Windows 10: New laptop

Discus and support New laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey guys bought a new Dell inspiron 15 with windows 10 and did a lot reading on free antiviruses and decided to go with only windows Defender and do my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gordie, Feb 20, 2018.

1. gordie Win User

New laptop

Hey guys bought a new Dell inspiron 15 with windows 10 and did a lot reading on free antiviruses and decided to go with only windows Defender and do my updates daily so I get my definitions for windows defender plus security updated for the system I usually use Malwarebytes but the same applies as the free antivirus software its free then when it finds something it take you to anther stage too pay to get rid of it am I right or wrong

:)

gordie, Feb 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 media player won't play mpg video files

The only thing I would suggest is to search for PowerDVD From C:\

Make sure to search through hidden files too.

New Laptop owner, Feb 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 media player won't play mpg video files

This recommendation to use Cyberlink helped quite a bit. I am now able to see my *.mpg videos.

1. In Windows Explorer, right click on a file with an MPG extension. Select Properties.

2. Go to Opens With - > Change

3. Scroll down until you find "More apps" then "look for another app on this pc"

4. Navigate to the PowerDVD14 directory and select the PowerDVD file. It is the second one from the bottom.

5. Then Select Open.

6. Select Okay. The mpg file extension should now be associated with Cyberlink and open the video.

7. Good Luck!

New laptop [​IMG]

New Laptop owner, Feb 20, 2018
  4. Bat 1 Win User

New laptop

Wrong. You don't have to pay to remove anything Malwarebytes finds

Bat 1, Feb 20, 2018
  5. gordie Win User
    Okay thanks sorry for the dumb question just done too much reading online and I only have windows defender so okay I'll add Malwarebytes thanks dude

gordie, Feb 20, 2018
  6. mrgeek Win User
    I use both, like many here. The MB Premium does have active monitoring, scheduled scans (incl Flash) and some extra layers, if that's important to you to prevent infections before they take hold. Otherwise, run MB Free scan intermittently and you can quarantine and remove infections on that version too.

mrgeek, Feb 21, 2018
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    I use both, also. MBAM and Defender play nicely together. Some key factors in the MB Pro are it's active protection components.

New laptop [​IMG]

Two layers of junkyard dogs at the gate.

f14tomcat, Feb 21, 2018
  8. CountMike New Member

New laptop

Too much for me, slows internet down and makes too many false claims. WD + MB free with which I comb system after any suspicious activity and periodically. WD is now catching some stuff MB is designed for so even that may become obsolete. Firefox and other browsers are also getting in same game trying to stop suspicious sites from installing and even opening known bad sites.

CountMike, Feb 21, 2018
  9. MBAM will have no problems running alongside Defender.

RoasterMen, Feb 21, 2018
  10. Porthos Win User
    What might that be?

Porthos, Feb 22, 2018
  11. Bree New Member
  12. torre Win User
    Windows Defender performs well protecting my system.

But why can't they integrate PUP/PUA protection and eliminate the need for a reg file or power shell process ?

torre, Feb 23, 2018
  13. Bree New Member

New laptop

Microsoft, for some reason I cannot fathom decided it was only of interest to their Enterprise customers, managed centrally by their network administrators. See their documentation...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/win...nder-antivirus

It's a shame, because it works just as well in 10 Home.

Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10 (post 45)

14. Porthos Win User
    Porthos, Feb 27, 2018
  15. CountMike New Member
    Once that feature is introduced it's just a matter of maintaining signature data base.

CountMike, Feb 27, 2018
Thema:

New laptop

1. New laptop - Similar Threads - laptop

2. my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...: laptop is only two years old but the shift key now comes on without me pressing it and i cannot get rid of it without restarting my laptop is there a quick fix as i am pretty sure its not the fault of sticky keys...
  3. my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...: laptop is only two years old but the shift key now comes on without me pressing it and i cannot get rid of it without restarting my laptop is there a quick fix as i am pretty sure its not the fault of sticky keys...
  4. this is my laptop i have hellow face but it didn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this is my laptop i have hellow face but it didn't work: i have hellow face but it didn't work i have nice cam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-is-my-laptop-i-have-hellow-face-but-it-didnt/53acb789-2cd8-41d9-b33d-200b9f32a6ab
  5. this is my laptop i have hellow face but it didn't work

this is my laptop i have hellow face but it didn't work: i have hellow face but it didn't work i have nice cam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-is-my-laptop-i-have-hellow-face-but-it-didnt/53acb789-2cd8-41d9-b33d-200b9f32a6ab
  6. this is my laptop i have hellow face but it didn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  8. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  9. Microsoft hijacked my laptop and installed Windows 11 without my consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft hijacked my laptop and installed Windows 11 without my consent: Windows 11 was installed without my permission yesterday when I tried to switch back to Windows 10 the button was greyed out and said theat windows 11 was installed more than 10 days ago. How do I get windows 10 back?...
  10. Microsoft hijacked my laptop and installed Windows 11 without my consent

Microsoft hijacked my laptop and installed Windows 11 without my consent: Windows 11 was installed without my permission yesterday when I tried to switch back to Windows 10 the button was greyed out and said theat windows 11 was installed more than 10 days ago. How do I get windows 10 back?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 server file attribute nlo download