Windows 10: New Java jdk-8u112-windows-x64 will not install

Discus and support New Java jdk-8u112-windows-x64 will not install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 build 14942. The latest critical Java update will not install on any of 3 machines. It asks for permission to make changes, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jarome, Oct 18, 2016.

1. jarome Win User

New Java jdk-8u112-windows-x64 will not install

I am running Windows 10 build 14942. The latest critical Java update will not install on any of 3 machines. It asks for permission to make changes, and nothing happens. On one (of 3) machines, it says it is protecting me from bad things, I say install anyhow, and after I give permission, nothing happens again. I tried it as administrator with the same results.

:)

jarome, Oct 18, 2016

2. my java wont uninstall on my windows 10 pc

You will need to download and install JRE 8 update 91 and install it.

Then you should be able to uninstall it.

x86: http://download.oracle.com/otn/java/jdk/8u91-b15/jre-8u91-windows-i586.exe

x64: http://download.oracle.com/otn/java/jdk/8u91-b15/jre-8u91-windows-x64.exe

Where you find these links (have to ACCEPT the AGREEMENT above the version you want to download) : Java Archive Downloads - Java SE 8

Shenan Stanley, Oct 18, 2016
  3. Problem with insallation JDK from Oracle

Dear sir or madam

I have problem with installation JDK 8 on my computer. I use the OS Windows 10 Professional. When I start installation of the file jdk-8u131-windows-x64.exe, program nothing do. The window "Welcome to the Java Installation" is not visible. The Installation
    of JDK does not started. When I run Java uninstall Tool, run file JavaUninstallTool.exe, the program Uninstall Tool is running correctly, and I can see Window "Welcome to the Java Uninstall Tool". Would you like send my solution of this problem. I suppose
    that, the file jdk-8u131-windows-x64.exe is not compatibility with operating system Windows 10 Professional.

Thank you of your help.

Yours sincerely Peter

Would you like write me please, how can I send you the file attachment with print screens of my monitor?

PeterČernák, Oct 18, 2016
  4. imaref Win User

I installed the 64 bit java update today with no problems. Did you try turning off any antivirus/antimalware software temporarily, and then install it? Another option would be to uninstall both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Java first, reboot, then try to install the new ones.

imaref, Oct 19, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Are you using the Offline install? What third party security software are you running? Have you checked with Oracle's bug report system to see if anyone else is reporting issues with this version. There are issues with 101 with Windows 10. System Dashboard - Java Bug System

bro67, Oct 19, 2016
  6. jarome Win User
    I uninstalled BitDefender, but have never had a problem before. I think this is due to the new windows thing that pops up and says the software is dangerous. I only get the security pop-up on one system. Uninstalling the JDK and JRE does not change things.
    It will not install on 3 different systems.

jarome, Oct 19, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Do you need the Development kit(JDK) or the Runtime environment(JRE)?
    java - What is the difference between JDK and JRE? - Stack Overflow

Cliff S, Oct 19, 2016
  8. jarome Win User

I am a Java developer and need the jdk. As I indicated. There is a new Windows Fast Track update today. Hopefully this will be fixed...

jarome, Oct 19, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Ok, I asked, because, as you probably know, many confuse the two.

You did try from here?: Java SE Development Kit 8 - Downloads

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New Java jdk-8u112-windows-x64 will not install - Similar Threads - Java jdk 8u112

2. Unable to install latest Java jdk-17.0.9_windows-x64_bin.exe.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install latest Java jdk-17.0.9_windows-x64_bin.exe.: I accidentally started C-drive Shredding by File Shredder and then immediately I stopped. But, meanwhile, a few s/w installed files got corrupted. I fix many of the s/w errors by uninstalling them, removing them from Programm FIles & re-installing them.My Java installation...
  3. Unable to install latest Java jdk-17.0.9_windows-x64_bin.exe.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install latest Java jdk-17.0.9_windows-x64_bin.exe.: I accidentally started C-drive Shredding by File Shredder and then immediately I stopped. But, meanwhile, a few s/w installed files got corrupted. I fix many of the s/w errors by uninstalling them, removing them from Programm FIles & re-installing them.My Java installation...
  4. Please Help WIth Java 17 Known as JDK 17

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please Help WIth Java 17 Known as JDK 17: i Open the file and try to install it but nothing pops up even when i run it as admin and the old versions of Java are Deleted With The Proper Program And Also My System Is 64 Bit Please Help...
  5. Please Help WIth Java 17 Known as JDK 17

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Help WIth Java 17 Known as JDK 17: i Open the file and try to install it but nothing pops up even when i run it as admin and the old versions of Java are Deleted With The Proper Program And Also My System Is 64 Bit Please Help...
  6. Please Help WIth Java 17 Known as JDK 17

7. How to block installing oracle JDK on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to block installing oracle JDK on Windows: Hi,I have a requirement to restrict users/devices installing oracle JDK on Windows.Can you please help me with a recommended method?Thanks,Muja...
  8. How to block installing oracle JDK on Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to block installing oracle JDK on Windows: Hi,I have a requirement to restrict users/devices installing oracle JDK on Windows.Can you please help me with a recommended method?Thanks,Muja...
  9. Java isnt working with JDK and JRE

Java isnt working with JDK and JRE: Recently, I installed the JDK but some of the .jar programs which used the JRE without any problems stopped working properly. They wouldn't open at all. 132529
  10. The VPN stopped working after installing Java JDK 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The VPN stopped working after installing Java JDK 10.: "The remote connection was not made because the attempted VPN tunnels failed. The VPN server might be unreachable. If this connection is attempting to use an L2TP/IPsec tunnel, the security parameters required for IPsec negotiation might not be configured properly" I used...