Windows 10: New mail app

Discus and support New mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Decided to dump the windows live mail and use the new mail app in windows 10,Got it working okay with both my emails. 1.outlook.co 2.gmail.com Both... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by menu, Jun 1, 2016.

1. menu Win User

New mail app

Decided to dump the windows live mail and use the new mail app in windows 10,Got it working okay with both my emails.
    1.outlook.co
    2.gmail.com
    Both worked okay,So trying to adjust the settings to have a notification on new mail.But totally got confused followed the info on line and from this forum,The only thing is under Notifications & Actions in the settings should the new mail app show up there.
    If that is a yes well it don't show there with me.I have made it my default mail client but cannot get any joy with the new mail notifications.*Confused
    My wife has a W10 and using the mail app and looked at her settings which is working okay but cant get any joy on my desktop.*cry
    Any thoughts please.The mail is getting through its just no sign of life in the notification box next to clock.*Shock
    Many thanks.

:)

menu, Jun 1, 2016

2. Mail App Notification

I have the Mail app for Windows 10 and have it setup for syncing and notifying me when I have new emails. When I click on the mail notification, the Mail app opens. However, the problem is that the Mail app doesn't work. To view the new email I have to
    restart the Mail app. Then the Mail app works.

Win10ProUser, Jun 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Mail App Live Tile mail count resets itself even if I do not open the mail app

I noticed that when I receive new mail (provided notifications are working, which they usually are not!), the live tile for the mail app will show the number of new mails, but then after some time has passed, even if I do not open the mail app, the live
    tile will reset itself and show no new mails. For example, if I receive 3 new mails, the tile will show the number 3, but after some times passes, the tile will reset itself and show no mail regardless of whether or not I actually open the mail app. Is this
    a bug or is this by design? I don't think the Windows 8.1 mail app worked this way. I think the mail tile in Windows 8.1 showed the number of new mails until you actually opened the app. Can someone please advise on this?

DeanLupari, Jun 1, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

New mail app

Go back to Mail > Settings > Notifications. Can you do the settings as shown by the screenshot ?

New mail app [​IMG]

davidhk, Jun 1, 2016
  5. menu Win User
    Yes I got that exactly as your image.Had this email okay but no notification.
    Thanks.

PS.Should the mail app show up in the privacy section of the settings??

menu, Jun 1, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I just got the notification of your reply from Mail app.

Sorry, I do not know how to fix your problem.

davidhk, Jun 1, 2016
  7. menu Win User
    Yea okay thanks for trying.Maybe something will popup.
    Many thanks.

menu, Jun 1, 2016
  8. Kbird Win User

New mail app

Just tried your fix David , and it worked here just now , got my 1st popup,

maybe try closing Mail and restarting it if you didn't Menu , also check you are on the latest version of the Mail App , I wasn't till yesterday , it has the "move to junk option"

see my post here
    Windows 10 Mail and Junk Mail

Kbird, Jun 1, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    So, you have the "new mail" notification now ?

If yes, please mark the thread as Solved so that others with similar problem will know there is an answer here.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Jun 1, 2016
  10. Kbird Win User
    Yes David it worked for me just now on my Hotmail Account , but I'm not sure it works on all accounts like WLM did or does actually , it started working again on my laptop this morning , so M$ has changed something while fixing this weeks' spam issues too, as WLM wasn't working for the last 2 + weeks ( for live accounts) for me.

Only the OP can mark it solved AFAIK ......

Kbird, Jun 1, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    My apology.
    I thought you were the OP.
    That's the problem of jumping from one thread to another. Mind got confused.

davidhk, Jun 1, 2016
  12. Kbird Win User
    hehehe , yeah you have me jumping back and forwards *Smile

Menu is the OP

Kbird, Jun 1, 2016
  13. menu Win User

New mail app

No not solved yet.
    Been thinking back about this notification box in the task bat next to clock.I don't recall ever seeing a message coming up there at all.
    Is there a setting for that to turn off/on?.It just says No New Notification.Never thought about that box before as WLM had its own little envelope in the taskbar,That may be the issue.
    What do the experts say about that notification setting off/on is there such a setting?
    Sorry to be a pain in the rear.
    Tanx.

14. Kbird Win User
    If I am at the computer I see a little flyout box on the RH side of the screen that shows for about 5 secs then disappears , but if I click on the what looks like a white page or voice box next to the Clock the Action Centre opens , personally I turned the sound off it was getting to much earlier this morning.

Did you update your App Menu as I mentioned earlier in the Thread ?

Have you checked under Settings>Notifications and actions>

Kbird, Jun 2, 2016
  15. menu Win User
    I failed to find that update point you gave.

Thema:

New mail app

1. New mail app - Similar Threads - mail app

2. Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?: I've been trying to find it in my files, so far I have tried:C:\Windows\InfusedApps\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6002.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\images\ - "InfusedApps" doesn't exist for me when I search in...
  3. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Mail & Calendar app: Hi all, Broken record here again to vent my spleen.Yet again I have discovered on turning on my laptop, that my mail app has been disabled, nay vanished, and replaced with the wonderous new Outlook. Needless to say I hunted around to find my 'missing 'missing' mail app and...
  4. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Mail & Calendar app: Hi all, Broken record here again to vent my spleen.Yet again I have discovered on turning on my laptop, that my mail app has been disabled, nay vanished, and replaced with the wonderous new Outlook. Needless to say I hunted around to find my 'missing 'missing' mail app and...
  5. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. What is going on with the mail app?!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on with the mail app?!!!: This morning i went into the app and in to the inbox only to be faced with 'nothing has arrived yet' i have thousands of emails - after moments of panic i looked and saw that there were 2 new folders at the bottom of the list of folders OwaFV15.1ALLFocused and...
  7. What is going on with the mail app?!!!

What is going on with the mail app?!!!: This morning i went into the app and in to the inbox only to be faced with 'nothing has arrived yet' i have thousands of emails - after moments of panic i looked and saw that there were 2 new folders at the bottom of the list of folders OwaFV15.1ALLFocused and...
  8. is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?: We are trying to configure the onprem mailbox in the new outlook mail app of windows but we are getting error:"We couldn't reach the mail server. Please try again."But when we use the advance setup then select office 365/exchange we are now getting this error:"Something went...
  9. is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?

is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?: We are trying to configure the onprem mailbox in the new outlook mail app of windows but we are getting error:"We couldn't reach the mail server. Please try again."But when we use the advance setup then select office 365/exchange we are now getting this error:"Something went...
  10. How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...

How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...: I have recently switched to windows 11 and I have an issue with opening e-mails when clicking on an e-mail link in a webpage or in a document.I cannot seem to find how to set my Outlook desktop app Outlook 365 as the default. It only opens outlook on the web...