Windows 10: New laptop with no dvd access

Discus and support New laptop with no dvd access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all,my daughter bought me a new laptop without cd player or burner.Hope I said that right.Just has usb ports. That's ok with me cuz really don't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eore, Jun 18, 2017.

1. eore Win User

New laptop with no dvd access

Hi all,my daughter bought me a new laptop without cd player or burner.Hope I said that right.Just has usb ports.
    That's ok with me cuz really don't need it.Here's the thing,it came with Kaspersky Internet Security free for 6
    months.It's on a disc,is there anyway to install it.Hope this makes sense.

:)

2. RDavidB Win User

DVD drive in Windows 10

I've just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed and cannot access the DVD drive. Other questions on this issue seem to refer to upgrades to Windows 10 rather than a pre-installed version.

RDavidB, Jun 18, 2017
  3. Flight Simulater X Gold Edition.

Several years ago I purchased Flight Simulator X Gold Edition which includes 2 DVD's and the acceleration Expansion Pack. Now I wish to load it on my new Windows 10 laptop which does not have a DVD drive.

Please provide link that allows me to access FSX so that I may activate using the Product Keys on each of my DVD's. Hopefully the same access will enable me to load MS Combat Simulator and MS Train Simulator.

Thank you,

Phil

PhilHenrich, Jun 18, 2017
  4. eore Win User

Sorry folks,what an idiot I am.Opened up the case and no cd inside.Had to go to the website to download the program.Sorry,for wasting your time.

5. prikker Win User
    One who makes no mistakes, makes nothing*Wink

prikker, Jun 18, 2017
  6. torre Win User
    Nice Father's Day present !

torre, Jun 19, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    Never silly to make an error. What is silly if you do not learn from it!

As an aside, you can buy external usb dvd drives very cheaply eg from Amazon. It is handy now and again as not all software is downloadable from web, and of course you can play normal dvd videos on pc as well.

cereberus, Jun 19, 2017
  8. eore Win User

Thanx folks for the support,don't feel so bad now,Tony.

9. pparks1 Win User
    As cereberus said, you can get an inexpensive external that connects via USB for those rare instances you need one. I just keep one on hand at home.

pparks1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New laptop with no dvd access - Similar Threads - laptop dvd access

2. How to install Windows 11 on a new laptop with no DVD player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Windows 11 on a new laptop with no DVD player?: I bought Windows 11 as a DVD for my new laptop which has no DVD player. Now I want to add the Windows to a flash drive using my old laptop with a DVD player so I can install it on the new laptop. Can you guide me through this process, please?...
  3. How to install Windows 11 on a new laptop with no DVD player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Windows 11 on a new laptop with no DVD player?: I bought Windows 11 as a DVD for my new laptop which has no DVD player. Now I want to add the Windows to a flash drive using my old laptop with a DVD player so I can install it on the new laptop. Can you guide me through this process, please?...
  4. access to new laptop with pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    access to new laptop with pin: my new laptop wont accept my pin even though i created it and put ift in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-new-laptop-with-pin/7d906952-a0af-4ae9-84f5-95afba995802
  5. access to new laptop with pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    access to new laptop with pin: my new laptop wont accept my pin even though i created it and put ift in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-new-laptop-with-pin/7d906952-a0af-4ae9-84f5-95afba995802
  6. access to new laptop with pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. laptop dvd player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop dvd player: All im tring to do is play a dvd on my laptop disc player can u help me figure it out any0ne pleas.e Ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-dvd-player/90f822a0-ef82-4dc0-9dbb-36f6564d16a6
  8. DVD QUICK ACCESS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD QUICK ACCESS: HOW DO I REMOVE IT OFF MY MAIN SCREEN. IT WILL NOT LET ME RIGHT CLICK THE MOUSE, AND REMOVE IT SO PLEASE. MY E-MAIL IS / *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-quick-access/22a3d410-3afe-4f96-8047-e13ec21c9da2"
  9. New laptop remote access issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New laptop remote access issues: Hi My friend has just bought a new Acer laptop and I'm trying to connect to it using Team Viewer so I can set it up for her The problem is that her computer is not letting team viewer or any other program initiate a remote connection. When team viewer is started the...
  10. Unable to load DVD program on new laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to load DVD program on new laptop: I have a new laptop. I also have a DVD program which I have used for years but I cannot get it to load on the new system. I initially loaded it on Windows 7 but I was running Windows 10 on my old laptop and it ran ok. How can I get it loaded....