Windows 10: new laptop will not let me download an antivirus

Discus and support new laptop will not let me download an antivirus in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; brand new laptop win 10 , will not let me install program from outside Microsoft store ? paid $ for new antivirus will not let me install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rickholster, Jul 13, 2018.

1. new laptop will not let me download an antivirus

brand new laptop win 10 , will not let me install program from outside Microsoft store ?

paid $ for new antivirus will not let me install

#Frustrated

:)

rickholster, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Jul 13, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 13, 2018
  4. new laptop will not let me download an antivirus

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

new laptop will not let me download an antivirus

1. new laptop will not let me download an antivirus - Similar Threads - laptop let download

2. Microsoft will not let me download my new Canon printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft will not let me download my new Canon printer: For two days I've adempted to download info for my new Canon Printer. Microsoft blocks each attempt. I follow the instructions to turn off the firewall, that does not work. Your instructions are OUT OF DATE and without a help desk "US" customers suffer...
  3. Microsoft will not let me download my new Canon printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft will not let me download my new Canon printer: For two days I've adempted to download info for my new Canon Printer. Microsoft blocks each attempt. I follow the instructions to turn off the firewall, that does not work. Your instructions are OUT OF DATE and without a help desk "US" customers suffer...
  4. New Laptop won't let me do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop won't let me do anything: So I got a new laptop Dell G16 7620, charged it and updated it, tried logging in and it wouldn't let me. So I skipped for the moment to set up the rest of the computer and it wouldn't let me. After a lot of googling I got onto Windows 10 and was finally able to set up the...
  5. New Laptop won't let me do anything

New Laptop won't let me do anything: So I got a new laptop Dell G16 7620, charged it and updated it, tried logging in and it wouldn't let me. So I skipped for the moment to set up the rest of the computer and it wouldn't let me. After a lot of googling I got onto Windows 10 and was finally able to set up the...
  6. Downloaded new update on my laptop, now won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded new update on my laptop, now won't let me sign in: I recently downloaded a new update on my surface laptop 2It brings up blue screen asking "choose if you want to keep signing in with your face or fingerprint"Regardless of which option I choose the next screen shows "Something went wrong but you can try again" and in yellow...
  7. Downloaded new update on my laptop, now won't let me sign in

Downloaded new update on my laptop, now won't let me sign in: I recently downloaded a new update on my surface laptop 2It brings up blue screen asking "choose if you want to keep signing in with your face or fingerprint"Regardless of which option I choose the next screen shows "Something went wrong but you can try again" and in yellow...
  8. Downloaded new update on my laptop, now won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Not letting me download anything!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not letting me download anything!!!: Im just trying to reset my computer and it says i need to clear up space. Anything i try to uninstall or delete says it cannot find the file. It wont let me download ANYTHING or uninstall anything. It tells me to save then as soon as i hit run the error message pops up. Never...
  10. An antivirus that lets me make the decision

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    An antivirus that lets me make the decision: Hi. I've just given Avast a try and the initial scan identified the usual tracking cookies and one 'vulnerable software'. There was no way to find what software it was referring to and the only action offered was 'resolve all'. Was it intending to update the software or...