Windows 10: New Motherboard/Fresh Windows 10 Install Problem After Reboot

Discus and support New Motherboard/Fresh Windows 10 Install Problem After Reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey everyone, so I just installed an MSI Z170A 1151 M3 motherboard with an i7 6700k CPU. I'm attempting to install Windows 10 pro x64 on an SSD and am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Onibot, May 4, 2016.

1. Onibot Win User

New Motherboard/Fresh Windows 10 Install Problem After Reboot

Hey everyone, so I just installed an MSI Z170A 1151 M3 motherboard with an i7 6700k CPU. I'm attempting to install Windows 10 pro x64 on an SSD and am running into a problem. The process goes something like this:

Boot into BIOS
    Changed boot order to SSD > Flash Drive > Etc.
    Reboot > F11 > boot to USB drive
    Installation starts, I enter my license key, install get's to the point where it requires a restart
    Computer reboots, it boots to my SSD and I just get a black screen with nothing but the blinking cursor as so:

New Motherboard/Fresh Windows 10 Install Problem After Reboot [​IMG]

After the Windows 10 install reboot, should it be booting to the SSD or back to the flash drive? Anyone know if there are any special settings to check in the BIOS to disable, etc? Fast boot is disabled and BIOS is set to UEFI + Legacy. Whenever I go through the reinstallation process again, it's made about 4 partitions (recovery, etc).

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

:)

Onibot, May 4, 2016

2. Random BSODs only freshly installed Windows 10 (R7 1700x)

New motherboard (Asrock A320M, designed for 95w) - fresh install.

BSOD'ed again - check the new 031618-5421-01 - Kopi file in the shared folder.

After the computer rebooted, it started updating (?!) Could it be Windows Update that causes this?

Troels Plougmann Olsen, May 4, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Installation Disc Not Working

I reinstalled the old motherboard, and simply did a "reset" windows for a fresh clean install of Windows 10.

There are now no additional programs or drivers installed beyond what Windows itself placed after finishing the install. Following this, I attempted to put the new motherboard in and now Windows will not load past the logo.

Shinzaraku, May 4, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

It is supposed to reboot to the SSD. Try the F11 key again, and try each entry for the SSD, there will probably be two. One will start with UEFI (like UEFI hard drive or UEFI SSD), the other will probably be Windows boot manager or it might be hard drive or SSD without the UEFI in front of it.

NavyLCDR, May 4, 2016
  5. ARC
    Arc Win User
    If there is any other HDD that comes form an old system, remove/disconnect it. See how it goes.

6. Onibot Win User
    Thanks for the input, but I solved my problem!
    There's a feature in my motherboard to disable the graphical BIOS flash screen. I disabled this and it booted back into the Windows setup. I'm not exactly sure how it was interfering with the reboot process, but it worked. I also switched the BIOS to UEFI only.

Issue solved!

Onibot, May 4, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    That is probably what did it.

NavyLCDR, May 4, 2016
  8. badrobot Win User

You said you had 4 partitions after installation which means your HDD was formatted as GPT where switching to UEFI only is highly recommended. Great job sorting it out.

badrobot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New Motherboard/Fresh Windows 10 Install Problem After Reboot - Similar Threads - Motherboard Fresh Install

2. Reboot Loop after fresh install Windows 10 pro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot Loop after fresh install Windows 10 pro.: Hi all.I have recently updated HP Pavilion notebook with fresh Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H1 version German via USB Flash Drive. Windows boots in loop while starting.Please see the screenshot, how the installation...
  3. Transfering a Fresh Install of Windows to new SSD after a motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering a Fresh Install of Windows to new SSD after a motherboard change: Hello, I am about to upgrade my Motherboard, CPU, and RAM, and want to wipe all of my drives and just start from scratch. I have a Windows Install Dongle ready to reinstall windows, but I just want to make sure I can activate it once I am there. I don't have a product...
  4. Motherboard drivers after fresh Win10 install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Motherboard drivers after fresh Win10 install: Do you need to install now the drivers from the motherboard manufacturers website or the Win10 install them by itself? I mean for example chipset drivers submitted by /u/MrGohut [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 will not activate after installing new motherboard

Windows 10 will not activate after installing new motherboard: Hello, I originally got my Windows 10 Pro licence as a free upgrade from Windows 7. I recently got a new motherboard for my PC after years of using an older one and upon rebooting Windows informed me that it was no longer active. I followed the troubleshooter, eventually...
  6. Windows 10 reactivation after new motherboard install

Windows 10 reactivation after new motherboard install: Hi Everyone, My PC was pre-built by Digital Storm. I ended up having to update some hardware including my motherboard. Now, I'm encountering an issue when trying to re-activate my license (which should be tied to my Live ID). When I get to the activation page in settings,...
  7. Installing/reactivating Windows 10 after installing new motherboard

Installing/reactivating Windows 10 after installing new motherboard: After a BIOS update, our computer is no longer usable. It turns on to a black screen and stays that way. We've been in touch with the manufacturer who sent out the update, but not having any success fixing it. A "Geek Squad" person, told us we would most likely need to...
  8. Freezing on new- motherboard, fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing on new- motherboard, fresh install: Hi, My desktop was getting BSODs and freezing. Since I am not good at PC troubleshooting I've taken it to repair... twice. One tech said it was the motherboard, so I got a new one, had it installed and also upgraded by 150 SSD to a 250 GB SSD, then I started having...
  9. Windows reactivation after new motherboard installed

Windows reactivation after new motherboard installed: My old motherboard was broken so I had to replace it. I know that windows considers this a "new computer", but is there a way to transfer the license even though I could not deactivate my license on my old mobo....
  10. Installed new motherboard...problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed new motherboard...problems: Greetings I had to install a new motherboard in my wife's computer, the system was flakey. The drives were C:, a Sandisk ssd, D: a DVD burner, and E: was a 2TB Seagate HD. After installing the new motherboard, the drives were C:, a Sandisk ssd, D: was a 2TB Seagate HD., and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new motherboard reboot

2. how to download reboot for new motherboard

3. Geek Squad installed new Windows 10 motherboard died replaced can I re-install Windows 10 with USB