Windows 10: New Macrium Reflect Updates

Discus and support New Macrium Reflect Updates in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; [img] Tip If you guys have any issues with Macrium products, take a look at this: Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special Solved - Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Cliff S, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

New Macrium Reflect Updates

New Macrium Reflect Updates [​IMG]
    Tip If you guys have any issues with Macrium products, take a look at this: Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Macrium founder and CEO Nick Sills will join us to talk about Macrium Reflect and answer your questions in Q&A session.

Macrium Reflect v7.1.3169
    24 April 2018

Latest Release Notes:
    • Bug Fixes v7.1.3169 - 24th April 2018
      • Macrium Image Guardian
        On some computers, a situation could arise where Macrium Image Guardian would raise its protection level to the maximum, indiscriminately blocking all modifications to any image file. This has been resolved.

LINKS:
    Link to Windows Ten Forums Tutorial:

:)

Cliff S, Mar 9, 2015

2. windows 10 installation fails "pagefault_in_non-paged_area" pssnap.sys

From my experience, the goal is not to delete pssnap.sys. The goal is to update this file. In fact, when I deleted pssnap.sys, my computer would not reboot and I had to repair my installation.

Installing the latest version of Macrium Reflect Free will update pssnap.sys. In my case, the old version was dtd 3/29/13 and the new version was dated 10/12/15. Windows 10 will install with this new version in place. In fact, when you move Macrium Reflect
    Free, pssnap.sys is not removed. I conclude that you might as well leave the new version on your computer; but, this is a matter of personal taste.

Bottom line- you should simply update pssnap.sys and you will be fine. The safe and easy way to do this is to install an updated version of Macrium Reflect Free.

stationwagonman, Mar 9, 2015
  3. garybear89, Mar 9, 2015
  4. New Macrium Reflect Updates

I got that one today. I was shocked to see it since V6 out now. I'm waiting a while to see if there are any major problems before deciding if I want to shell out the shekels to upgrade my four license pack to v6.

Lady Fitzgerald, Mar 10, 2015
  5. Phone Man Win User
    On Macrium site they stated that v6 Free will be released soon.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Mar 10, 2015
  6. Winuser Win User
    I was going to update until I found out the update is $41.00. It's a little more than I want to spend at the moment.

Winuser, Mar 10, 2015
  7. Methinks you may be confusing updates and upgrades. The recent one I received today was an update for v5. The one you have to pay for is an upgrade from v5 to v6.

8. Winuser Win User

No, I'm not confused. to go from v5.3 to 6 they wanted $41.95 and it's more than I want to pay at this time.

Winuser, Mar 10, 2015
  9. You aren't paying attention. An UPDATE is not the same as an UPGRADE. MR recently issued an UPDATE for v5, which will NOT cost you. That was NOT an UPGRADE from v5 to v6, which will cost you. I just downloaded and installed the UPDATE earlier today just prior to making an image. My last image before today's was on 3/6 so the UPDATE came out sometime in the last four days.

10. Winuser Win User
    I will not call a call a upgrade a update. I will not call a upgrade a update. Is that better?

Winuser, Mar 10, 2015
  11. I upgraded my 4-pack V5 Standard to a 4-pack V6 Home three weeks ago and haven't had any problems. They've already done some updates, so they're actively supporting and improving the product. Apart from the changed GUI, there are features that I haven't tried yet (including a rapid restore option), they now include Redeploy to different hardware in the Home edition (they no longer have a Pro edition), and they decided to drop the option to create a Linux Boot CD. They offer WinPE Boot creation by default now.

They don't seem to be in any hurry to release the Free edition.

Mark Phelps, Mar 10, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    For me personally 5Free works good enough, on my system it takes a little over 4 minutes(SSD->7400rpm HDD) for a complete image, and that's faster than the System imager in Windows 7 doing incremental. I'm definitely not complaining*Smile

Cliff S, Mar 10, 2015
  13. New Macrium Reflect Updates

I agree that v5 is doing just fine (I have the four license Pro version). It takes about 5 minutes to image my C: drive (65GB on a 128GB SSD) and another 5 minutes to verify the image (I do it automatically in one operation for a total of ten minutes). I just start the process and either walk away or do something else on the computer.

14. Gary Win User
    Macrium Reflect is now offering a free version with almost all of the options of the paid one. I bought this and now I wish I would have waited. There is a chart that compares the two. IMHO this is the best backup software on the market.

Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

15. Voyager 1 Win User

I've been using Macrium (free V5x) for my Win 7 PC Imaging the last couple of years. It's one of the best GUI interfaces that I've seen with Cloning/Imaging tools.

Voyager 1, Jun 17, 2015
Thema:

1. New Macrium Reflect Updates - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect Updates

2. Macrium Reflect Update

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Update: Hello,Each time when Macrium gets an update, I get in the notification area a notice, make first a backup and then open the program and make the update.Today (5-Aug-2020) the notice came up, so after a backup, clicked on the small icon in the notification area and got an...
  3. Macrium Reflect not updating

Macrium Reflect not updating: Running MR ver.4744 and trying to update to .4808 on Insider version 19587 and then today 19592.1001. Selected update downloads, SW initializing and then a search engine starts and runs for 10 minutes with an error code saying it could not find the software???? Of course it...
  4. Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...: On my system, the Reflect's "Recovery Boot Menu Option" is enabled, via "Windows PE 10.0 menu (64 Bit). Doing so allows to boot directly from the system drive to Reflect recovery environment, instead of booting from a USB based recovery environment. Basically, it's a...
  5. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  6. New Macrium Reflect Update

New Macrium Reflect Update: New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225 46206
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  9. Macrium Reflect update

Macrium Reflect update: Hello, While making a weekly backup (differential or full) with Macrium version 6, I was notifyedthere is an update for this version, downloaded and installed the update.Then opened the product's site and saw there is a new version - 7, on one page it says free editionhere...
  10. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........