Windows 10: New LibreOffice release 6.1

Discus and support New LibreOffice release 6.1 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; New Libreoffice fresh release 6.1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvoCpnwGNFU 115654 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by roy111, Aug 9, 2018.

1. roy111 Win User

New LibreOffice release 6.1

roy111, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Antilope Win User

LibreOffice 4.2.0 Beta 2

LibreOffice is now up to version 4.4.4.3. Works great for me in Windows 10 Pro x64.
    They seem to come out with an updated version quarterly.

For me, who is semi-retired, it's a perfect program suite for home use. I don't need the horsepower of the MS Office suite. LibreOffice is able to read and write MS Office format files. Best of all, it's free.

Here is a tweak (found on a blog site) to speed up LibreOffice, especially if you work with large document or spreadsheet files. This will remove any lag the program seems to have when accessing and editing those large files.

-----

This is a tweak for LibreOffice memory settings.

To access this memory option, from the LibreOffice Menu Bar, Click TOOLS-> OPTIONS-> MEMORY.

Change the default settings in the drop down boxes to those listed below.

Also check the box to allow LibreOffice to load when Windows starts.

==========

Undo
    -Number of Steps - 100

Graphics cache
    -Use for LibreOffice - 200 MB
    -Memory per object - 10.0 MB
    -Remove from Memory after - 00:10 hh:mm

Cache for inserted objects
    -Number of objects - 50

LibreOffice Quickstarter
    (X) Enable systray Quickstarter

==========

Click OK, exit LibreOffice and re-start your computer.

LibreOffice is now optimized to handle larger files. Any lag it had before now goes away.

Antilope, Aug 9, 2018
  3. BUG
    bug Win User
    OpenOffice vs LibreOffice

Oracle held onto OpenOffice while virtually every developer switched sides and went on to work on LibreOffice (note that Oracle did not announce any further plans about OpenOffice during this period, other that their refusal to let the new community use the name "OpenOffice"). Only when it became painfully clear they'll never be able to monetize it, they offloaded it to Apache*.

For years, I haven't have to choose between OpenOffice or LibreOffice (horrible name, btw), but rather I had to come up with reasons to fire up LibreOffice when Google Docs works so well.

*Oracle also offloaded Netbeans to Apache and after many years we now have a new Java release with no support from Netbeans (Java9 features are supported, but there's no Netbeans release that runs on top of Java9). That's just to show well these transitions work.

4. New LibreOffice release 6.1

OpenOffice vs LibreOffice

This. Oracle bought OpenOffice, all the developers jumped ship creating LibreOffice. Now Apache has OpenOffice but little in the way of development. OpenOffice might as well be dead.

"Libre" is French for "free." *cough*Free from Oracle.*cough*

FordGT90Concept, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

New LibreOffice release 6.1

1. New LibreOffice release 6.1 - Similar Threads - LibreOffice release

2. LibreOffice on Windows Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LibreOffice on Windows Server: Hello everyone. Can't solve the problem in Java Web Application. The application has been in production for several years now, I only add new functionality if necessary. For the last half of the year, all that had to be done was to update the libraries. But starting from...
  3. LibreOffice on Windows Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LibreOffice on Windows Server: Hello everyone. Can't solve the problem in Java Web Application. The application has been in production for several years now, I only add new functionality if necessary. For the last half of the year, all that had to be done was to update the libraries. But starting from...
  4. Libreoffice "can't be downloaded securely"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Libreoffice "can't be downloaded securely": On my father's computer Windows 10, when he tries to download LibreOffice using Edge, he gets the message that the file "can't be downloaded securely." If he tries on Chrome, the download is silently blocked.I have found that Edge at least gives an option to "Keep Anyway",...
  5. to all whose LibreOffice loads up slow

to all whose LibreOffice loads up slow: Hi folks, I just wanted to share my experience with LibreOffice. After clean install of Windows from MCT, I had sometimes troubles running LibreOffice in a normal way. This is happening not for first time. It took 30 to 40 seconds to open a single file. However, the problem...
  6. Strange behavior discovered in LibreOffice and hopefully fixed

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange behavior discovered in LibreOffice and hopefully fixed: Hi, folks, one thing gave me lots of headaches last week. It is about LibreOffice program, which is opening the spread sheet and draw files extremely slow. Task manager says that LO is not responding for a few seconds and then after 20 or even more seconds, the file is...
  7. Libreoffice Calc malfunctioning/miscalculating

Libreoffice Calc malfunctioning/miscalculating: Coming from Linux I have some accounts in a LibreOffice "ods" spreadsheet file that I was using no problem. I installed LO 7 in Windows 10 and it seemed to working ok, but I didn't use it much. There is a macro in the file that I wrote myself and it wouldn't start until I...
  8. Snip & Sketch - cannot paste image into Libreoffice after Windows update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip & Sketch - cannot paste image into Libreoffice after Windows update: I recently bought a new laptop. On the first day of use, I was able to paste an image from Snip & Sketch into Libreoffice no problems. The only strange behaviour was that Snip & Sketch opened a new window every time I clicked new snip Then there was a small Windows...
  9. Need Help With LibreOffice

Need Help With LibreOffice: Hi all, I was trying LibreOffice and have a problem. I have a file with all my MS Word Docs in it and one with all my MS Excel files. When I open WRITER and tell it to use the Word Docs file it does and when I open CALC and tell it to use the Excel file it does. Here is the...
  10. New LibreOffice 6.1 released

in Windows 10 News
    New LibreOffice 6.1 released: New Libreoffice fresh release 6.1 Download: Download LibreOffice | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People Full release notes: LibreOffice 6.1: Release Notes - The Document Foundation Wiki JvoCpnwGNFU 115654

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 libreoffice 6.1 open files slowly

2. could not create shortcut for libra office 6.1

3. unable to load libra office 6.1 after update