Windows 10: new microsoft gimic

Discus and support new microsoft gimic in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; if you use outlook 2007 or 2010 you could find that you are made to use "edge" not very good if you prefer Internet explorer. here is a fix I found on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by alexanderd, Sep 11, 2016.

1. new microsoft gimic

if you use outlook 2007 or 2010 you could find that you are made to use "edge" not very good if you prefer Internet explorer.
    here is a fix I found on Microsoft's site. easy fix dose not work, you will have to use the registry.
    You are prompted to specify Internet Explorer whenyou click a link in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2007
    Symptoms
    In Microsoft Outlook 2010 or Office Outlook 2007, when you click ahyperlink to a webpage, you're prompted to specify the application to open thepage, as in the following screen shot.

You are prompted like this even though you specified Internet Explorer as yourdefault browser.
    Cause
    This problem occursif your computer has the following configuration:
    · Windows 10
    · Internet Explorer 11 set as the default browser
    · Either Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2007
    This problem occurs because data is missing from the registry.
    Resolution
    To have us fix thisproblem for you, go to the "Here's an easy fix" section. Ifyou prefer to fix this problem manually, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
    Here's an easy fix
    To have this problem fixed automatically, click the Downloadbutton. In the File Download dialog box, click Run or Open,and then follow the steps in the easy fix wizard.
    · This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix alsoworks for other language versions of Windows.
    · If you’re not on the computer that has the problem, save the easy fixsolution to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has theproblem.
    Download
    Let me fix it myself
    Easy fix 20155

To manually fix this problem, follow these steps to add the following registrykeys and data:
    1. Exit Outlook.
    2. Start RegistryEditor. To do this, press the Windows key+R to open the Run window,type regedit in the Open box, and then press OK.
    3. In Registry Editor,locate and then click the following subkey:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\shell\opennew\command
    4. If the opennewand command registry keys don't exist, follow these steps to add them:
    o Click the followingregistry subkey:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\shell
    o On the Edit menu,point to New, and then click Key.
    o Type opennew, andthen press Enter.
    o Click the opennew registrykey.
    o On the Edit menu,point to New, and then click Key.
    o Type command, andthen press Enter.
    5. Under opennew,locate and then double-click the following value:

(Default)
    6. In the Value databox, enter the following text, depending on how you want Internet Explorer tobehave when you click a link in Outlook:
    o To have the hyperlinkedpage open on a new tab:
    cmd /c start %1
    o To have thehyperlinked page open in a new window:
    "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" %1
    Note The path of Iexplore.exe may differ on your computer. LocateIexplore.exe on your computer, and then adjust the path as necessary.
    7. Click OK.
    8. Exit Registry Editor.
    Status
    Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information inthis article when the information becomes available.
    Properties
    Article ID: 3094186 -Last Review: 12/21/2015 06:41:00 - Revision: 5.0
    Applies to
    Microsoft Outlook 2010, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

Keywords:
    · KB3094186

:)

alexanderd, Sep 11, 2016

2. How many speaker does C7 have?

there is only one speaker .

the design makes it look like two are present which initially i thought was two myself

this is becoming a common gimic/design on nokias phones.

techbuzzireland, Sep 11, 2016
  3. Missing storage space on 1Tb hard drive

It's a marketing gimic by the hard drive manufacturers. Though you purchase a 1 TB drive it won't format to 1,024 GB. It will format as you see it to 932 GB.

Solar-Eclipse, Sep 11, 2016
Thema:

new microsoft gimic

1. new microsoft gimic - Similar Threads - microsoft gimic

2. Microsoft account compromised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account compromised: Last night my account was accessed from IP addresses from Russia and Brasil and there was another attempt from Pakistan. Could someone contact me to help resolve the issue and check for potential damage?...
  3. "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.: The "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo. I've tried:Restart machineRepairResetUninstall/InstallWindows info:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2/‎27/‎2023 OS build 22621.3447 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0...
  4. Microsoft account compromised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account compromised: Last night my account was accessed from IP addresses from Russia and Brasil and there was another attempt from Pakistan. Could someone contact me to help resolve the issue and check for potential damage?...
  5. "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.

"Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.: The "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo. I've tried:Restart machineRepairResetUninstall/InstallWindows info:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2/‎27/‎2023 OS build 22621.3447 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0...
  6. Why can't I log in to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I log in to my Microsoft account?: I cannot log into my Microsoft account. When trying to do so, the box remains white and does not proceed to the next phase, asking for my log in details....
  7. Why can't I log in to my Microsoft account?

Why can't I log in to my Microsoft account?: I cannot log into my Microsoft account. When trying to do so, the box remains white and does not proceed to the next phase, asking for my log in details....
  8. Why can't I log in to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Friend,I am using the Latest Microsoft Windows 11, Version: 23H2 OS on My Laptop. When I try to update Apps via Microsoft Store by clicking on "Update all" it starts Downloading, but Downloading Circle Roams. But actually it dosen't gets Downloaded....
  10. Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.

Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Friend,I am using the Latest Microsoft Windows 11, Version: 23H2 OS on My Laptop. When I try to update Apps via Microsoft Store by clicking on "Update all" it starts Downloading, but Downloading Circle Roams. But actually it dosen't gets Downloaded....