Windows 10: New laptop can't be accessed by others on network

Discus and support New laptop can't be accessed by others on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; That is to say, it can't be accessed by some others on network! Dell XPS 15 9560 ~ Windows 10 Home (The others are all Windows 10 Pro) The XPS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by clemenzina, Jan 8, 2018.

1. New laptop can't be accessed by others on network

That is to say, it can't be accessed by some others on network!

Dell XPS 15 9560 ~ Windows 10 Home

(The others are all Windows 10 Pro)

The XPS is my "working" laptop, on which I surf/email/edit videos/etc-etc. The others merely screen-capture online webcams. Because editing from across a network is so laborious, I've set one of the laptops to save its recordings to a folder on the XPS, that was done a week or so ago. Now I've tried to do the same with 2 others and this is what I get:

New laptop can't be accessed by others on network [​IMG]

I've checked every mortal thing I can think of - the network is Private and the XPS has all the correct settings in Control Panel and password-protected sharing is definitely OFF.

(Incidentally, I recently changed all my laptops' sign-in from original passwords to my Microsoft a/c (after a Microsoft support fella messed up my then main laptop trying to sort out MS Office password failure), however none of my laptops require a sign-in, and I've just double-checked this one in netplwiz.)

Surely someone's made a utility that one can run and it'll solve all one's network problems *Banghead

If not, please think of something I can do *Sad

:)

clemenzina, Jan 8, 2018

2. Windows keeps asking for Network Credentials even though I turned off password requirements

I just bought a new laptop which has Windows 10 installed. I'm trying to introduce it to my current network of one PC, one laptop and a tablet. They can all talk to each other fine but I can't get the new laptop to access any of the other devices. I just
    get asked for 'network credientials'.

I have disabled passwords in the Networking section of Control Panel for all devices including the new laptop.

I also can't access the new laptop's shared folder. I made its D drive shared with full permissions but my other devices (old laptop is Win7, PC is Win8) are getting 'you do not have permission'. I can at least see the shared folder/volume but just can't
    get inside it.

andywalsh78, Jan 8, 2018
  3. steve_535 Win User
    Windows 10 can't leave "invited" Homegroup

I was able to setup the Homegroup this way and now I have two of my computers on the same Homegroup, however while the laptop can see the desktop it can't access it through the network or the homegroup and/or find the attached printer. On the other hand
    the desktop can access the laptop through the Network but not through the homegroup. When I try to access it through the Homegroup folder it asked me to join a homegroup, which of course it won't allow me to do from this folder. Any other thoughts?

steve_535, Jan 8, 2018
  4. AddRAM Win User

New laptop can't be accessed by others on network

Did you join the new laptop to your homegroup ? That`s all you have to do, and mark sure all the Network discovery items are turned on, and turn on what you want to share, it's that easy.

You have to get your Homegroup password from one of the other PC`s on your network to join the Homegroup.

It`s all right here *Smile

AddRAM, Jan 8, 2018
  5. I haven't used a Homegroup for donkeys' years, I just have everything set to share on the network. The thought of setting one up on 6 laptops, most of which I can hardly reach and all of which I can't read text on, is a nightmare.

That's not to say that yours is not a perfectly sensible suggestion, but I'll need an artificial stimulant to work up the energy first. Thank you, AddRAM *Smile

clemenzina, Jan 8, 2018
  6. Samuria Win User
    You setup the share and on the share gave everyone rights? But then you have to set NTFS permissions on the folder or you may have no rights on it.

It makes life simpler if you have on the PC your connecting to has an account with same name and password as the one your logged in with. By default when you connect Windows passes your username etc to login so if there is an account on there it accepts it

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New laptop can't be accessed by others on network

1. New laptop can't be accessed by others on network - Similar Threads - laptop can't accessed

2. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  3. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  4. Can't access files on other network computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access files on other network computers: I have four computers all attached to my home network. Until recently, I had been able to access documents across all my computers while attched to the home network. That has all disappeared. I can't even find the computers when I select Network in Windows Explorer. The...
  5. Can't access other IPs on my home network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't access other IPs on my home network: Hi everyone, So, I've got a small home network with a media center, a few wifi repeater and a few other computers. The thing is, after the latest update (KB4586819 1909), I can't seen any of these devices from my PC anymore. For example, if I type 192.168.2.17:8080 on my...
  6. Windows 10 network can't access other computers

Windows 10 network can't access other computers: I have setup file sharing on my computer and 2 laptops. MY laptops can access the shared files from all devices but my computer cannot access files from my laptop. When attempting to connect from my computer I receive the error Windows cannot accesss \\Laptop... . I set up...
  7. Can't access other computers on network

Can't access other computers on network: Of course it was working fine when on 1803 (after lots of tinkering) but now on 1809 I can't get to my other computers. I turned off password protection in network sharing so at least I can bring up the other computers but when I try to access the user etc I get access...
  8. can't access network drives on other computers,

can't access network drives on other computers,: I'm livid, I have three computers, one running windows 7, one running windows 10 pro and a new one with windows 10 home. I had some trouble but finally was able to make the files available between the windows 10 pro and the windows 7 computer, but this stupid windows 10...
  9. Can't access other user on home network, again

Can't access other user on home network, again: My wife's computer was just updated to Version 1709, and as with most Windows updates, I'm unable to access certain files/users/computers. This one is new, I can see her computer (JIMS-PC) just fine (Map Network Drive/Browse), but can't log into any of her folders. I can map...
  10. Laptop can't see others on network

Laptop can't see others on network: Have 2 laptops (Windows 10 Home) and a desktop (Windows 10 Pro), all on same network, same workgroup and all are joined to the same homegroup. All have up to date Windows 10 creators update. The problem is, Under network in file explorer, One laptop and the desktop can see...