Windows 10: New mobo shutting down leaves usbs powered

Discus and support New mobo shutting down leaves usbs powered in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I got a new asus M5a97 for a new socket and whatnot and now when I shut down there are 2 issues (title bar not long enough for both) The first is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sketch, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Sketch Win User

New mobo shutting down leaves usbs powered

So I got a new asus M5a97 for a new socket and whatnot and now when I shut down there are 2 issues (title bar not long enough for both)
    The first is whenever you shut it down it leaves all usb ports powered.
    The second is that every second time you try to boot it goes to the asus screen where there's meant to be the little circle made of dots spinning and no circle appears nothing happens.

Hardware all seems fine so not sure what needs changing.

:)

Sketch, Jan 12, 2016

2. Computer not fully restarting.

When I shut down my desktop it will not fully restart. When I turn the power on the light on the desktop turns on, however the USB mouse, keyboard, and WI-FI adapter do not turn on. In the past leaving it shut down for an extended amount of time has
    allowed it to turn back on.

KillianSpencer, Jan 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 latest update unable to shutdown PC

This isn't just an Asus issue; I have an MSI mobo. This is a Windows issue.

Start -> Power -> Shutdown -> Windows is shutting down screen -> black -> Lock

SlinkyBiest, Jan 12, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Powered usb's is pretty normal nowadays as most want their plugged in devices to charge overnight,
    the second issue could have something to do with 'Fast Startup'.

Edwin, Jan 12, 2016
  5. Sketch Win User
    Yeah for me powered usbs when it's off is more of an annoyance due to backlights on literally everything so if there's a way to turn that off you know of that'd be great.

And I forgot windows 10 enables fast startup by default (I have a gaming pc so I hardly need it lol) where are those settings located?

Sketch, Jan 12, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Not sure about the powered usb's, maybe they're switchable in the BIOS or maybe in the case itself, not sure though;

Fast Startup settings are in Control Panel►Power Options►'Choose what the power buttons do'►Shutdown settings

Edwin, Jan 12, 2016
  7. Sketch Win User
    Pretty sure it isn't fast boot causing the second boot not to work as the bios option for it is off and the power settings have no option for it likely due to before upgrading having disabled hyberfil.sys

So yeah still no idea what that issue is caused by

Sketch, Jan 12, 2016
  8. Sketch Win User

Well the power issue seems to relate to Erp in bios...
    still need to work out why half the boots don't progress for seemingly no reason

Sketch, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New mobo shutting down leaves usbs powered - Similar Threads - mobo shutting down

2. USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?: I recently got a new computer, and I notice that when I shut it down the red power light on my Blue Yeti stays on, but the device isn't on? I don't hear anything from it as I have my headphones plugged into it. But the light does turn off when I flip the the power switch on...
  3. USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?: I recently got a new computer, and I notice that when I shut it down the red power light on my Blue Yeti stays on, but the device isn't on? I don't hear anything from it as I have my headphones plugged into it. But the light does turn off when I flip the the power switch on...
  4. Shut down power during resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down power during resetting: I reset the computer and I accidentally shut the power downI try winre and troubleshooting, I can’t reset the progress and repairAnd I can’t use winre anymore again even serveral method I can’t even go to login screen It keep blinking and hp sign It keeps having hard disk...
  5. Power then Shut down Buttons

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power then Shut down Buttons: My choices were: " Power" then "Sleep Shut Down and Restrart." They are now: "Power",then Sleep Update and Shut Down and Update and Restart When I click on "Update and Shut Down", the machine goes back into Restart at once and then takes a long period of time after...
  6. Power/Shut Down Problem.

Power/Shut Down Problem.: My computer has been shutting down randomly a lot recently and I am hoping to get some help. My power settings are set so that it should never to to sleep or hibernate and the hard drive should not power down but after an hour or so of being idle my computer shuts down...
  7. Which is better for a laptop? Leave on or shut down and reboot +&+

in Windows 10 Support
    Which is better for a laptop? Leave on or shut down and reboot +&+: I have a Dell Precision M4800. I have developed the habit of using the laptop for a short time, stop, come back later and use again, and again and again. I start around 8 in the morning and finish off around 7 or 8 in the evening. I never write/translate/design for more than...
  8. USB 3.1 port remains powered after shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB 3.1 port remains powered after shutting down: My laptop has two 3.0 ports and one 3.1 port Brand: HP Model: cx0140tx I usually use first 2 ports 3.0 for keyboard and mouse, recently i brought a gaming rgb mouse and was connected to 3.1 port. After shutting down mouse remained powered on, i tried plugging it out...
  9. Shut down/Power off

Shut down/Power off: I have an HP laptop with windows 10 home. When I choose start/shut down, it closes everything and screen goes blank, but won't power down (off). It used to work. I have to manually turn it off....
  10. power on/shut down

power on/shut down: I recently reset my laptop back to the original settings. Ever since when I want to shut down now my laptop I only see Sleep, Update and Shut down and Update and Restart. I don't see the simple Shut down option. I don't want to continually update. How can I get this fixed?...