msinfo32" press Enter.
    Now you will see the following Console Window.
    MSinfo32 console
    In the left pane navigate to components ->Network -> Adapter Here you can see all the Network Adapters listed Find the TAP adapters and see the Driver location as shown in the below image

Location of TAP adapter driver
    I have given a sample image as i have already deleted the TAP adapters. Don't delete the Microsoft Adapters. Find the Tap adapters location in listed adapters & go to the location for example: "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\TAP.sys" and delete them.
    After this Just Go to device Management and uninstall the TAP adapters under Network Adapters.
    Note: While uninstalling tick the option "Delete the Driver" if asked for a prompt.
    That's it u r done

Xiomax, Nov 4, 2015
  9. Xiomax Win User
    Yes that was mentioned in the link I just posted as well.

Xiomax, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New internet adapters appearing randomly - Similar Threads - internet adapters appearing

2. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting: My internet keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. Its a Dell Windows 10Pro 22H2 - Dell Precision 5770 with Network Adapter: Realtek USB Gbe Family Controller Ethernet. I tried these steps below, no resolution yet:One thing I noticed, everytime the internet randomly...
  3. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting: My internet keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. Its a Dell Windows 10Pro 22H2 - Dell Precision 5770 with Network Adapter: Realtek USB Gbe Family Controller Ethernet. I tried these steps below, no resolution yet:One thing I noticed, everytime the internet randomly...
  4. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. BSOD appeared randomly during internet browsing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD appeared randomly during internet browsing: I get the CRITICAL PROCESS DIED error. I tried a few things on the internet, but they either didn't work or are not accessible:No new hardware or software installed, the latest thing I installed was a game and expansion a few days ago.Restart and continue does not...
  6. Wi-Fi Network Adapter and Bluetooth Network Adapter randomly appearing and dissapering...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wi-Fi Network Adapter and Bluetooth Network Adapter randomly appearing and dissapering...: I have another laptop created by ASUS the OEM 1-2 years ago with a brand nameX407MA-BV201T with 4 GB of RAM and an Intel Celeron N4000 and with a legitimate Windows 10 Home Single Language license already programmed by the OEM on the device which makes it easier to activate....
  7. Wireless network adapter will disconnect from internet randomly.

Wireless network adapter will disconnect from internet randomly.: Hi! I have an issue where my USB Wireless network adapter will disconnect from the internet randomly, however it doesn't fully disconnect from my home WiFi, that still works for some time, but websites will fail to load. Online games and apps like Discord also still work...
  8. internet adapters

internet adapters: My internet adapters have been lost. How do I recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-adapters/54ded64a-b18e-4bd8-990b-17bee78db9bb
  9. Wireless Internet Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Internet Adapter: So my PC was lagging as usual and I was in my task manager ending some unnecessary things and I must’ve ended a Network Service or something and now It’s saying it has driver problems but I deleted and re-installed all my drivers and now I can’t connect to the internet....
  10. Sign in to Chrome new tab randomly appearing

in Browsers and Email
    Sign in to Chrome new tab randomly appearing: This just started a couple of days ago, but every now and then when I open Chrome I'll get a new tab open automatically, and it will ask me to sign in to Chrome. I'm already signed in, and syncing everything, so why would it ask me to sign in again? Is this by design? I...