Windows 10: New mobo shutting down leaves usbs powered

Discus and support New mobo shutting down leaves usbs powered in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I got a new asus M5a97 for a new socket and whatnot and now when I shut down there are 2 issues (title bar not long enough for both) The first is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sketch, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Sketch Win User

New mobo shutting down leaves usbs powered

So I got a new asus M5a97 for a new socket and whatnot and now when I shut down there are 2 issues (title bar not long enough for both)
    The first is whenever you shut it down it leaves all usb ports powered.
    The second is that every second time you try to boot it goes to the asus screen where there's meant to be the little circle made of dots spinning and no circle appears nothing happens.

Hardware all seems fine so not sure what needs changing.

:)

Sketch, Jan 12, 2016

2. Computer not fully restarting.

When I shut down my desktop it will not fully restart. When I turn the power on the light on the desktop turns on, however the USB mouse, keyboard, and WI-FI adapter do not turn on. In the past leaving it shut down for an extended amount of time has
    allowed it to turn back on.

KillianSpencer, Jan 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 latest update unable to shutdown PC

This isn't just an Asus issue; I have an MSI mobo. This is a Windows issue.

Start -> Power -> Shutdown -> Windows is shutting down screen -> black -> Lock

SlinkyBiest, Jan 12, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Powered usb's is pretty normal nowadays as most want their plugged in devices to charge overnight,
    the second issue could have something to do with 'Fast Startup'.

Edwin, Jan 12, 2016
  5. Sketch Win User
    Yeah for me powered usbs when it's off is more of an annoyance due to backlights on literally everything so if there's a way to turn that off you know of that'd be great.

And I forgot windows 10 enables fast startup by default (I have a gaming pc so I hardly need it lol) where are those settings located?

Sketch, Jan 12, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Not sure about the powered usb's, maybe they're switchable in the BIOS or maybe in the case itself, not sure though;

Fast Startup settings are in Control Panel►Power Options►'Choose what the power buttons do'►Shutdown settings

Edwin, Jan 12, 2016
  7. Sketch Win User
    Pretty sure it isn't fast boot causing the second boot not to work as the bios option for it is off and the power settings have no option for it likely due to before upgrading having disabled hyberfil.sys

So yeah still no idea what that issue is caused by

Sketch, Jan 12, 2016
  8. Sketch Win User

Well the power issue seems to relate to Erp in bios...
    still need to work out why half the boots don't progress for seemingly no reason

Sketch, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New mobo shutting down leaves usbs powered - Similar Threads - mobo shutting down

2. Shut down/Power off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down/Power off: I have an HP laptop with windows 10 home. When I choose start/shut down, it closes everything and screen goes blank, but won't power down (off). It used to work. I have to manually turn it off....
  3. Mouse keeps shutting down to try and save power...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse keeps shutting down to try and save power...: I never had this problem before but recently my wireless mouse seems to shut down after a minute or two. I think it's about saving battery power. I only have the windows driver installed, no outside company driver - i've tried to download several drivers from 'Tecknet', the...
  4. Power Shell Shuts Down Immediately

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Shell Shuts Down Immediately: Trying to fix a 'memory management error' on Win10 I'm told to run scannow. So I try to run PowerShell. It flickers into life and then immediately disappears. I try to find it in the search bar and find I can't type into the search field ! ? 125234
  5. USB Hubs Randomly Shutting Down?!

USB Hubs Randomly Shutting Down?!: Hello first of all happy 2019 to all I have very annoying problems for few months since the newest updates came along its driving me nuts. I have this usb hub listed below its working fine 0 problems before updates and on all other pcs laptops that i tested but here on my...
  6. power on/shut down

power on/shut down: I recently reset my laptop back to the original settings. Ever since when I want to shut down now my laptop I only see Sleep, Update and Shut down and Update and Restart. I don't see the simple Shut down option. I don't want to continually update. How can I get this fixed?...
  7. Power supply running power when I shut down?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power supply running power when I shut down?: I have a Corsair CX750M PSU.. These units remain on even after shutting down my system so, should I flip the switch off when I'm not using it or, is it safe to leave that switch on? Thanks! 110637
  8. The system shut down without Cleanly shutting down first Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The system shut down without Cleanly shutting down first Kernel-Power: I have been getting this Event ID: 41 I in the past had several of these and changed motherboard which seems have fixed the issue, however it seems to have returned again. The last previous was back in 2016-12-02 this morning I get up to my main business computer/server has...
  9. Shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down: When I shut down Windows 8.1 the connect light on the Router stays lite.On windows 10 preview when shut down the connect goes out. Is this normal ? Does windows 10 shut down more of the computer then Windows 8.1 ? 3890
  10. Power Light blinks before Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Light blinks before Shutting Down: When I sign out of my user profile on my 2 Acer laptops and then click shut down, the computer goes black indicating that it is shutting down. However, the power light blinks until it shuts down completely. I don't know if it's a hardware issue or what but when hibernation is...