Windows 10: New monitor, old computer?

Discus and support New monitor, old computer? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an older computer that I haven't updated in a long time. I recently bought a monitor that connects to the computer via DisplayPort or an HDMI.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Koalaby, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Koalaby Win User

New monitor, old computer?

I have an older computer that I haven't updated in a long time. I recently bought a monitor that connects to the computer via DisplayPort or an HDMI. Plugged the DisplayPort cable into the computer and the monitor says no input connected. My guess is the video card is outdated- is that right, and how do I fix?

Koalaby, Jul 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 refuses to boot without the old monitor.

Hi,

To address your issue with connecting a new monitor, please perform these steps:

• Plug in the old monitor.
    • Uninstall the video driver, go to Device Manager > right-click on the video driver >
      Uninstall.
    • Unplug the old monitor, then connect the new one.
    • Turn on the computer, and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    Update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Jul 20, 2018
  3. new computer displat will not fit tv/monitor

Hi,

There could be a difference in settings or drivers between your old and new Windows 10 computer. For example, the build of your old computer is different to your new one, or it could also be the monitor itself. Can you provide us the answers to these questions:

• What was the build of your old computer?
    • What is the build of your new computer?
    • Did you notice some changes on the settings of your computer aside from the aspect ratio?
    • Have you tried to change the settings of your monitor?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Jul 20, 2018
  4. New monitor, old computer?

Windows 10 refuses to boot without the old monitor.

If you're still having issues with the new monitor, you may try these steps:

• Connect the new monitor.
    • Turn on the computer, once it shows a loading circle, press and hold the power button. Perform it three times.
    • When the computer boots up, click on Startup Repair.
    • Click Troubleshoot > Advanced options >
      Startup Settings.
    • Press 3, to enable low resolution video.
    • Once you're log in, you may set up the display resolution.

Let us know how it goes.

Rachelle Gra, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

New monitor, old computer?

1. New monitor, old computer? - Similar Threads - monitor old computer

2. New user, old computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New user, old computer: I just upgraded an existing hp pavilion laptop to windows 11 in preparation to handing it over to a new employee. how do I remove the old employee into lock screen and MS account?...
  3. Old Files on New Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Files on New Computer: I set up a new computer 3/21/22. In the Searches folder are a bunch of files from 1979. Most of them are pak file extensions. Would these be from something I downloaded or maybe from an update? It's just 1979 is more than just old........
  4. Old Files on New Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Files on New Computer: I set up a new computer 3/21/22. In the Searches folder are a bunch of files from 1979. Most of them are pak file extensions. Would these be from something I downloaded or maybe from an update? It's just 1979 is more than just old........
  5. problems with new and old computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    problems with new and old computer: so I recently got a new laptop and every thing I deleted on it deleted on my old one even know I wanted to keep it on my old computer. Its also same with downloads every thing I download on my new laptop ends up on my old one. How would I keep this from happening...
  6. Old to new computer in system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old to new computer in system: Hello. When I try to get an app in my MS account it states it is downloading to my old computer not my mew one. It downloads but does it matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-to-new-computer-in-system/187f43c9-ad1d-4c76-81fb-2c2cff0ace5e
  7. new / old computer

in Windows 10 Support
    new / old computer: A friend found it on the shelf and gave it to me (ex hubby's) while it was bought used , it hadn't even been Activated . She couldn't find the adapter but that wasn't a problem, I have a couple of adapters that worked. (She's and Apple and penguin fan) It hadn't been...
  8. New Laptop not recognizing old monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Laptop not recognizing old monitor: 've been looking for a cheap way to set up a monitor so that I can view better. I purchased a HDMI to VGA converter, but for some reason the monitor is not "detectable."...
  9. Install old computer on new computer

Install old computer on new computer: I have an HP LaserJet 1018 printer. There is no driver for Windows 10. This printer was installed on my Windows 7 laptop when I upgraded to Window 10. After the upgrade, the printer still worked fine. I now have a new Windows 10 laptop and I would like to be able to use...
  10. New computer, old scanner

New computer, old scanner: Just got a new computer. Can't find the drivers for my Canon Lide 110 CanoScan scanner. How do I get them again without paying someone?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-old-scanner/3cab1af9-8faf-4842-866c-0d69be9c0fb0