Windows 10: new laptop transfer files

Discus and support new laptop transfer files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a new laptop and want to get everything off the old one and onto the new one. I tried to find a USB transfer cored but had no luck and now I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianReese1, Aug 4, 2018.

1. new laptop transfer files

I have a new laptop and want to get everything off the old one and onto the new one. I tried to find a USB transfer cored but had no luck and now I am sitting here wasting valuable time when I need to be working. Someone know what I should be doing here?

:)

BrianReese1, Aug 4, 2018

2. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 4, 2018
  3. BruceT1 Win User
    Transfering files to a new laptop

Should I also transfer my appdata file to my new laptop?

BruceT1, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Steevo Win User

new laptop transfer files

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

new laptop transfer files

1. new laptop transfer files - Similar Threads - laptop transfer files

2. Transfer files from old to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer files from old to new laptop: I am wanting to transfer wanted files, documents downloads and else from my old Dell Latitude E7450 damaged but working laptop to my newer Dell Latitude 7490. Is there a smart way to do this besides using a flashdrive and manually loading them onto it and then dropping them...
  3. Transfer files from old to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer files from old to new laptop: I am wanting to transfer wanted files, documents downloads and else from my old Dell Latitude E7450 damaged but working laptop to my newer Dell Latitude 7490. Is there a smart way to do this besides using a flashdrive and manually loading them onto it and then dropping them...
  4. Laptop Outlook - Transfer to a New Laptop

Laptop Outlook - Transfer to a New Laptop: Something went wrong with my Windows 7. I will figure it out in due time. But for now, I just want to copy and paste the appropriate Outlook files from my Windows 7 to my Windows 10 computer. In Windows 10, I already created a non-email Outlook user profile with the pst...
  5. Transfer PROGRAMS and files to new win 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer PROGRAMS and files to new win 10 laptop: Hi all, Can someone tell me how to transfer PROGRAMS, files and settings from my old windows 10 laptop to my new windows 10 laptop? I want to transfer the programs also, not just the file and settings. Also, both systems are 32 bit. Thanks John...
  6. Data transfer to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data transfer to new laptop: Hello, What is the best way to transfer data from an old HP Win 10 laptop to new HP Win 10 laptop? Old laptop: 16GB RAM, 1TB hard drive ~450GB used, Win 10 Home 64 New laptop: 16GB RAM, 1TB hard drive + 256GB M.2 SSD, Win 10 Home 64 Plus I assume the OS will be loaded on...
  7. Transferring application to new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring application to new laptop: Case #: 1487872524 I have purchased a new laptop which I intend to use while traveling. I am trying to transfer an old MS application, "Streets and Trips", which I use for directions. This application is no longer supported, but is still useful for me. I transferred the...
  8. Transfer old laptop to new

Transfer old laptop to new: Can someone please let me know how to transfer as much as possible from my old Windows 10 laptop to a new one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-old-laptop-to-new/5fc63d8d-751c-446a-aad5-5f587e816202
  9. Transfer files on ClickFree to new Laptop

Transfer files on ClickFree to new Laptop: I purchased a new laptop and Inspiron 15 3000, and successfully downloaded most of my files, including photos. I need advice on how to now transfer them to my new laptop, please....
  10. Transfer SSD to new laptop

Transfer SSD to new laptop: My laptop is on its last legs and needs replacing. But it has a good SSD with Windows 10 and lots of data on it which I want to keep. Can I buy a new laptop with no HDD or OS and transfer my existing SSD complete with OS straight into it? Am I allowed to transfer my existing...