Windows 10: New Motherboard Clean Install Y/N

Discus and support New Motherboard Clean Install Y/N in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Pro Build 10166 Got a new Motherboard coming this week to upgrade my system the Motherboard is the only thing i am changing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ComedyCarnage, Jul 9, 2015.

1. New Motherboard Clean Install Y/N

Running Windows 10 Pro Build 10166

Got a new Motherboard coming this week to upgrade my system the Motherboard is the only thing i am changing.

Would you do a clean install using an ISO or use the Recovery option in Windows 10 to do a clean install or just power it up and let the system do it's thing update drivers ect for the Motherboard?

:)

ComedyCarnage, Jul 9, 2015
  2. igorakis Win User
    igorakis, Jul 9, 2015
  3. SK.Jam Win User
    Windows 10 not loading after most recent update and looping splash screen

I had to use 3rd Party tools in order to get a bootable USB because the Microsoft tools are abysmal. I have Windows 10 on a flash drive now.

I have done all the things suggested and it has come back as successful on all of them except boorec /RebuildBcd - This comes back with:

Total identifiied Windoes installations: 2

[1] C:\Windows

Add Installation to boot list? Yes(Y)/No(N)/All(A) :Y

[2] C:\Windows.old\WINDOWS

Add Installation to boot list? Yes(Y)/No(N)/All(A) :N

The requested system device cannot be found.

All combinations of Y and N result in the same error message. What now?

SK.Jam, Jul 9, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

New Motherboard Clean Install Y/N

clean install - because of different hardware

Kyhi, Jul 9, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I just did a motherboard swap and I was lucky I guess. The PC just booted up into the existing OS(Win10) with out a re-install..

How?? No clue..

BunnyJ, Jul 9, 2015
  6. labeeman Win User
    Did you use the same CPU?

labeeman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

New Motherboard Clean Install Y/N

1. New Motherboard Clean Install Y/N - Similar Threads - Motherboard Clean Install

2. Clean New Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean New Install: I recently retired and was given my work surface pro on the way out. I need to do a clean install on my Surface Pro as I no longer am part of the enterprise. I keep getting a pop up window stating I need to activate windows. How do I proceed? Thanks....
  3. Windows install with new motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows install with new motherboard: I am trying to install windows 10 on my new motherboard /PC but it wont accept my license key. How do I sort this out? I have already tried the support areas but nothing has worked and my current Key says its not valid on the new motherboard. I should have windows 10 pro...
  4. Installing motherboard and ssd drivers after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing motherboard and ssd drivers after clean install: I did a clean win 10 install following the guide by Brinck forund here on Tenforums. I have also downloaded the most recent drivers for my motherboard (Asus, B360M-K Prime) from Asus site (chipset, SATA, LAN and Audio) (found here) I have a few questions regarding the...
  5. Installing Windows on new Motherboard?

Installing Windows on new Motherboard?: Hello, In the up-coming weeks I will finish building a new PC. I have Windows 10 installed on my current PC and I think it was last year I was told that my Windows is OEM or something and once it's being installed, it cannot be installed on new PC. And was I told that I...
  6. New motherboard and CPU. Need a clean install of windows 10?

New motherboard and CPU. Need a clean install of windows 10?: I upgraded the motherboard and CPU now I cannot boot directly into Windows 10 from my ssd that it was installed on. But I can manually boot from the bios. the SSD is on the boot priority as first, but still not working. Do I have to do some windows recovery or something? I...
  7. Installing new motherboard and windows clean install question!

Installing new motherboard and windows clean install question!: Im installing a new motherboard along with new ram and cpu. Im keeping the same hard drive(s) but i am doing a clean install. My question is will my windows 10 key still work? I heard with new hardware it doesnt activate properly. thanks in advance for any help!...
  8. Installed new motherboard...problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed new motherboard...problems: Greetings I had to install a new motherboard in my wife's computer, the system was flakey. The drives were C:, a Sandisk ssd, D: a DVD burner, and E: was a 2TB Seagate HD. After installing the new motherboard, the drives were C:, a Sandisk ssd, D: was a 2TB Seagate HD., and...
  9. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD with new Motherboard

Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD with new Motherboard: Hello everyone, I'm getting new Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-ZA170 Gaming K3-EU) and new SSD (SanDisk 120GB) tommorow. I've had Windows 10 x64 installed on my HDD until now and I'm planning to clean install it onto my SSD and remove it from HDD and use my HDD for pictures,...
  10. Windows 10 Pro N - Clean Install to SSD

Windows 10 Pro N - Clean Install to SSD: I'm installing a SSD on my computer and want to start off with a fresh copy of Windows 10. My current OS is Windows 10 Pro N. I'm guessing Microsoft wants my new install to be the N version as well. I downloaded an iso of Windows 10 Pro N and want to put in on a USB...