Windows 10: New Media Player safety/privacy issues

Discus and support New Media Player safety/privacy issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The new Media Player has some really disturbing and annoying features that should not exist IMO. Who decided that it was a good idea to retain last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChrisWebb#BB, Dec 4, 2023.

1. New Media Player safety/privacy issues

The new Media Player has some really disturbing and annoying features that should not exist IMO. Who decided that it was a good idea to retain last played media and display the thumbnails proudly every time you open the app????I only discovered this after a friend sent me a video with adult language. My kid wanted to play a movie on the laptop and saw the thumbnail when the app opened. He played the clip and I heard it from the next room. What the heck?!!!Why can't this be turned off in the setting? I consider this to be very dangerous. Really stupid. Is my only option to delete the intrusive

:)

ChrisWebb#BB, Dec 4, 2023
  2. Yaqub K Win User

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Dec 4, 2023
  3. Windows Media Player in Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to try this method and check for the issue.

Run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter
    and check, if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

a. Press “Windows key” on your keyboard.

b. Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

c. Now select Programs in the search option.

d. Under Media Player, select Windows Media Player Settings
    to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

New Media Player safety/privacy issues

1. New Media Player safety/privacy issues - Similar Threads - Media Player safety

2. New Media Player safety/privacy issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Media Player safety/privacy issues: The new Media Player has some really disturbing and annoying features that should not exist IMO. Who decided that it was a good idea to retain last played media and display the thumbnails proudly every time you open the app????I only discovered this after a friend sent me a...
  3. Problems with new Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with new Media Player?: New Windows MediaI’ve just recently downloaded and installed the new version of the Media Player. Well, it’s got rid of some of the shortcomings of the old version, but transferring my collection of re-recorded music in MP3 files from the old version to the new has been a...
  4. New Media Player Peoblem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Media Player Peoblem: I've been trying to add all my music library folders, there are 3 folders.A thru IJ thru QR thru ZWhat it was doing after all 3 folders were added.Some of a music artists folder would be partially populated.While others would be completely populated with an artist music.Now...
  5. the new media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    the new media player: when Microsoft will release the new media player to windows 10?when i downloaded it from Microsoft store i saw it is for videos too but on my computer i can play only music and the app calls Groove Music.thx...
  6. the new media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the new media player: when Microsoft will release the new media player to windows 10?when i downloaded it from Microsoft store i saw it is for videos too but on my computer i can play only music and the app calls Groove Music.thx...
  7. the new media player

8. Privacy and online safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy and online safety: I downloaded Sea of Thieves some days ago and something that i always loved to do is talking with other players with the speaker, i don't know why but when i try to speak to them they can't hear me and i can't hear them, but instead my crewmates can hear me on the game. I was...
  9. VLC media player Privacy

VLC media player Privacy: Hello, I don't want to share any info with videolan, when using VLC media player latest version, what options do I have to uncheck to avoid send them any information about my system or something else... I only found one option only, is there more option to uncheck? Also...
  10. VLC media player Privacy

in Windows 10 Support
    VLC media player Privacy: Hello, I don't want to share any info with videolan, when using VLC media player latest version, what options do I have to uncheck to avoid send them any information about my system or something else... I only found one option only, is there more option to uncheck? Also...