Windows 10: New laptop crashes to restart during gaming

Discus and support New laptop crashes to restart during gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings, I have an ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS (https://amzn.to/2NukFdz), purchased in a 'Like New' condition off Amazon ~a week ago. All's working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OverLordGoldDragon, Jul 6, 2018.

1. New laptop crashes to restart during gaming

Greetings,

I have an ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS (https://amzn.to/2NukFdz), purchased in a 'Like New' condition off Amazon ~a week ago. All's working fine, except games sometimes crash to restart (CTR). The crash process is always the same: the game freezes for a few seconds, then the PC reboots.

The first game I ran was Depth. Within five mins of gameplay, CTR. Rebooted, ran again, crashed at menu screen in two mins. Several troubleshooting steps later, the game worked fine hours straight - but CTR still occurred once the next day, and the day after. Ran other games, no crash - I figured it may be from Depth's graphics intensity. Yesterday and today, however, a far less intensive game - No More Room in Hell - CTR'd also. I also noticed this time that prior to CTR the laptop was unreasonably heated rather quickly (~30 mins into the game), and more heated than ever for NMRiH. I've ran 30 min CPU stress-tests with Intel XTU and the heat was even slightly less.

I listed what I've tried to this point below. Help is appreciated.

TROUBLESHOOTING ATTEMPTED:

1. Ran latest Win 10 updates

2. Uninstalled graphics drivers and installed latest ones

3. Updated to latest DirectX

4. Installed latest Java

5. Windows factory reset

6. Executed System File Check

7. Completed Clean Boot check on startup programs and non-Microsoft Services

:)

OverLordGoldDragon, Jul 6, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Random laptop crashes in games.

thats alright bro, If it does turn out to be an overheating issue, I'll let you take all the credit for suggesting it

FreedomEclipse, Jul 6, 2018
  4. New laptop crashes to restart during gaming

Laptop Restarts While Gaming

I recently got a new laptop with windows 10 installed on it, I was told it was a fuly functional gaming worthy laptop however I find that when I play games like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, No Mans Sky or even Saints Row The Third my laptop restarts suddenly.
    It seems like my laptop does not care what game I'm playing or if its underworked , It only crashs when I have a game open. There is no apparent reason for it to restart and I'm at a loss, Please provide information if you have any.

lifelyflow, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

New laptop crashes to restart during gaming

1. New laptop crashes to restart during gaming - Similar Threads - laptop crashes restart

2. New PC crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC crashing during gaming: Hello,Hoping to get some help with this issue as I've tried quite a few different things to solve it.I'm running into a problem where my computer will crash during gaming. It doesn't happen with every game I play, seems to happen with specific ones. I'm wondering if it may be...
  3. New PC crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC crashing during gaming: Hello,Hoping to get some help with this issue as I've tried quite a few different things to solve it.I'm running into a problem where my computer will crash during gaming. It doesn't happen with every game I play, seems to happen with specific ones. I'm wondering if it may be...
  4. crashing during gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crashing during gaming.: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎7/‎15/‎2023 3:00 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff8b0eba96f010Parameter 2:...
  5. crashing during gaming.

crashing during gaming.: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎7/‎15/‎2023 3:00 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff8b0eba96f010Parameter 2:...
  6. Laptop crashes occasionally during Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashes occasionally during Gaming: Hey guys, thanks for the help in advance.I've attached two seperate .dmp files here:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vTOmMS9Y_qK6Vb0g5sNJw_B_lOpbyMyP?usp=drive_linkI am using the Universal Tuning Utility x86 to keep my CPU temperatures from going above 95°.My Laptop...
  7. Laptop crashes occasionally during Gaming

Laptop crashes occasionally during Gaming: Hey guys, thanks for the help in advance.I've attached two seperate .dmp files here:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vTOmMS9Y_qK6Vb0g5sNJw_B_lOpbyMyP?usp=drive_linkI am using the Universal Tuning Utility x86 to keep my CPU temperatures from going above 95°.My Laptop...
  8. New PC crashing during newer games but not old games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC crashing during newer games but not old games: Last week, I got a Cyberpower PC with a Ryzen 5800x and a GeForce 3070 normally I would build my own but it’s impossible to get parts right now. The motherboard is an ASRock B550AM Gaming, and the RAM is 16 GB DDR4 SRAM 3000 megahertz. I fired up the PC to play Warzone and it...
  9. Computer crashes during restart

Computer crashes during restart: Hi, Just recently, my computer refused to shut down properly. Upon shutdown or restarting, the computer would enter the shutdown/restart screen then after some time present a stopcode: driver_power_state_failure. I'm not sure what the issue is and any help would be...
  10. Crashes during gaming and followup crashes on restart

Crashes during gaming and followup crashes on restart: I was having similar issues on windows 7 X64, recently updated to 10, issues are still here. Computer will crash during gaming, sometimes it lasts a while or crashes pretty immediately, afterwards, attempting to start the computer will trigger many crashes during startup....