Windows 10: New Macrium Reflect Update

Discus and support New Macrium Reflect Update in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225 46206 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by hTconeM9user, Apr 3, 2016.

1. New Macrium Reflect Update

New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated
    Version 6.1
    Build 1225

:)

hTconeM9user, Apr 3, 2016

2. windows 10 installation fails "pagefault_in_non-paged_area" pssnap.sys

From my experience, the goal is not to delete pssnap.sys. The goal is to update this file. In fact, when I deleted pssnap.sys, my computer would not reboot and I had to repair my installation.

Installing the latest version of Macrium Reflect Free will update pssnap.sys. In my case, the old version was dtd 3/29/13 and the new version was dated 10/12/15. Windows 10 will install with this new version in place. In fact, when you move Macrium Reflect
    Free, pssnap.sys is not removed. I conclude that you might as well leave the new version on your computer; but, this is a matter of personal taste.

Bottom line- you should simply update pssnap.sys and you will be fine. The safe and easy way to do this is to install an updated version of Macrium Reflect Free.

stationwagonman, Apr 3, 2016
  3. garybear89, Apr 3, 2016
  4. Word Man Win User

New Macrium Reflect Update

Word Man, Apr 3, 2016
  5. hTconeM9user, Apr 3, 2016
  6. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Anyone else noticed that when making a first backup after upgrading to the latest version throughput is almost cut in half ?
    Oddly enough, after that it runs actually faster than before although not by much.

Another glitch I noticed but it may not necessarily relate to the latest version is that when you want to restore a backup from within Windows it will suggest to restart the machine and boot into its PE environment which will present you with a text based bootmenu when you have Macrium added to the bootmenu . So far so good.
    Once the restore has finished however you will now be presented with a text base bootmenu at each reboot.

The solution is to run Msconfig.exe. You will notice that Macrium's menu addition is set as the default choice. Select Windows 10 instead and all is back to what it was before. I.e. you'll now boot again to a GUI bases boot menu.

I think the latter has been around through all versions I had installed which started with 5.x IIRC.

Either way, nothing dramatic. Just thought I'd let the fan boys know. *Cool

Cheers , *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 4, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    Do not get that on mine and I just restored a couple of days ago.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Same here works perfectly and I just ran it this morning. *Smile

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New Macrium Reflect Update - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect Update

2. Macrium Reflect Update

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Update: Hello,Each time when Macrium gets an update, I get in the notification area a notice, make first a backup and then open the program and make the update.Today (5-Aug-2020) the notice came up, so after a backup, clicked on the small icon in the notification area and got an...
  3. Macrium Reflect not updating

Macrium Reflect not updating: Running MR ver.4744 and trying to update to .4808 on Insider version 19587 and then today 19592.1001. Selected update downloads, SW initializing and then a search engine starts and runs for 10 minutes with an error code saying it could not find the software???? Of course it...
  4. Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...: On my system, the Reflect's "Recovery Boot Menu Option" is enabled, via "Windows PE 10.0 menu (64 Bit). Doing so allows to boot directly from the system drive to Reflect recovery environment, instead of booting from a USB based recovery environment. Basically, it's a...
  5. New Macrium Reflect Updates

New Macrium Reflect Updates: [img] Tip If you guys have any issues with Macrium products, take a look at this: Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special Solved - Windows 10 Forums Macrium founder and CEO Nick Sills will join us to talk about Macrium Reflect and answer your questions in Q&A...
  6. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  9. Macrium Reflect update

Macrium Reflect update: Hello, While making a weekly backup (differential or full) with Macrium version 6, I was notifyedthere is an update for this version, downloaded and installed the update.Then opened the product's site and saw there is a new version - 7, on one page it says free editionhere...
  10. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........