Windows 10: New mail account set up

Discus and support New mail account set up in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; after my desktop upgraded itself to Windows 10, I've tried to add a bellsouth email account. It wont sync and the error message is 0x8007274c. It says... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by darter1585, Jun 3, 2016.

1. New mail account set up

after my desktop upgraded itself to Windows 10, I've tried to add a bellsouth email account. It wont sync and the error message is 0x8007274c. It says it cannot contact mail.bellsouth.net:110:0.

:)

darter1585, Jun 3, 2016

2. File Explorer

The account I use is set up as "administrator".

Looks like to set up a new account I need to use a different e-mail address. Is that correct, or is there a way to add a new account with the same e-mail address?

RichardKeierleber, Jun 3, 2016
  3. Deleted mail icon Lumia 735 home screen

Hi Josh, thanks for the suggestion. That seems to work if the deleted icon is for the only mail account set up on the phone. If there was more than one mail account, then the Mail item in the settings doesn't show. So what I had to do was to get into the
    account with the deleted icon via a notification of new email, then delete the account and set it up again via the add an account option. Once the account was set up as a new account, the icon reappeared in the start screen. It seems that the Mail setting
    is only visible if no accounts are set up, at least in my 735 with whatever version of 8.1 it is running. Panic over and thanks again for your help.

sidfewster, Jun 3, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

New mail account set up

I would Call Bell South and make sure that Port number (110:0) is correct , Mail tries to autodetect the Server Ports and may have it wrong?

Other wise I would delete the account and set it up again manually including the Servers and ports with Bellsouth help

I found this page online Bellsouth IMAP and SMTP e-mail settings

Kbird, Jun 3, 2016
Thema:

New mail account set up

1. New mail account set up - Similar Threads - mail account set

2. Setting up new Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up new Microsoft Account: I can't believe I'm posting this question when there's no service. Oh well, I have a Microsoft and Xbox account tied to my personal email which my son uses. Not knowing what we were doing 10 years ago when he got an Xbox for Christmas we used my email setting it up. It...
  3. Setting up new Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up new Microsoft Account: I can't believe I'm posting this question when there's no service. Oh well, I have a Microsoft and Xbox account tied to my personal email which my son uses. Not knowing what we were doing 10 years ago when he got an Xbox for Christmas we used my email setting it up. It...
  4. Setting up an all mail account

Setting up an all mail account: I have been trying to setup an all mail account so I don't have to go thru each account. Tried a couple of the online threads with no luck. All I want to do is have all mail excluding junk in one mail file. Any help appreciated....
  5. Temporary Account & E-mail set-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary Account & E-mail set-up: Problem 1 Why do i always get allocated a temporary profile - "You have been signed in with a temporary profile" I have two Microsoft accounts. My old "fsnet" e-mail account is no longer available but still a Microsoft account.. I have lost the password so cannot reset the...
  6. setting up an e-mail account

setting up an e-mail account: I'm trying to get e-mail's from another account onto my computer, when I enter the info username and password, which I know are correct I have an error code: 0x80004005. The e-mail is working fine in outlook on a different PC, but I'm trying to get it to work with the mail...
  7. Windows Mail Setting Up Accounts

Windows Mail Setting Up Accounts: So I bought a new laptop and thought I'd set up Windows Mail. I went to mail, clicked add account and added a couple accounts successfully. Problem is it just keeps taking me back to the "Add account" screen and the "go to inbox" is greyed out. I uninstalled Mail the...
  8. Set up new email account

Set up new email account: I'm trying to set up a new email account but it keeps telling me my Shawmail account setting are out of date. I have checked my password and security certificate and both are as they should be???...
  9. New computer, can't set up "mail"

New computer, can't set up "mail": My new computer came with the mail link on the taskbar. Clicking the link opened Mail, wanting me to add an account. I did (Microsoft, which had my email already due to onedrive). It keeps demanding added accounts and I cannot go to the inbox. Whassup??...
  10. New Account set up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Account set up: Hello Guys, This is my main PC where everything is set up as I want it (apart from a Start Menu App issue but that's another story), I have just added my account (that is on this PC) to my wife's laptop, I've entered my Microsoft log in and password. I was on the...