Windows 10: New laptop in problematic condition - fix or return?

Discus and support New laptop in problematic condition - fix or return? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings, I have an ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS, purchased in a 'Like New' condition off Amazon ~two weeks ago. Since day one, I've encountered minor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OverLordGoldDragon, Jul 14, 2018.

1. New laptop in problematic condition - fix or return?

Greetings,

I have an ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS, purchased in a 'Like New' condition off Amazon ~two weeks ago. Since day one, I've encountered minor problems ranging from desktop right-click taking an eternity to slight performance issues such as 'microstuttering' in gaming and scrolling through sites. The next day I installed the first game, Depth - which soon crashed to restart (CTR'd). Tried a far less intensive game, No More Room in Hell - ran fine for two days, then CTR'd also. The crash process is always the same: the game freezes for a few seconds, then the PC reboots.

Once, most Windows applications failed to run at all - starting with Microsoft Edge which got stuck on a blank screen and was unclickable, then other apps that either failed to load at all or did not function (clicking options did nothing, couldn't type in boxes). Games still worked, however - but also CTR'd. For every day since, games CTR'd every time once or a few times in the morning (none afterwards).

Smaller but notable problems are: Intel XTU exits unexpectedly, noting of possible 'platform instability'; each time I boot the PC, I need to sign into my Microsoft accounts all over again - including into OneDrive and Accounts in settings; pin login not working - stating it's due to security options being changed (while they aren't); PC will rarely freeze during regular web browsing - not responding to clicks/typing in browser window and halting all browser processes.

Is all of this indicative of an unhealthy system? Even if I don't see problems further a while down, I have a reason for concern: I haven't done anything to cause such performance failures, and I don't see why a new laptop would break on its own (and so soon) this way. Should I consider returning the laptop?

TROUBLESHOOTING ATTEMPTED:

1. Ran latest Win 10 updates

2. Uninstalled graphics drivers and installed latest ones

3. Updated to latest DirectX

4. Installed latest Java

5. Windows factory reset

6. Executed System File Check

7. Completed Clean Boot check on startup programs and non-Microsoft Services

8. Executed DISM scan & repair

9. Windows refresh

:)

OverLordGoldDragon, Jul 14, 2018
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Return old hard drive to like new condition, how ?

Can the secure delete utilities like HDDerase or Darik's Boot and Nuke return an old mechanical HDD to like new factory condition ?

After wiping the HDD, will there be a performance difference between a new HDD and wiped HDD ?

wolf2009, Jul 14, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Munki Win User

New laptop in problematic condition - fix or return?

laptop LCD not turning on..

Here is a tip is you cant fix it, make it noticeable that you broke it...step on it *Wink New laptop in problematic condition - fix or return? ;) "Oh my gawd, did i step on your lil ol laptop, im terribly sorry" Then she has no choice but to buy a new one.

Munki, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

New laptop in problematic condition - fix or return?

1. New laptop in problematic condition - fix or return? - Similar Threads - laptop problematic condition

2. PROBLEMATIC APP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PROBLEMATIC APP: I HAVE SOME ISSUE WITH APP ON MY PHONE THAT STUCKS ALL THE TIME ALSO WHEN I TRY TO SIGN IN WHAT CAN I DO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problematic-app/0c096e63-bc0b-4d5c-bdd3-2cb90d113c33
  3. PROBLEMATIC APP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PROBLEMATIC APP: I HAVE SOME ISSUE WITH APP ON MY PHONE THAT STUCKS ALL THE TIME ALSO WHEN I TRY TO SIGN IN WHAT CAN I DO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problematic-app/0c096e63-bc0b-4d5c-bdd3-2cb90d113c33
  4. PROBLEMATIC APP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how do I fix a 401 condition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I fix a 401 condition: I have a 401 authorisation required message on one website how do I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-a-401-condition/3f3b7906-a7d6-47ce-bcc7-2d1085d1a863
  6. Return to Factory condition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Return to Factory condition: My wife has an HP notebook with windows 10 installed (don't know what version (probably home) of Windows 10 it is). It has a virus (says from Microsoft, but locks the computer up every time it open) that comes up when any browser is opened. I need to know how to return the...
  7. Problematic computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problematic computer: Hi, I’ve been having a lot of problems with my computer lately. I was hoping you could help. It started out as a loop of blue screens of death which turned into a driver not found. My dad reset it to factory settings which made the computer work again, but today I got the...
  8. New laptop 4p12-19. Return?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New laptop 4p12-19. Return?: New notebook 4-12-19. On 4-19-19 I restored to April 12 as it would not reboot in timely manner. About a hour later got blue screen error, "collecting information and shutting down computer." Then when it came back on said "Diagnosing to attempt repair." Then "could not...
  9. problematic bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problematic bitlocker: Hi, I have Samsung R540 and I recently locked one of my drive using bitlocker but after using it for sometime it wouldn't open and now it give me these message "the bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of windows. Try opening the drive using a...
  10. problematic bitlocker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problematic bitlocker: Hi, I have Samsung R540 and I recently locked one of my drive using bitlocker but after using it for sometime it wouldn't open and now it give me these message "the bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of windows. Try opening the drive using a...