Windows 10: New Local User Not Appearing on Logon Screen

Discus and support New Local User Not Appearing on Logon Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having an issue with trying to add new local users in windows 10. I went into accounts/other people and add someone else to this pc and created a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by al ch11, Aug 22, 2018.

1. al ch11 Win User

New Local User Not Appearing on Logon Screen

I am having an issue with trying to add new local users in windows 10. I went into accounts/other people and add someone else to this pc and created a new local administrator. However when i log out or attempt to switch user no others appear in the bottom left apart from a "Other User", which was there before I added the new account. Whenever I click on it it prompts me to "Sign into your school or work account" with an email and password. I tried entering my microsoft account but it wouldn't log me in.

I did a bit of searching around and the nearest thing i could come to a solution was given by the youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qobIM7rvJM. However it had no effect, I checked and the task had successfully changed the registry value upon startup.

I also made sure that Interactive logon: don't display last user was disabled in Local Group Policy editor.

I am completely stumped and would greatly appreciate some help, thanks in advance.

:)

al ch11, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 Add New Local User Fails with "Something went wrong" message

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Did you use the same Microsoft account to setup user account on this computer?
    I would suggest you to create a new local user account using the below steps

Steps:

• From the desktop press Windows flag key + R

• And type netplwiz and click ok.
    This will open user account window click add and follow the onscreen instruction to create a new local account.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Arul_D, Aug 22, 2018
  3. jackin Win User
    Windows 10 sometimes show my user account at logon screen, but most of the time i get Other User. How can i fix it?

• First i'm not changing my username.
    • Already have local username.
    • Issue is sometimes it appears when i first turn on my computer sometimes it won't & just shows "Other User".
    • I'm using standard user account and need to keep this setting.
    • All i'm asking is how do i get my local user account to always show on the logon screen.

jackin, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

How do I change log on from microsoft email logon to a local log on

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to create a new Local user account and check if that helps you.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “User Accounts” and click on “Manage another Account”.

• Click on “Add a new user in PC Settings”. Follow the on screen directions to complete the process.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. New Local User Not Appearing on Logon Screen - Similar Threads - Local User Appearing

2. New local user appeared in login screen but can't login to it, edit it or find where to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    New local user appeared in login screen but can't login to it, edit it or find where to...: I'm really confused about this.I used to log in with my local account named "Sloth" and it's always been the first in the login screen, There's no files or anything for this one in the user files so it just always logged in automaticallyBut at some point something happened...
  3. New local user appeared in login screen but can't login to it, edit it or find where to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New local user appeared in login screen but can't login to it, edit it or find where to...: I'm really confused about this.I used to log in with my local account named "Sloth" and it's always been the first in the login screen, There's no files or anything for this one in the user files so it just always logged in automaticallyBut at some point something happened...
  4. New local user appeared in login screen but can't login to it, edit it or find where to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Logon screen appearing prematurely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logon screen appearing prematurely: I have two machines both running Win 11 Pro latest update. Both machines are set to have a screensaver start after 30 minutes, which works fine on both. However, I have the same problem on both- the screen will change to the logon screen without warning, at intervals ranging...
  6. Logon screen appearing prematurely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logon screen appearing prematurely: I have two machines both running Win 11 Pro latest update. Both machines are set to have a screensaver start after 30 minutes, which works fine on both. However, I have the same problem on both- the screen will change to the logon screen without warning, at intervals ranging...
  7. Other User on logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other User on logon screen: Hi, the laptop given to me by my school suddenly started saying other user on logon, I am not the administrator is there anyway to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-user-on-logon-screen/dbadf391-f7b2-44a2-aef4-dd4257875d3a
  8. Windows Logon Screen Not Appearing

Windows Logon Screen Not Appearing: On startup the laptop with Windows 10 Pro edition logon screen is not appearing. Even try to press the enter, escape keys won't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logon-screen-not-appearing/35f40ce4-c80b-4bea-9c96-c174bb813a80
  9. A New User Appears

in Windows 10 Customization
    A New User Appears: When I log onto my computer all of a sudden there is a new user that appears. Windows picks this one to try and let me sign into it. I do not know how it was created or when it was created. All I want to do is remove this user from my computer. I hit any key and I am able to...
  10. newly created local account doesn't appear on long screen, can't logon.

newly created local account doesn't appear on long screen, can't logon.: A client got a new intel Nuc. He logged on with his Microsoft account and I then setup two local accounts for 'public' and admin use. Neither of the two local accounts is visible on the logon screen. If I hit 'Other user', and select password, it asks for an email...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. local user not appearing in login screen

2. local user account not appearing

3. local user not appearing in windows