Windows 10: New Monitor No Sound from HDMI

Discus and support New Monitor No Sound from HDMI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just got a new monitor today, Samsung S24D300HL which I have plugged into my Nvidia Geforce GTX 745 video card via HDMI. Picture is great no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arily, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Arily Win User

New Monitor No Sound from HDMI

Just got a new monitor today, Samsung S24D300HL which I have plugged into my Nvidia Geforce GTX 745 video card via HDMI.

Picture is great no problems there. However I have no sound at all. I've updated my graphics driver via Nvidia Experience program version 361.43 I've right clicked and went to Nvidia control panel audio tab and my monitor was listed there as audio under HDMI still no sound. I've restarted the computer a couple times. Checked Windows update. Switch to a different HDMI cord and still no sound. I've right clicked the speaker in the taskbar and went to playback and what I have is. Nvidia HDMI Output (Port 0) and Nvidia HDMI Output (Port 1) both say not plugged in. I'm confused about the Port 0 and Port 1 because there is only one HDMI spot on the back of the card.

Any help appreciated.
    Thank you

:)

Arily, Dec 24, 2015
  2. Jayowend Win User

In Windows 10, device connect/disconnect sound plays over and over when monitor powers down (sleep)

Try this if it's your monitor via HDMI / DP causing the sounds (because of hot plug detection):

Go into Sound > Playback Devices

Enable all HDMI audio sources from your monitors if they're disabled, and reset them as default device. Then set your speakers/headphones to default and disable the HDMI entries again.

Jayowend, Dec 24, 2015
  3. Sound Not Working when connecting monitor via HDMI

I have my monitor connected with an HDMI cable. the Monitor has no speakers. I assume this is the problem.

Is there a way to direct the sound to the computer's internal speaker with the HDMI cable connecting the Monitor?

Original Title- Sound Not Working

Eric Fisher 68, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Have you set it as default in Sound?

New Monitor No Sound from HDMI [​IMG]

Cliff S, Dec 24, 2015
  5. Arily Win User
    Both HDMI outputs say not plugged in therefore I cannot set them as default.

Arily, Dec 24, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Does the monitor have any settings for input/output? I use a HDTV as a monitor, and have to set that up too, for HDMI in, and optical out(to home cinema).

Cliff S, Dec 24, 2015
  7. Arily Win User
    In the menu of the monitor its set as hdmi pc

Don't know any other settings.

Arily, Dec 24, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

It sounds like a "handshake" problem. Is the cable a 1.4 version or higher. Also from Wikipedia:

Cliff S, Dec 24, 2015
  9. Arily Win User
    How can I tell what version the cable is?

Arily, Dec 24, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Dec 24, 2015
  11. Arily Win User
    It was purchased separately and just says high speed on it. No version number.

I tried a different cable as well says high speed, but still no sound.

Arily, Dec 24, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    It should be ok then, take a look at the trouble shooting link I posted.

Cliff S, Dec 24, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Dec 24, 2015
  14. Arily Win User
    I seen that earlier about going into services and setting that process to stopped and the manual but with Windows 10 I can't figure about how to do that as the task manager is set up differently

Arily, Dec 24, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Go to "Services" not Task Manager:

Cliff S, Dec 24, 2015
Thema:

1. New Monitor No Sound from HDMI - Similar Threads - Monitor Sound HDMI

2. HDMI monitor disabled sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI monitor disabled sound: Hi,I recently purchased an ASUS VA27EHE Eye Care Monitor and connected it to my Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 running Windows 11 version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 using an HDMI cable. While the external monitor offers an enhanced visual experience, alas entirely disabled the sound...
  3. HDMI monitor disabled sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI monitor disabled sound: Hi,I recently purchased an ASUS VA27EHE Eye Care Monitor and connected it to my Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 running Windows 11 version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 using an HDMI cable. While the external monitor offers an enhanced visual experience, alas entirely disabled the sound...
  4. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  5. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  6. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. HDMI sound system recognizing as a monitor

HDMI sound system recognizing as a monitor: Hello, i'm using two monitors and a sound system that is recognizing as a 3th monitor It's anoying when i open a new window and it goes to the 3th monitor and i cant see it because it is not a monitor. I wan't to keep using the soung system but "blocking" it to not actualy...
  8. No sound from HDMI connected monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound from HDMI connected monitor: The sound quit working on my HDMI connected monitor. It says headphone or speaker unplugged. I'm pretty sure some update caused it. I have a Dell Inspiron Desktop....
  9. HDMI/Second Monitor/Sound Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI/Second Monitor/Sound Issues: Recently on two different computers, I've attempted to connect a second monitor with HDMI and runi into major problems. On one computer, I was able to get a picture but no sound. On the second computer, I got nothing. No picture, no sound, no connection at all. I've...
  10. Sound only going to monitor (HDMI)

Sound only going to monitor (HDMI): Hello! On a fresh install of Windows 10 my sound works fine. Then when I install the drivers and utilities that come with my motherboard (MSI Z370I) I loose the sound and it appears to be sent to my monitor despite me changing it to "Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio" (which has...